✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Let's catch up on some sleep! but how?

iccp

^ Random question that came up.

Sometimes I stay up late either reading or studying and then i end up being sleep deprived the following morning but i can't risk falling asleep in class. i guess a good number of people have been in that situation. how exactly do you stay awake in that situation? how do you catch up on the much needed rest knowing that you're probably gonna have to repeat the staying up late routine for the next couple of nights?

You can't catch up on the much needed rest without sleeping. Whatever you do to keep yourself awake that doesn't involve sleeping you'll feel like shit, no matter what you do :sad: You can only make yourself feel awake for short periods of time, like eating fruits as fcam said, or drink coffee. If you have breaks in between your classes I'd advice you to use those for taking naps.

This might be a symptom of inapparent depression. (It most likely isn't.) But it's a vicious cycle that fucks up your hormonal biorhythm which can cause a number of disorders. It is an individual thing, some need more sleep, some less, but try to plan an 8 hour sleep. Most importantly go to bed before midnight because then and only then certain hormones are produced. Just prioritize better, do the things you need to do during the day and when it's time to sleep just turn off all electronics or whatever it is that keeps you preoccupied and awake. Afternoon naps can make it worse and drinking large amounts of coffee or energy drinks isn't good for you long term. And cocaine is bad mkay?

Just drink coffee and Red Bull to keep you awake. Chocolate (and sugar in general) also helps.

I sometimes had a nap after I got home from uni if I was too tired to do work. I often felt like I was wasting my time if I had exams/essay deadlines but I hardly ever did any work before 7 anyway.

cocaine.

:lol:

Green tea is a good way to stay awake without taxing your body as badly as Red Bull, IMO. And it's easier to come down from than coffee. Don't get me wrong, I love coffee. But drinking it to stay awake can make it difficult to catch up on your sleep the following night, repeating the cycle. Good luck!

This might be a symptom of inapparent depression. (It most likely isn't.) But it's a vicious cycle that fucks up your hormonal biorhythm which can cause a number of disorders. It is an individual thing, some need more sleep, some less, but try to plan an 8 hour sleep. Most importantly go to bed before midnight because then and only then certain hormones are produced. ... Afternoon naps can make it worse and drinking large amounts of coffee or energy drinks isn't good for you long term.

Thanks for the info! never actually knew that it could be a symptom of depression. There was a time when i went without proper sleep for a couple of days and i noticed that it really messed up my focus and other stuff. it must be that hormonal biorhythm stuff that you mentioned.