✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay to perform in China June 2015?

Sparky

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>NEWS: Coldplay have invested in 'Music Messenger'. They will perform a "huge concert" in China, this June, to celebrate it's Chinese release</p>— Atlas Project (@ColdplayAtlas) <a href="https://twitter.com/ColdplayAtlas/status/551078298311491584">January 2, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Source : http://article.yedioth.co.il/Default_mob.aspx?articleid=8893 Israeli newspaper, known as reliable.

Hopefully more info / sources on this soon, seems likely to happen. It's for a new music messenger app, the article below explains it the rise of the app :

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ilyapozin/2014/12/16/music-messenger-takes-center-stage/

I would think their involvement in such app is believable (i mean in terms of concept and all), but when it comes to this "big concert", it just sounds like wishful thinking to me. Sure, i only got a Google translation off the article, but it feels written even more like an ad than a normal, objective article. Plus, it mentions a big concert where Chinese investors would be?!?! Sounds to me like it was supposedly a private event and they're making a big thing out of it. I don't know, it all feels super weird. If it turns out to be an event resembling iTunes festival for instance, then it'd be more believable, but the way it is presented at the moment is rather confusing to me. Plus, are they even allowed to perform in Beijing? And on top of that it seems like a tricky situation to get into.

The last paragraph in that Forbes article Sparky posted is the following...

The app plans to launch in China over the summer, with a massive Music Messenger promotional concert tour with some of their investors. Given recent studies, music and messaging are a sure hit for the Far East. Until then, the company is gearing up for their Series B roadshow, which starts in the coming weeks.

In that same article it states the following...

The Series A round was overbooked as it was very sought after by people from the music community, who quickly understood the value and potential of the technology.

The Series A reached $5 million from top artists in the electronic dance music (EDM) and urban communities, as well as managers and executives including: David Guetta, Tiesto, Avicii, Nicki Minaj, Sebastian Ingrosso, Dave Holmes (manager of Coldplay)

So maybe Coeurli is on to something with the thoughts of some sort investor private concert that somehow isnt now so private lol

^ that.

Seriously why on earth would they invest in a stupid useless app? And as if that's not even enough, it's an Israeli app and they're pro Palestine

April fools is early this year... (And I liked it a lot more when they released perfume)

Got a quote for that? Hard to believe they'll get involved / take sides in any of that.

Something does seem a little fishy about all of this, could be the newspaper not being 100% correct or the translation even. Any Hebrew speakers here you can re-translate?

Got a quote for that? Hard to believe they'll get involved / take sides in any of that.

Something does seem a little fishy about all of this, could be the newspaper not being 100% correct or the translation even. Any Hebrew speakers here you can re-translate?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blogpost/post/coldplay-angers-fans-by-telling-them-to-check-out-freedom-for-palestine-video/2011/06/03/AG50OvHH_blog.html

coldplay-promo.jpg

And also the loombands thing last summer, but that was to support the children there, that wasn't really taking sides I guess http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/Coldplay-donate-2-000-Save-Children-loom-band/story-22713924-detail/story.html

Yeah that was weird. I'd keep my head out of that political and chaotic situation down there.

Why is it being an Israeli app preclusive to Coldplay supporting it? It's not like anyone who is Israeli is automatically a no-no to interact with just because you support the existence of a Palestinian state / peace in the area / etc.

Also don't forget that hideous Coldplay-for-Target concert... :p So it's not unlike them to have a couple bizarre corporate moves like this one looks like it could be.

Why is it being an Israeli app preclusive to Coldplay supporting it? It's not like anyone who is Israeli is automatically a no-no to interact with just because you support the existence of a Palestinian state / peace in the area / etc.

Have fun telling that the record company, I bet they're really looking forward to get pulled into a political debate.