✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

iOS 8 or Android Lollipop

Clocks9615

iOS 8.

I've never enjoyed Android OS, but I get the appeal. For me, iOS is clean, tidy and easy-to-use, while Android is all over the place, unorganized and doesn't really look that clean-cut. Maybe it's because I'm a bit of a neat freak.

I don't get the appeal of Android. Please explain.

Oh this should be fun.

Some bg before I give my review. ~ month ago, I made the switch from an iphone 4s (ios8) to Nexus 5 running Kitkat. I kept an idevice in the form of an ipad mini 2. Since then, the kitkat turned into a lollipop.

Strictly speaking about the OS and not Apple vs Android in general (no hardware, internal specs, etc), I would say the following.

What I love about ios8 is the clean and straightforward nature of the system. It's quite dummy proof and low maintenance. Also more apps are readily available for ios versus android. The bottom line with ios is that it just works. I didn't find it to be buggy or anything but perhaps it was because my device was old and didn't really exploit the capabilities of the new os such as fingerprint scanning or the extra screen real estate with iphone6/+.

What I didn't like was how things like widgets were advertised but not truly implemented with the new OS, or at least not to the potential that android has shown us. I said earlier that I like the simplicity of ios, but where I would've liked to see some customization is with quick toggles. Another quip is on the bizarre idea to have weather, calculator, stock apps, coverflow, etc, on iphones but not ipads. Seems like an easy OS thing they could do but has never been done.

Now to android. I'm still relatively new to it but from what time I did have, I seem to enjoy widgets the most. To this day, im still honing and tweaking my screens with widgets and icons to find the perfect blend for me. Customization is one of the selling points for android users. While its not for me, I could see others enjoying this feature.

What I don't like are that the app choices that are now quite limited. Lock screen widgets that I enjoyed are now gone. Music app is horrible. Apps themselves don't work to the consistency of ios. Ads, ads everywhere for android versions of apps, I find, compared to their ios counterparts.

Sorry, that was all a jumbled mess of words without a good flow, but I just wanted to jot down ideas more than anything.

In the end, I would jump back to iphone if it weren't for the huge price tag.