✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2013 in review

Mollyxyloto

- Moved the fuck away from Texas, and began living on my own for the first time in St. Louis.

- Had to unfortunately leave the best job I've ever had back in Texas, but for greater things. (What I would give to relive my year there.)

- Finally started at the university I've been dreaming of since 2011. Goodbye, community college!

- Met one of my closest friends in August. :dazzled:

- Fell for someone that ended up being a one-sided relationship.

- Had probably some of the worst months of my life as I struggled to find a job in St. Louis and sustain financially on my own.

- Experienced what was the worst day of my life literally a day before one of the best days of my life. Crazy.

- Finally turned my small-time hobby of urban exploration into a full-grown hobby thanks to the wonderful people in St. Louis.

- Recently met the greatest person I've talked to in ages, and it seems to be turning into a nice relationship.

2013 was a really bizarre year. I can't say I am going to miss the majority of it, but I'm thankful for a handful. Everything up to June was genuinely great, but July and on is all sorts of bleh. Bring on 2014.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...

• Last February or march marks a whole year since I've seen snow. (Which is too long :cry:)

• I became an aunt

• I started taking art classes at an international school here

• This August marked one year here in Thailand.

I don't think I've had very many significant things happen this year...

started january with exams, and i failed my biology yet again. i got all my choices for university.

lambing time was met with harsh snow and freezing temperatures, my dad (who'd recently had an operation) had to move all the sheep to lower ground so they didn't die in snowdrifts. i spent two weeks waking up at 7am to feed 20 pet lambs 3 times a day and making sure all the sheep had food/water inside and would get in around 12 every night. it was an awful time because the stress was just so overwhelming and i couldn't get on with any school work so inevitably when i had a practical exam, i failed it.

resat that again, failed it.

besides a-levels and exams i've had some good times with friends going to the cinema and with people at college.

i finished for summer in june and was super happy to hear my awful bosses were leaving and that we had a new lovely boss and i've really enjoyed working there over the summer because i'm around people and i start to feel more comfortable around them. plus i've had some great times chatting to friends online and maybe that sound like a small thing but it's a pretty huge part of my life.

results day sucked because guess what.. i failed biology yet again and though i could've gotten into a uni i decided i wanted to resit. started my a-levels again in september and it's so much more dull there at the moment and i'm mostly stuck with people i don't really know or care to tbh. i don't feel like my grades have improved massively at all... so i'm hoping here's me not just wasting my life.

in the last week or so my gran who i was close to died. my family is all upset but it's nice to be reminded how big my family is and how kind they all can be.

..and I am afraid I will decide to just stay here and do this crap for the next 30 years... :S

Oh yeah, and I am single too :(:

“You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don’t make money your goal. Instead pursue the things you love doing and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off of you.”

― Maya Angelou

I think her wisdom as well as the determination apply to career choosing as well as partner choosing, and basically, very decision you would make in life. Don't be afraid and don't lose hope, looking within you and taking time to figure it out, what you really love and makes your heart beating fast:) too

started january with exams, and i failed my biology yet again. i got all my choices for university.

lambing time was met with harsh snow and freezing temperatures, my dad (who'd recently had an operation) had to move all the sheep to lower ground so they didn't die in snowdrifts. i spent two weeks waking up at 7am to feed 20 pet lambs 3 times a day and making sure all the sheep had food/water inside and would get in around 12 every night. it was an awful time because the stress was just so overwhelming and i couldn't get on with any school work so inevitably when i had a practical exam, i failed it.

in the last week or so my gran who i was close to died. my family is all upset but it's nice to be reminded how big my family is and how kind they all can be.

But you are a successful *sheep care lover* .

Cheers for family:) I had the exact experience this couple of weeks and the doctors/nurses thought highly of my family members, cause it is almost a *miracle* that my grandma can survive this time based on the poor monitoring data. I thank Buddha :)

Plus points:

Lost some more weight (although don't know how much as I haven't checked since January)

Travelled to the west coast of America and inland to the Grand Canyon

Travelled Canada & Jersey

Got a new job

Travelled a bit of the south east of england by train

Some amazing shows

Gaining a lovely nephew

Bad points:

Still single

Getting made redundant from my last job

So overall 2013 has been a very nice year for me

Hmm..

