✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rock Music Quotes

Til_Kingdom_Come

Post your favourite quotes from rock musicians.

I'll start then:

Billie Joe Armstrong from Green Day “School is practice for the future, and practice makes perfect, but if nobody's pefect why practice?”

Tre Cool from Green Day

"It's not how you pick your nose, it's where you put that booger that counts."

And my favourite, it's so lovely and I think we can all relate to it even though I know not everyone likes MCR and Green Day:

Gerard Way from My Chemical Romance "If for one minute you think you're better than a sixteen year old girl in a Green Day t-shirt, you are sorely mistaken. Remember the first time you went to a show and saw your favorite band. You wore their shirt, and sang every word. You didn't know anything about scene politics, haircuts, or what was cool. All you knew was that this music made you feel different from anyone you shared a locker with. Someone finally understood you. This is what music is about."

And another one from Gerard Way

"Hey, girls, you're beautiful. Don't look at those stupid magazines with sticklike models. Eat healthy and exercise. That's all. Don't let anyone tell you you're not good enough. You're good enough, you are too good. Love your family with all your heart and listen to it. You are gorgeous, whether you're a size 4 or 14. It doesn't matter what you look like on the outside, as long as you're a good person, as long as you respect others. I know it's been told hundreds of times before, but it's true. Hey, girls, you are beautiful."

My favourite one is this:

"Coldplay fans are the best in the world. If you like Coldplay then you're obviously very intelligent and good looking and all-around brilliant. "

In doing so, Coldplay may well be the most profound British act to emerge out of the millennium thus far. No one is more surprised by their popularity than the band. And Just months after Coldplay released their #1 debut album, Parachutes, in England, they were hailed as Band of the Year 2000 in the music press.

Fan: "Where do you get the energy and the inspiration to keep performing as much as you guys do?"

Tim Rice-Oxley: "Er...chocolate"

"I like cows very much, I like their big... eyes and they moo a lot and they don't do any harm." - Tim Rice-Oxley

"I'm sort of like a child genius, without being a child or a genius." - Tim Rice-Oxley

Okay, not really, but they're the only quotes I could think of right now...

There are few better time-wasters on YouTube than musician interviews.

"Is Morrissey really a vegetarian? Does he not even like sausages? Everyone likes fucking sausages" -- Noel Gallagher.

"Working with members of your family is hard. It's even harder when that member is Liam Gallagher." -- Noel again.

"They sit on an apex of meaningless, and they mean nothing to no one apart from their fuck-ugly girlfriends." -- Noel on the Kaiser Chiefs.

"Their music would be really good if they got rid of the ginger one." -- Murdoc Niccals on Girls Aloud.

"Some people would call that rock and roll... I just call it unhygenic." -- Matt Helders (Arctic Monkeys) on drumming/sweating in your jeans.

"It's a homogenisation of everything that will ultimately lead to emptiness, and a silly, naive way of connecting ideas" -- Damon Albarn on Glee.

"I feel so safe surrounded by exotic cheese" -- Alex James (Blur).

"My family can all speak Spanish and they just leave me to sit in the corner, watching Neighbours." -- Chris Martin

"To show you what kind of a background I'm from, one day my dad was having a dinner, and his colleague said, 'what do your children do?' He said 'well, one of my sons works for a bank, and one of them is an international rockstar,' and this guy replied 'Wow! Which bank?'" -- Chris again

There are few better time-wasters on YouTube than musician interviews.

"Is Morrissey really a vegetarian? Does he not even like sausages? Everyone likes fucking sausages" -- Noel Gallagher.

"Working with members of your family is hard. It's even harder when that member is Liam Gallagher." -- Noel again.

"They sit on an apex of meaningless, and they mean nothing to no one apart from their fuck-ugly girlfriends." -- Noel on the Kaiser Chiefs.

"Their music would be really good if they got rid of the ginger one." -- Murdoc Niccals on Girls Aloud.

"Some people would call that rock and roll... I just call it unhygenic." -- Matt Helders (Arctic Monkeys) on drumming/sweating in your jeans.

"It's a homogenisation of everything that will ultimately lead to emptiness, and a silly, naive way of connecting ideas" -- Damon Albarn on Glee.

"I feel so safe surrounded by exotic cheese" -- Alex James (Blur).

"My family can all speak Spanish and they just leave me to sit in the corner, watching Neighbours." -- Chris Martin

"To show you what kind of a background I'm from, one day my dad was having a dinner, and his colleague said, 'what do your children do?' He said 'well, one of my sons works for a bank, and one of them is an international rockstar,' and this guy replied 'Wow! Which bank?'" -- Chris again

personally I prefer Liam Gallagher's heartfelt tweets;

"Listen up fat fuck as a real northerner I was brought up 2 say shit 2 people's faces not behind their back. Live forever LG"

though Noel's sausages quote is pure gold...

personally I prefer Liam Gallagher's heartfelt tweets;

"Listen up fat fuck as a real northerner I was brought up 2 say shit 2 people's faces not behind their back. Live forever LG"

though Noel's sausages quote is pure gold...

"Liam's a man with a fork in a world full of soup". We could back-and-forth with Gallagher quotations all day.

