✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

When do you celebrate Christmas?

TraceOddity

This year I have refused to do any overtime for bar work, last 2 christmas periods I've worked my arse off (70 hour weeks), so this year I'm taking it easy.

I'm even disappearing on the 'crazy' weekend (although my trip was booked before it was deemed crazy) for a long weekend in Jersey for the Jersey Christmas Market.

True I will probably miss the extra bit of money in January's wage packet, but does an extra £300 worth ending up absolutely tired for?

As for Christmas, probably will put the decos up mid december.

In my home we buy and decorate the Christmas tree usually one week-end before my sister's birthday, which is on December 13th. It just always feel right, it's not too soon and not that late either. We install a few decorations at the same time.

We're ALWAYS in a hurry to buy the presents, most of the time we take care of that during the last week or couple of weeks before Christmas.

We celebrate on 24th in the evening/night (we go to church and then have a nice buffet and open the presents), and then on the 25th we chill out and have nice meals :D

I love Christmas but I never really start thinking of it much until the beginning of December.

Whilst people complain about early Xmas adverts and early decorations and early Xmas music ruining Xmas itself, I've never been sat at the table on Xmas day with a frown on my face, my Mum asking me what was wrong and me replying 'I would be enjoying this but I saw some Christmas lights in the middle of November and it's ruined it for me.'

But it is annoying at the time. I guess they have to let people see it all before their last payday before the main event.

I celebrate on the 24th and through until the 2nd I guess. Usually.

Working this year though :(

Guest LiquidSky

I decorate some time in December..and I buy as early and late. I try to do it early most of the time because I hate the big lines and the crowds.

We put the decorations up on the 8th December (dunno why) and on the 24th we -my family and all my aunts and uncle's- go to my grandma's and at midnight we make a toast and watch the fireworks (yes, fireworks on christmas it's so awesome! :wacko:) and then we open the presents

on the 25th we have lunch at my grandma's again and in the afternoon if it's hot enough we may go to the beach

EDIT: Oh, and we buy our stuff on the 23rd :|

other people must do it earlier but that's just the way we are

We decorate sometime after Thanksgiving, usually the first week of December. Getting gifts happens sporadically over the course of November-December. Then celebrating is pretty much a month-long thing for us. You know, Christmas music all month, decorations everywhere, parties and movie nights all month long too! Love it all!

The Christmas tree is usually up sometime around the first week of Advent. We play Christmas songs throughout December. On the 24th of December we go to church and celebrate a bit at home. We usually do most of the celebration, opening of presents, etc. on the 25th after church.

Christmas decorations are all looked out and ready to go up next weekend.

Big day out present shopping also next weekend.

Lots of special Christmas days out planned throughout Dec to celebrate like Santa's grotto, Christmas market, Panto, Cinema to see Christmas movie and of course the obligatory office party.

Hopefully some sledging fun and snowman building too if we get snow (please, please let it snow!!!)

Evening mass and carol service on 24th Dec.

25th Dec is spent with family exchanging gifts then eating and drinking too much.

Oh and 26th Dec is time to hit the sales.

I just love Christmas Time- mulled wine anyone??? :D