September 12, 201412 yr I have been listening to the new U2 album that was given for free on iTunes following Apple's iPhone 6 launch and noticed something on one of the songs. I know that Chris definitely had some input into the production of the album, as he is listed in the credits, but if you listen to the first 30 seconds of "Iris (Hold Me Close)", not only does it sound very Ghost Stories-like, but also it sounds like Chris' voice in the background. Unfortunately, I can't find any YouTube links to the song yet but it is available free on iTunes for everyone. What does everyone else think?
September 12, 201412 yr [video=youtube;prqqUnyww5U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prqqUnyww5U Could only find a full video. Iris starts at 16:15. Very interesting, could be true, have to keep a close eye on upcoming U2 interviews, it does a bit similar to Always In My Head but more to their own Ultraviolet :P
September 12, 201412 yr Here is the link to the U2 forum where I first found it. Quote #92 http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f196/iris-hold-me-close-song-discussion-217083-7.html "It's Chris Martin for sure. I'm close to a couple of Coldplay associated people (I work a few steps away from their London studios) and I had it confirmed today. It was done at Electric Lady studios a while back. The beginning and end "'haunting style' backing vocals are him all over. I believe he was also in the room clapping along with the rest on Tuesday night."
September 12, 201412 yr I second this. It is without a second or shimmer of doubt our very own mr. Chris Martin providing oh-ohs and other ambience. Not just in the beginning and end where it's fairly prominent, but sprinkled over the rest of the song too. It's got Chris all over it. [smoke is rising from the houses]
September 13, 201412 yr Iris is my favourite track on the whole album! I did not realise Chris was on it but now that I'm aware I am not suprised. Such purity. LoVe
September 14, 201412 yr the "uuhuh" of that live version is completely different from chris's part in iris EDIT OOOH now i hear what you guys mean! The "uuh" part at 4:30 of Iris, not the beginning of Iris
September 17, 201412 yr Interesting quote from an album review: "The whole album starts with “woah-oh-oh”s, the lingua franca of stadium rock, a chorus used all too frequently by Coldplay." If she had done a bit of research she'd realize that it reminds her of Coldplay because Chris is on the album.
September 22, 201412 yr Interesting quote from an album review: "The whole album starts with “woah-oh-oh”s, the lingua franca of stadium rock, a chorus used all too frequently by Coldplay." If she had done a bit of research she'd realize that it reminds her of Coldplay because Chris is on the album. I have a hard time telling if the reviewer is dissing Coldplay or not...
September 23, 201412 yr Chris seems to be really outgoing, always trying to work and collaborate with others.
September 23, 201412 yr Chris seems to be really outgoing, always trying to work and collaborate with others. Have you heard the Marvin Gaye cover that he and Bono collaborated on several years ago?
September 24, 201412 yr No, TraceOddity...But what song was it? Was it the famous one that people... Ahem... Did things to? And I'm wondering about something. How do you quote people?
September 24, 201412 yr No, TraceOddity...But what song was it? Was it the famous one that people... Ahem... Did things to? And I'm wondering about something. How do you quote people? No. It was not sexual healing. I think if they had covered that one together, several people on this forum would have exploded from the heat! :-) I think it was called what's going on. As for how to quote people. If you are using the online version of the forum there is a quote button in the bottom right hand corner of every post. If you are using tap talk and then go to the top right for the quote function. :-) hope that helps, I'm not great at explaining this stuff.
September 24, 201412 yr No. It was not sexual healing. I think if they had covered that one together, several people on this forum would have exploded from the heat! :-) I think it was called what's going on. As for how to quote people. If you are using the online version of the forum there is a quote button in the bottom right hand corner of every post. If you are using tap talk and then go to the top right for the quote function. :-) hope that helps, I'm not great at explaining this stuff. Thank you. And I think I would have exploded from heat XD... and laughter.
September 24, 201412 yr Also, Im wondering about the relationship between Bono and Chris. Are they friends? Acquaintances? Because I heard through the grapevine that Bono called Chris a "cretin" and a "w****r" on a radio interview. Or something like that. I dont know if I'm wrong.
October 2, 201412 yr Also, Im wondering about the relationship between Bono and Chris. Are they friends? Acquaintances? Because I heard through the grapevine that Bono called Chris a "cretin" and a "w****r" on a radio interview. Or something like that. I dont know if I'm wrong. Always was a joke from Bono totally misinterpreted by the "shocked" media.
Create an account or sign in to comment