✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Explosions rock Boston

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a fool for thinking I'd wake up to pictures of the suspect this morning. It's not like a shooting where it's all easily traceable and you tend to have the backstory of the person who did it within about an hour and a half.

I'm surprised at the graphic nature of some of the reporting. Don't have an opinion on whether there is a problem with such a response yet as I've not had the time to think.

I just found this video, I hate those people (it's a merchandise stand that was abandoned after the explosions because the people who worked there where needed elsewhere).

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hM7Ura6Q4w[/ame]

I just found this video, I hate those people (it's a merchandise stand that was abandoned after the explosions because the people who worked there where needed elsewhere).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hM7Ura6Q4w

First comment

please thumb up the TRUTH: I WAS THERE. THEY WERE GIVING THEM AWAY to comfort injured or those who could not go back to hotel. The guy whom you can see carrying the boxes brought them to us. Yes, some people took advantage of it, what can you do, but it's not looting what you see.

First comment

please thumb up the TRUTH: I WAS THERE. THEY WERE GIVING THEM AWAY to comfort injured or those who could not go back to hotel. The guy whom you can see carrying the boxes brought them to us. Yes, some people took advantage of it, what can you do, but it's not looting what you see.

This is not looting? People were walking away with multiple items, you don't need 5 jackets! If they were supposed to be given away to injured or stranded people the images wouldn't have looked like this.

the guy in the yellow top and rucksack, is he looking for his size?

Looks like it (he ran the marathon btw, his race number is attached to the yellow bag he's carrying) but the man with the brown jacket at 0:48 and woman with the dark hair at 0:53 clearly weren't.

I'm surprised at the graphic nature of some of the reporting. Don't have an opinion on whether there is a problem with such a response yet as I've not had the time to think.

That's the first thing that stood out to me about the reports of this, weirdly enough

AP SOURCE: Boston Marathon bombs made of pressure cookers with metal shards, nails and ball bearings

WASHINGTON (AP) - A person briefed on the Boston Marathon investigation says the explosives were in 6-liter pressure cookers and placed in black duffel bags.

The person says the explosives were placed on the ground and contained shards of metal, nails and ball bearings. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the investigation was ongoing.

The person says law enforcement officials have some of the bomb components but did not yet know what was used to set off the explosives.

President Barack Obama said Tuesday the bombings were an act of terrorism but investigators do not know if they were carried out by an international or domestic organization, or perhaps by a "malevolent individual."

link

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>JUST IN: Man sought as possible suspect is WHITE MALE, wearing white baseball cap on backwards, gray hoodie and black jacket.</p>— CBS News (@CBSNews) <a href="https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/324593633275834369">April 17, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>JUST IN: Man sought as possible suspect is WHITE MALE, wearing white baseball cap on backwards, gray hoodie and black jacket.</p>— CBS News (@CBSNews) <a href="https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/324593633275834369">April 17, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sounds like a Muslim Commiefeminazi to me!

US police chase Boston Marathon bomb suspect

_67103675_suspects_duo_464.jpg

US police chase Boston Marathon bomb suspect

US police are hunting a suspect in Monday's deadly Boston Marathon bombing in a small town near the city.

A huge police operation started after an officer was shot dead on a university campus.

One suspect was killed during a car-chase and shoot-out in Watertown, six miles (10km) from Boston.

Another suspect, shown in images from the Boston Marathon wearing a white baseball cap, was on the run in Watertown.

Police said in a statement the two men were suspected of killing a police officer on campus at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) late on Thursday.

They then stole a car at gunpoint and drove away with the car's owner still on board.

They later released the driver unharmed.

The men threw bombs and traded gunfire with police before being stopped at Watertown.

One suspect was hit by bullets during the chase and later died, police said.

An officer was also critically wounded in the chase.

Police later said they were looking for "suspect number two", the "white-capped individual".

The FBI has released several images of two men they were hunting in relation to Monday's marathon bombing.

One was wearing a white cap, the other had a black cap.

Boston police Commissioner Ed Davis said he believed the man being hunted in Watertown was a "terrorist".

"We believe this to be a man who came here to kill people," he said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22212946

I thought that surely it's just a coincidence that the Boston bombers turned out to make news separately by killing a cop, stealing a police car and throwing grenades around, but apparently this is what's gone on, absolute madness.

The cops said on the police scanner that the 2nd suspect who is being chased, is Sunil Tripathi, and now they've apparently retracted that info. Tripathi is a student who recently went missing and there's been a huge campaign to find him, this was all linked together by some guy who posted about it on Reddit and somehow it must've filtered through to the freaking FBI despite it being a fairly tedious link.