✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2013 in review

Mollyxyloto

Hello everyone! Well, it's December 8th already. This year has gone so fast. It's almost 2014, to state the obvious. Time to share your year in review.

My 2013

This year I completed my *GCSE's and finished high school. I started college and it's going well even though it's very tough.

*I got grades I am very proud of and achieved way above my target grades. I am proud of myself, I put the work in and did well.

I saw Muse for the first time.

I've made some friends I hope to keep for years to come. But also lost contact with some friends who I thought would stay in my life a bit longer than they did.

I purchased my first guitar.

-I'll add to the list if I think of anything else.

And also HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS :kiss:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to lollapalooza

known many new people

finish school

I got my driver's licence

Many new and good experiences

I made many friends, but I also realized I had friends who were not true friends

It was an incredible year :)

I got an internet life and met people through the internet

lost contact and everything with my friends at school

my football team won the competition

Went to see Editors, my first concert ever and the best night of my life

did an attempt at driving the car for the first time

overall a pretty shit year with a great ending, looking forward to 2014!

Last year was an uncertain and pessimistic year for me, this one was fucking awesome. So I have a lot to say, sorry.

- I traveled quite a bit, for example I got to visit the country I was born in for the first time since I was really small, and it was eye-opening and absolutely wonderful. I honestly believe it has shaped me as a person.

- I developed from being timid and socially anxious to being a confident girl with a circle of friends who like having me around and really care about me. Not exactly a perfect match maturity and interests-wise, but definitely people you can call friends.

- My family's shop is going well and we're now able to live a more stable and relaxing life, and pretty soon we can start looking at buying a house. Not bad for immigrating to a country 9 years ago! I'm also starting to get a clearer idea of what I want to do career-wise.

- I went to Coachella and it was brilliant! I got to see my favorite band (Blur) among many others. Easily one of the best experiences of my life.

- I went to my summer camp again (full scholarship, thank you!!) and I spent time around people my age who are so mature and intelligent, and give me such intense happiness and motivation and fulfillment just by being around them. It's a shame the friends are almost always temporary, but it's better to lose them then to have never met them at all.

- My dad came to America for a few months and it was a negative and uncomfortable experience, I hope that was the last time we'll ever talk.

- I met the most wonderful person I've ever talked to.

This might've been the best year I've lived so far, the best part is that I think next year is gonna be even better. I've seen so much proof, and some of it came from myself too, that if you work hard, you really can achieve things that seem out of reach. I'm so grateful for all the people I met and experiences I had this year, and I wish the best for everyone :heart:

Well, started the year by unknowingly falling in love, getting heartbroken two months later... And letting them know that and how bad I felt two months later...

Finished college, got my bachelor of science in biology.

Moved to another state, which I still feel it was half a mistake, half a blessing. I moved there for friends that convinced me to do so, and in the end, only saw them maybe three times in almost five months... But met wonderful people, and got to volunteer at a beautiful park.

Had to move back to Costa Rica because I could not longer afford to live in the states.

Got a shitty job, which I left after 20 days for the current less shitty one I have.

Now I have a sad life, looking forward to my friends to come so I can get wasted and party and possibly make bad decisions (if you know what I mean) and have something to get excited for (no pun intended). I feel like I should look for a job in biology, but my current goal is to travel to Europe for over a month, and I know a serious job will not let me do that, and I am afraid I will decide to just stay here and do this crap for the next 30 years... :S

Oh yeah, and I am single too :(:

this year was by far the worst of my life and its amazing that it topped last year since my cat died and my dad got a heart attack but let me start with the good things i guess

- i moved to the united states and now i have spotify 4 ever

- im in a much better school that is less strict and i rarely have homework hooray USA

- theres a library and stores close by now

- i had to move out of my hometown for school

- i had to go to therapy because my depression got really bad

- i rarely speak to most of my friends

- i didnt see animal collective live because i couldnt afford to go to L.A :(

i hope next year is better and things turn around

I lost my job

I got through a shit ton of study and exams

I went to London - and had dinner at the Shard and saw Once on the West End

Saw The National live ( I actually almost forgot about that, haha. Greatest gig I've been to in ages)

I had my first break up

I got another job

I got replaced at said job (like literally a month later basically cause I couldn't drive)

I moved in with two friends

Started final year

Got two rabbits

I got back with my boyfriend.

