✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

News roundup - new pilot show up

myl_oxyl_oto

Hey everybody,

I've been in conversation with Sparky over the last few weeks and we're heading towards the next era of the Coldplay news roundup. I've gotten a pilot episode up, but I wanted to run it by the community first and get some feedback before we make things official :)

[video=youtube;fnPsaABZ6po]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnPsaABZ6po

What do you guys think? I'm looking to improve the production quality of the show, and if possible, I want to make the background a bit more aesthetically pleasing, if you will.

Hope you guys like it!

The advice I'm about to give is not meant to be anything but helpful.

1. Turn that music waaaay down. I genuinely cannot understand the vast majority of what you're saying from 1:20 and on. While background music is good, I'd pick something much more ambient or soothing to listen to. With an energetic song like Clocks, it's almost more distracting than how loud the music is right now.

2. The camera positioning is just awkward. I get what you're going for, but it sits at such an angle, most people would probably click out. It would be kind of neat if you had more than camera, though, and switched between shots ever so often. Obviously abusing it would be bad, but if edited correctly, could provide a more dynamic result.

Also, if you can, try not to have it just on you the entire time if you can help it. For example, for the Radio Waltz bit, run a screenshot of the page it was found on, and keep it up for the intro of said segment. Usually, if people have things to look at, they're more apt to listen to the entire thing.

3. Lastly, look for a program that uses better graphics. I'm not an expert on this at all, but more interactive graphics would definitely make this go from looking like a computer class project to something of more noteworthy production.

From the parts I did hear, you definitely have the right personality to run the show and you're easy to listen to. If you can fix the production side of things just a bit, I'm sure the end result will be satisfying.

You asked for my opinion....I mean absolutely no offense

1. You are talking WAAAAAAAAY too fast..slow it down, you are almost stumbling over your words, and tbh you are getting them out so quickly its very distracting

2. The camera angle.........no. I do not want to be looking up your nose as you are reading your notes. Sit or stand, thats up to you, but point the cam head on so we can looking into your eyes when you speak, it makes it more friendly....right now if you werent asking opinions, I would have turned you off after 30 seconds and not looked back lol

3. The music is WAY too loud....it totally interferes with your speaking.....and back to #1, since you are rushing thru it like the fire brigade is coming, its all just a jumble and you are left thinking do I listen to what hes trying to speed read thru, or do I sing along to Clocks

4. The odd graphics.....just say no.....they are cheesey and tbh un-needed. I do like the white font you are using, but the odd lines going thru the vid, lets take them out and stop using them

5. Overall, your speaking voice is very pleasing to the ear, and you have great enthusiasm! I just think the little changes I have made mention of, you got yourself a winner.

So in response to what most of you said:

Yes, that background music sucked. I should have probably gone with a bit more of an ambient warm-pad-dy song. I'm going to try and come up with something by myself tonight, and see if you guys like it.

That camera angle was just for this video, and is NOT a permanent thing. I will be switching camera angles as soon as I can get the rest of the room I film the shows in organized.

And yes, graphics were terrible. Movie Maker was used in a rush, I'm probably going to switch to something else soon.

I preferred the first video you showed me, mainly because of no music being in the background. For an intro presentation, we can get some help for you on that. I would suggest to have a monitor or TV in the background, where you can show a Coldplaying logo. That will make a big improvement on the general presentation. Or even a Coldplay poster off Ebay if you haven't got one :P

Other points are covered well. The content itself is very good. It would be great as a one-off video too (once a few changes are made), before a 'series' takes place, there isn't anything i'm aware of on AHFOD via Youtube at the moment :)

I will be purchasing a green-screen soon, maybe that would work?

This was filmed in the spare bedroom because I had a shortage of time on my hands, I'll be assembling together a studio in there soon.

Thanks for your feedback everybody, I appreciate it!

Wow you sound like a presenter haha. My suggestions are maybe the same as what people have previously mentioned here. Please turn down the music or maybe no music at all so we can really hear your voice. And also, it is good to have a great public speaking skills, but it is better to slow it down when you are talking. You can look more video examples on youtube as you wish, I am sure there are tons them that you can find more appealing and fit in your voice rhythm :) Hope this makes sense. And more importantly, have fun with it! :D

I will be purchasing a green-screen soon, maybe that would work?

This was filmed in the spare bedroom because I had a shortage of time on my hands, I'll be assembling together a studio in there soon.

Thanks for your feedback everybody, I appreciate it!

That would be perfect! You can be live at a Coldplay concert haha :P

Check this guy out: https://www.youtube.com/user/emergencyawesome/videos

I know it's all comic book stuff but his style is really good. I really like how its just him sitting in front of his computer with an image related to what he is talking about kind, of like what Sparky said. It's very relaxed and he speaks clearly. You certainly have a great personality and I can't wait to see what you do in the future!!

I know there's great artists on the forum so what if we had a thread where people posted their fan art and the one with the most thumbs up became a featured image for an episode.

Change of plans. Spare bedroom is no longer the home of the studio.

I'm going to need someone to get me a graphic, high-res please. I'll handle the rest of it.

I'll also be assembling together a team of editors to edit the scripts and videos, please PM me if interested.

Yes, one-off videos work too, but while we're dormant, we at least get one big piece of news every once in a while, so I definitely think that it's a good idea to go with a once-a-month plan, and when things start to ramp up, we can switch to the once-a-week plan.

Change of plans. Spare bedroom is no longer the home of the studio.

I'm going to need someone to get me a graphic, high-res please. I'll handle the rest of it.

I'll also be assembling together a team of editors to edit the scripts and videos, please PM me if interested.

Yes, one-off videos work too, but while we're dormant, we at least get one big piece of news every once in a while, so I definitely think that it's a good idea to go with a once-a-month plan, and when things start to ramp up, we can switch to the once-a-week plan.

What sort of graphic?

Great attempt! My one and only suggestion is maybe to look at the camera instead of keep starring at the script at all times? It's a hard task I know (and seems like) but maybe if you have got some tricks that maybe you are actually reading the script while looking at the camera at the same time? Just my 2 cents :)

Great content wise, very well spoken :) I don't think that part needs editing (apart from the scripting side as Grids explained). The intro is ok too. Would like to add an extra Coldplaying graphic at the start and end. I'll get that PMed over to you soon but let's see what everyone else thinks too

Great content wise, very well spoken :) I don't think that part needs editing (apart from the scripting side as Grids explained). The intro is ok too. Would like to add an extra Coldplaying graphic at the start and end. I'll get that PMed over to you soon but let's see what everyone else thinks too

Awesome! Can't wait to see it!

• Like 1

Great attempt! My one and only suggestion is maybe to look at the camera instead of keep starring at the script at all times? It's a hard task I know (and seems like) but maybe if you have got some tricks that maybe you are actually reading the script while looking at the camera at the same time? Just my 2 cents :)

That is probably one of my biggest pet peeves. I'm probably just going to drink all the text up prior to filming, OR do some awesome post-production.

Sorry, must've missed/forgot it but what happened to the presenter we had before? I believe PeriahDark was his username.

He said things were getting busy for him at the time. I don't know when or if he'll come back. Hopefully for the next album :)

It seemed he had his own YouTube channel with his own projects before doing the coldplaying news thing, let alone real life commitments to school/work no doubt.

Still, he was a natural presenter and I'd at least look to him for a more qualified opinion. I'd prefer if he ran the whole damn thing but again, commitments....