✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Got in a mini-twitter battle with the Pitcfork Ghost Stories reviewer.

dfminkle

So I am dfminkle responding to his tweet that it was "painful for him to give that review because Coldplay is one of his favorite bands."

Honestly, I still call it BS, but he claims that if he were to have reviewed the previous albums for pitchfork he would have given these ratings:

Parachutes: 10.0

Rush of Blood: 8.6

X&Y: 5.0

Viva La Vida: 10.0

Prospekt's March: 9.2

Mylo Xyloto: 8.9

.. Strangely generous. Though I wish more people would give parachutes that kind of credit. Bu Mylo 8.9? What in the hell did he see in that album that he didn't see in ghost stories? I'd be fine with those ratings being swapped. Though I'd still put ghost stories at like a 7.5 or something.

Thoughts?

Yea I mean I think those reviews are BS. I mean 10's? Cmon... that's not even trying to be believable.

I love how he tried to turn it on me saying "That's cool that you care."

As if he doesn't... take some fucking pride in your work dude. Don't hide behind a guise of "not really caring"

.. Strangely generous. Though I wish more people would give parachutes that kind of credit. Bu Mylo 8.9? What in the hell did he see in that album that he didn't see in ghost stories? I'd be fine with those ratings being swapped. Though I'd still put ghost stories at like a 7.5 or something.

I actually find Mylo Xyloto much more interesting then Ghost Stories

Guest kmm1482

To be honest, he might have given it a much higher rating, but his editor may have interjected to be "in keeping" with the other album reviews and more in line with the "integrity" of Pitchfork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest howyousawtheworld
To be honest, he might have given it a much higher rating, but his editor may have interjected to be "in keeping" with the other album reviews and more in line with the "integrity" of Pitchfork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely. There's some speccy faced, hat wearing ****s wearing their dead grandparents clothes to keep happy.

Really interesting to see this reviewer actually loving all the other albums...I am not sure I buy it entirely though. I actually enjoyed his review, I felt his history of Coldplay was pretty good. Of course, I don't agree entirely with his criticisms with Ghost Stories, I would probably give it a 6 or 7. But that still for me, like this reviewer, is the lowest score I would give a Coldplay album.

You were too nice to him im guessing. I wouldve destroyed him. Was clearly having you on.

But that's his opinion. There's no need to call someone angrily on social media because you disagree with someone.

EDIT: This looked dickish, but that wasn't my intent. :sad:

But that's his opinion. There's no need to call someone angrily on social media because you disagree with someone.

Lol its cool. But his review was beyond stupid and clearly didnt actually listen to the album.

Damn i wish i was in that twitter mini fight

Reviews are always subjective, but not entirely useless. Sometimes you can get hold of some little gems, facts you didn't know etc.

What I dislike about some reviews/reviewers is the type of arguments and the language they use. Many of these arguments could easily be turned around to being in favor of the 'target' of the review.

I feel I always come across the word 'inoffensive' when reading Coldplay reviews. There are of course different senses of the word, but really I don't see how being 'inoffensive' can be a bad thing. It's basically saying, hey look this is a terrible album 'cause it's not OFFENDING anyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, it was his opinion but his stupid opinion might change the view for GS for other people now..