It has not been my favourite year, just a lot of stress. And tbh I'm still stressed as fuck seeing as I have to pay €300 rent every month and I don't have a job. But I'll get through.

I had to quit school because I didn't had good grades :(, but started again and doing pretty good now! :D

Went to see The Killers, Armin van Buuren, Muse, Bruce Springsteen, Robbie Williams, Afrojack, Franz Ferdinand, The Lumineers, Editors (twice), Kodaline (twice), Nine Inch Nails and Imagine Dragons, so that's pretty cool. (and i'm still not out of money :shocked2:)

I'm still single....

Still doing the same job (bakery in a supermarket), got a new boss and I seem to be the only person who likes him :)

I went to Portugal, Spain and Russia.

Still waiting for LP6

So after all this year was pretty awesome :D

Can't wait to find out what next year has in store for me!

My 2013 has been crazy, and I can't wait until it's over.

Held my first job throughout the whole year.

Completed grade 11 with good marks.

Been a nicer person overall to everybody.

A lot of my friends have changed for the worst, and I have lost the majority of my friends this year.

My sister was diagnosed with cancer.

Witnessed through the whole year exactly what living with cancer is like - the ups and the downs. The things people don't mention about it. The uncertainty, the frustration, the worry, the fear. The family fights. People talking to you differently. People being too scared to talk to you at all. Finding out your real friends. The financial strain. And all the rest.

Seeing my sister go through 4 months of chemotherapy.

Seeing my sister go through 20 straight days of radiation.

Long trips into the hospital in the city, every day.

Seeing her sick. Tired. Lethargic. Sore.

Seeing her celebrate her 18th birthday still sick.

Seeing her sad.

Seeing my sister complete her treatment.

Seeing my sister beat cancer.

My year hasn't been a great one, and I won't list all the other things that I have hated about this year, because I don't want to be a negative nancy. Seeing a direct family member go through cancer is probably one of the worst things in the entire world, and I wish it upon nobody.

But basically I have hated this year, but at the same time, liked it. Liked it because it has been the biggest learning curve. I've learnt so much this year about people, about life, and I've matured a lot because of it.

Bring on 2014.

All my grandparents died this year.

One of my sisters emigrated to Kenia.

I finished my PhD thesis, defense will follow in February 2014.

Got a job as a postman. Still applying for better jobs like crazy .... HIRE ME

-First time went to Stockholm.

-My 16th birthday was really crazy and I will remember it long time.

-Decided to study medicine in the future.

-Saw "Depeche Mode" and "Foje" live.

-My brother got married.

-Started to draw portraits.

This year wasn't bad, but I hope 2014 will be better :)

I love this thread, and I wish whatever life stage you and your beloved are, taking what comes into you as experiences to make your soul grow. If you feel getting darker, or lack of strength, or lost, take a morning sunrise view, and light within you will give all you need to go through. I've been through lots of ups and downs in my 20s, or even dangerous states, and I thank for all the things happened and people walking into my life. I apologize and ask for forgiveness too. I've become more peaceful and clear about what life is about while aging.

Birds of Paradise [composer from SW England; very spiritual to me]: http://video.sina.com.cn/v/b/120675711-2704287265.html [can't find better versions]

Here are 2013 sparks:

1. Moved to a temp. apartment, then a new one with my family and I love the neighborhood, even reminding me of KC and US days

2. I got one big surprise and one due happy moment: Travis coming to Beijing in summer to take Strawberry Music Festival and I was so speechless - so happy in tears! Very nice new songs as well, such as Closer:) Around me, there are many Travis lovers as well:) "Dear Travis, thank you to be in front of me, and it is so real!" What I feel the most is "All Is Not Lost" . I've seen an old friend's Live which is the first authentic one after 17 years. It is him and a circle of musician friends that introduced me a range of worldwide musicians, such as U2, Oasis, Blur, Suede, The Cranberries, Depeche Mode, Kafka, etc back into my college years. He is one of the most talented/creative poetic musician in China. Look forward to his next Album due in 2014!

3. Got some good jobs but due to some reasons, didn't work long, such as VSO, a UK based international volunteers organization and an academic association for Management Studies at university - heading for the coming one. I make a wish secretly, that might go with my life-long love one - MUSIC! Maybe a late blooming spring of my life walks towards me eventually.

4. Took a few Buddhism/Meditation/Spiritual workshops and got a chance to do karma/energy cleaning - so grateful and thankful. Met a few Buddhist Masters and Practioners as well:) How I wish you all go to Amitabha Pure Land when this reincarnaiton ends!

