✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Got in a mini-twitter battle with the Pitcfork Ghost Stories reviewer.

dfminkle

Yes, it was his opinion but his stupid opinion might change the view for GS for other people now..

That's those other people's fault, if they're so easily swayed there's not much point trying to change their opinion back to 'GS is good' because it's possible they'll just be swayed back to the 'GS is shit' side again.

Also, why is his opinion "stupid"?

Hahaha that was funny. I really don't care pitchfork review. It's what I feel in my heart when I listen to the band that no one can explain with words.

And last but not least, Coldplay mentioned they don't read album reviews. The review that appears on iTunes is written by the band itself I guess. They don't care about these guys review so why should we care about it? If you feel you don't like it you don't, that's it. If you like that's fine too.

I agree with person above me, it's other coldplay listeners fault if they let a stupid review get over what Ghost Stories can transmit sonically. Really pitchfork can go $(#/%#$/CENSORED.

"Too late for you guys to start giving props anyway. Maybe y'all shouldn't have butchered their earlier, better stuff" :laugh3:

Pitchork doesnt have any credibility in my eyes. And Coldplay isnt the only amazing act that they've hated. They are only selling hate. Not interested tbh. People give them too much credit.

Guest kmm1482

They gave a perfect 10 to Kanye's album. Their arguments are invalid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They gave a perfect 10 to Kanye's album. Their arguments are invalid

hey that album is good. not a 10 obviously, but pretty good! not the typical hip-hop/rap album.

I love when he says Coldplay ripped off Arcade Fire.

Please.

I really didn't need to listen to anymore.

I won't say they ripped them off, but it's clear in certain places (e.g. the guitar parts on Lovers in Japan) on VLV that they had been listening to and influenced by Arcade Fire. I wrote this in my personal review of the album in another thread, but it almost never comes off well when bands with established sounds of their own begin making music which is influenced by their contemporaries.

Guest kmm1482
I won't say they ripped them off, but it's clear in certain places (e.g. the guitar parts on Lovers in Japan) on VLV that they had been listening to and influenced by Arcade Fire. I wrote this in my personal review of the album in another thread, but it almost never comes off well when bands with established sounds of their own begin making music which is influenced by their contemporaries.

There has been no original music in hundreds of years

Guest kmm1482
That album is a classic. One of the best albums in the past 10 years.

Sure. Ok

I'm waiting MrMilanista

I have no intention now to argue why his opinion is stupid just to give you the chance to sound like a smartass and argue against me and try to change my opinion.

But I can say that giving such a beautiful album a low score is a crime