Though I did like Liam the other week saying "Mumford and Sons look like they have fucking nits." Brilliant.

I love Damon even more after reading this :dazzled:

edit: And Noel's quotes are quite brilliant too :laugh3:

"Music is a safe kind of high."

-Jimi Hendrix <3

"Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it. "

-John Lennon

"As a musician usually music is your way out. "

-Damon Albarn

"I always had a repulsive need to be something more than human."

-David Bowie

"Floccinaucinihilipilification"

-Matt Bellamy

"I don't mind not being cool. "

-Chris Martin <3<3

"We're not arrogant, we just believe we're the best band in the world."

-Noel Gallagher, legend.

“Always be wary of people who use quotes. I don't know who said that.'"

- Murdoc Niccals, Gorillaz

"I can't believe we've got away with becoming this huge band. And we still haven't done anything I think is that good yet. "

-Chris Martin

"I am a tender, beautiful and loving guy that happens to slap a photographer now and then because they get in my way. "

-Liam Gallagher

"I don't know what any of my songs are about. I don't sit down to write about anything. They're about whatever you want. I don't pick subjects. I just start. "

-Liam Gallagher

"Discipline? I don't know the meaning of the word."

-Liam Gallagher

"It's important not to be snobby about you who likes you."

-Jonny Buckland

"The thing I really like about this band is that every time I walk out of my door I bump into Graham, no matter where I am! That always reassures me."

- Alex James

"Every generation of rock musician will understand that we wouldn't be anywhere without the support of teenagers buying the records. "

-Roger Daltrey

"I'm not fucking Justin Bieber, you motherfuckers!" - Billy Joe

One of my current favorites, because it's so bad/sad

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIGseFhDdAg&feature=player_embedded]Green Day smash their guitars at iHeart Radio - YouTube[/ame]

"Rock & roll is dying because people became OK with ****** being the biggest band in the world" - Patrick Carney

...and then when asked to apologize: "There's much worse bands than ******, maybe"

Classic.

Am I the only person to notice that Patrick Carney looks like the disabled kid from Glee?

Patrick+Carney+Dan+Auerbach+SE8vTcQt6zgm.jpg

ArtieAbrams.jpg

Wow, he's like that obnoxious, aggressive, neglected 7 year old who no one every wanted to babysit. What a tool.

WHY DO YOU FEEL SO MUCH ANGER AGAINST HIM??!! IF ANYTHING YOU'RE THE 'TOOL' OR WHATEVER YOU JUST SAID. IF YOU'RE NOT GONNA POST QUOTES, THEN GET THE HELL OFF MY THREAD!!!

IF YOU READ ANY OF GREEN DAY'S INTERVIEWS, YOU'LL SEE, THAT WITHIN READING A FEW LINES, THAT HE'S A KIND, HONEST AND DOWN-TO-EARTH GUY. JUST LIKE CHRIS MARTIN.

IF YOUR BEST FRIEND WAS IN REHAB FOR SUBSTANCE ABUSE OR WAS GOING THROUGH SOME PRETTY TOUGH TIMES, WOULD YOU ACT LIKE A TOTAL DICK??

SO, PLEASE, THINK BEFORE YOU START TYPING!!! :angry:

Come on, calm down...getting angry like that isn't necessary. When someone says something insulting about someone you admire, it's best to ignore it. Sometimes people say stupid stuff about Tim Rice-Oxley or Tom Chaplin, guys I think are amazingly talented and great, and I feel like punching those silly people in the face, but I don't say anything. I ignore it.

Wow, he's like that obnoxious, aggressive, neglected 7 year old who no one every wanted to babysit. What a tool.

Billie Joe is probably, the nicest guy in rock music, no HUGE ego, no falseness, just a nice, caring, funny guy. See this?:

'Of course he is nice! It all depends lol if you get him mad that's a diffrent story but I am a HUGE fan of Billie Joe And I've gone to his concerts and he seems like an AWESOME dude.!' - from WikiAnswers

And, you know, he's had alot on. In September 2012, he had a breakdown, went into Rehab (of his own thought, will and accord), had extreme influenza and it was the 30th anniversary of his father's death.

So be considerate you asshole. If you want, report me, but I'm just trying to stand up for what I think is right. yeah, it's lame you probably think. But in PRP, we were just learning about nor being passive - if some idiot came up to you and said they thought Coldplay where stupid and made stupid music, would you shrug it off and agree. Probably, cause I just guess that the kinda guy you are.

PRP is the Penn Ressiliance programme, from Pennsylvania, USA. which is where you're from - but yeah, you put on your profile thing 'Prague', which is definately NOT in US!!

Ha Ha!!! I guess you suck at geography as well as Rock music!! LOL - actually, I won't say LOL, that's what morons say - I'll talk about GrohlCats or OlCats. Who are they? I hear you ask? They're Dave Grohl and Oli Sykes!! Duh!!

Also, my grammar is alittle crap now because i'm trying to make sure my sister doenst see this, cause she's younger than me and if she sees what you're saying about Billie Joe, she'll cry - she LOVES him too!!

So, just think, yeah? :\:)