5. Saw universial signs and listened to the callings from above... got to know the exact birthday of my grandma [father's side] is 1922/08/29 [07/07 on lunar calendar, a Chinese Valentine Day], which rings a bell for me. She's been in hospital for "emergency relief" about 10 days, and slowly recovered from almost-passing-away.

6. I wish World Peace and love to one another!

Let's see...

- Got my diver certification

- Got my driver's license (after putting it off for 2 years)

- Became closer with some of my friends and stopped seeing others

- Finally got to see The Killers live

- Did the DELF

- Moved house

Made new friends because the old ones hated me

Joined this forum :P

Started listening to music and to be quite honest I have become obsessed with it :dance:

Started to use the internet a lot more :computer:

Became a teenager :freak:

This year doesn't sound that bad here but it wasn't the best for me. 2014 will hopefully be better!

-Actually started using this forum for the first time since signing up in 2011 and never posting a thing.

- Coincidentally met a bunch of cool people here on Coldplaying!

-Bought my first car.

-Got more good grades in my sophomore year of college.

-Was best man at my brother's wedding.

-Saw Imagine Dragons and Alabama Shakes in concert!

-Found out that I'm really good at public speaking and making and executing speeches.

-Learned a lot more of the Spanish language so that I can speak it semi-fluently now!

-Had a bizarre two week "relationship" with a new coworker that ended very strangely.

-Quit my job of three years in the coolest way possible.

Well, this is gonna be long...

I work(ed) as an assistant manager at a grocery store and I was just finishing up an eight and a half hour shift of running the entire front end (cashiers, baggers and customer service stuff) by myself on one of the busiest and craziest days of the year, the day before Thanksgiving. One of my coworkers asked if they could go on their lunch break because they were leaving within the next 50 minutes (per state law you HAVE to give your employees a half hour lunch before they leave if they've put in more than 6 hours that day).

Since there was finally a lull in the front end, I told them they could go on lunch break and that I'd stay a little while longer until she got back. One of the three head managers, (the one that no everybody hates, but who I'd never had a problem with previously) showed up and started getting in my face about letting her go and I continually kept my cool and told him that this was the perfect time for her to leave and that I was just doing my job and that I was going above and beyond by staying behind when I easily could have left the problem to the other assistant manager who was just now arriving.

He got out of my face for a while and I went back to work until the girl I'd sent on lunch got back. After that I went to clock out and saw the manager who'd gotten in my face standing in his office doorway and gesturing with a condescending figure wag for me to come into his office. I knew right then and there that I was gonna quit at that very moment, but I went in to his office to see what he was gonna say.

Without me realizing it, one of the other managers, one who I'd always gotten along with very well, followed me into the office because she saw that something was about to go down. The other manager, aw screw it, his name was 'Jack', closed the door behind us and then asked, "Do you know why I got in your face out there?" His tone was still condescending as ever...

I told him to, "Enlighten me," as I leaned up against his office wall. He started getting red in the face and blew up again (bear in mind I'm NEVER rude or stuck up with anyone, so this whole thing was totally out of character for me).

He then started yelling at me about how, "I wouldn't be in my current position much longer if I kept making stupid decisions like that!" At this point I realized the other manager was with us too when I heard her voice behind me apprehensively say, "Jack..." in an attempt to stop his rant.

Before either said anything else though I said, "Well Jack, you're not gonna have to worry about that any longer, because I quit." I took off my name tag, threw it on the floor of his office and walked out the door.

Apparently several other employees had heard what was going down and actually started cheering me on as I left the store. The other manager was calling out my name all the while asking me, 'not to leave' as I was walking out the door. Now, whenever I go back there to shop or see old coworkers they treat me like some kind of hero haha.

Holy shit that was long-winded....

- made some friends i guess

- was compensated for my dads passing last year, managed to upgrade some stuff that sorely needed it

- competed in the first ever pokemon video game national competition for my country, i got knocked out early but it was still really cool to finally have official events that could take one to worlds

- helped out with a couple pokeman tournaments, we managed to get back on good terms with one of the major gaming stores to host events there (our local version of gamestop) after previous people had caused a lot of damage to those relations

- became single (was the very sads)

- finished my IT course, progressing onto the next level

- hung around on here for another year

YEAH mixed i guess, but not as rollercoaster-y as last year