✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay to perform at iHeartRadio festival 19-09-2014

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Five songs... nice! More than I expected. Always to good to see the best band in existence play for us. :)

I am stunned they played Ink, though. Honestly, it sounded pretty lame live.

I love Ink! I actually thought that was one of the best songs they did the other night at the Ace. That & of course Johnny's friggen awesome guitar in God Put a Smile on Your Face....how good was that guitar! Seriously! Bet they rocked it tonight. Bless em'!

Ink grew on me after a few listens, but it's still near the bottom when it comes to ranking the GS songs. That said, most of Coldplay's songs sound just as good live as they do on the albums. Tonight, Ink didn't. I think the biggest thing was that Will's drums didn't sound as... powerful, or whatever. The drum beat is like the trademark of Ink.

Ink grew on me after a few listens, but it's still near the bottom when it comes to ranking the GS songs. That said, most of Coldplay's songs sound just as good live as they do on the albums. Tonight, Ink didn't. I think the biggest thing was that Will's drums didn't sound as... powerful, or whatever. The drum beat is like the trademark of Ink.

That's a shame. Hope the rest were good! Nice you were able to be there anyway. Enjoy the rest of the festival.