-started university and rocked my first year

-got braces :D

-went camping with my friends, good times

-had lots of good times with my boyfriend and bad times

-saw a bunch of good bands live

-Lost some friends, made some too

-switched positions at work. No longer suffering being a floor associate at walmart :wacko:

-made one of my biggest mistakes

-had a health scare

-read some really good books

-painted some of my favourite paintings of mine

Overall it's been alright.

why are you all considering being single as a bad point? maybe because im 16 and idk what it feels like to be "alone" for a longer time but still jesus christ not having a partner isn't bad just fucking love yourself, have your own goals and your family and friends love you so you're not alone :sad: *plays Hold On To Your Ego by the Beach Boys*

why are you all considering being single as a bad point? maybe because im 16 and idk what it feels like to be "alone" for a longer time but still jesus christ not having a partner isn't bad just fucking love yourself, have your own goals and your family and friends love you so you're not alone :sad: *plays Hold On To Your Ego by the Beach Boys*

:heart::heart::heart:

It has it's positive and negative points

+ve - You are free to do whatever you want when you want, so if I fancy a day-trip on the train to somewhere random such as Ashford, I can do, sit back, listen to music and read manga on my tablet.

-ve - gets lonely, when you are all alone in a house. After-all these cold nights are a good excuse to keep warm in bed :wink3:

it's painful in terms of the becoming (though better now for me at least)

oh yeah and i forgot about my health scares earlier in the year

I think 2013 was my most incredible, challenging, surprising, confusing year so far.

It all started quite normal and uneventful BUT THEN I had a really challenging time at my internship but it all ended up great. I got my diploma. I moved from my parents' home for the first time, to go to a foreign country and live in a flatshare and study at a "real" university. I have met so, so many people. I now like beer and wine. In 3 months I have been out and partying more than I would in like a year. I've had some really, really confusing stories about guys and friendships and boundaries. I've lost a great friend and turned him into a ball of bitterness and I ran away from it. I've had the best trips of my life, one discovering th Highlands on a roadtrip with friends, the other taking place in LONDON, with ELLEN, for a KODALINE concert and then WE MET COLDPLAY YOOOO :dazzled::dazzled::dazzled:

Oh and I also went to a few concerts and loved them and I have now met 3 of my favourite bands and that makes me very happy.

Pretty mindblowing year. And 2014 will get even more challenging. Geez.

edit: the only problem I have with being single is when I'm the only one of my friends who is single. Because all of my girl friends go: "Celinneeee, you have to find yourself a boyfriend!" And then they either just don't say anything more (Wow, thank you for your very helpful remark, I didn't realize I was indeed single) or they try to get me someone and it's just plain embarrassing :|

edit: the only problem I have with being single is when I'm the only one of my friends who is single. Because all of my girl friends go: "Celinneeee, you have to find yourself a boyfriend!" And then they either just don't say anything more (Wow, thank you for your very helpful remark, I didn't realize I was indeed single) or they try to get me someone and it's just plain embarrassing :|

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm newly single and went on my works Christmas party and they were obsessed with finding me someone because apparently I'm not allowed to be single and also the split second you aren't with someone, then obviously the best way for everyone to get over it is to jump on every member of the opposite sex.

I somehow ended up causing 'scandal' by dancing with a guy instead.

-Now that I think of it, was a very good year, many good things happened to me, but it also was a sad year, because in my immediate environment many young people died. :( Between Tragic accidents and even suicides make me feel sad and distressed but next year will be better for me and all those families who are going through very difficult moments.

Guest LiquidSky

Erm, let's see.

In the year 2013,

started off depressing.

Then my birthday got around

and it made me feel......

it made me feel.

In the year 20-13

I spent most of my time

occupied with certain things.

I met some inspiring people who

inspired me to do more for myself and really dedicate time for myself and accomplish the things that I would like because

time goes by and it will go by

until the end of days,

and to the end of your days...

In the year 20-13,

I got my heart broken about 10xs.

It was high and low,

high and low,

high and dry..

I got to spend time with family and cousins who I hadn't seen in a while. I also became an auntie again and my doggy became a mommy, had a near death experience. I also learned that it takes me years to get over things, yeap.

EDIT: Also, I gained weight which it apparently bothers certain people *cough*my mom*cough*