✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Main site feedback

Sparky

I am trying legitimately to find a flaw and cannot find one. I mean, there are some nitpicky things perhaps, but the site is functional and filled with news at the fingertips.

I like how clean and organized it is. But perhaps it's 'cause I've been here for nearly 10 years now and have grown used to it. Changing the background and banner is a good way to keep things fresh without changing everything up. Links to popular pages are clearly mapped and logically placed. With my adblocker off, I can see that there aren't a whole lot of ads to begin with which is nice. All in all, a nice easy front page.

However, if I were to say ANYTHING bad about it, I'd suggest the following:

-Coldplay news ticker (a la r/Coldplay)

-Twitter feed

-wiki Coldplaying link (and wiki coldplaying back!)

-ColdplayingTV/Youtube channel embed with latest video

-I'd like to see other (qualified) ppl write some articles about Coldplay, not just Sparky. Not because the articles are bad, but for a change in perspective

-Since the forum is such a big part of Coldplaying, integrate the forums a little bit (perhaps like popular forum threads --> on the side panel here, but not quite as intrusive)

Although these are all my suggestions, I feel if these were all added, the main site would turn from clean and organized to busy and cluttered. So, I say again, the main site is fine the way it is; add maybe a couple things, but don't stray too far from the current setup 'cause it works fine.

Thanks for the feedback so far :)

There was a feed for the forums and Twitter last year but I took it off because of the slow page loading times but it should be fine now and there are always new plugins so I think those will suffice and hopefully there will be something that slots in nicely. There's always that chance there is too much detail or it's over complicated. It's certainly more vibrant with the new banner and background and it appears to have a good balance then, according to opinions.

Wikicoldplay will make a comeback at one point. It's pricey to migrate the database to Wordpress which is what needs doing and requires a bit of spare time to get it running again. Hopefully i'll be able to do it around the middle of this year. Main focus atm being on the mobile app. Writing wise, we've got writers. One is writing a lengthy piece atm, the other is away with real world stuff. It's very quiet Coldplay wise atm so it's no rush on that but more varied content is what i'm aiming for in the near future :)

Very colourful is good and should match the next era, based on what my assumptions are!

I like it; looks clean. A couple of things (that might be very nitpicky):

My browser windows usually aren't very wide, and in the narrow mode the page elements are laid out with a lot of wasted (vertical) space:

7cGZemN.png

But I realize that might be hard to improve in a straightforward way. Maybe the margins between the elements could be reduced slightly in the narrow view?

I don't understand the distinction between the two menu bars very well. Is there really a need for two? It's worse in the narrow view though, so maybe that's why it's bothering me.

There's a link "Forum" in the upper menu, and "Community" in the lower one; feels a bit redundant to me.

The "Forum" and "Multimedia" links in the upper menu open links in a new window / tab; the links in the lower menu don't. I would personally prefer none did.

The top menu has a bold font while the other is in all caps, non-bold.

A lot of links under the "Community" dropdown feel redundant to me; you can get to most of those just as easily from the community homepage.

I think 25 items in the "slider" (as it is called in the html of the page) is way too much. The posts go back almost a year, while I'd think the purpose of such a slider / carousel is to highlight what's new? 5 items would be enough in my opinion.

Also the very last link ("Coldplay announce promo tour dates for intimate shows - View them now!") in the slider is screwed up: the link redirects to here (returning a 404) and the image links here, which doesn't seem to be the right post either.

(One last thing: it seems like the ads are being blocked somehow, even though I don't have an ad blocker installed. This is the error I get in the console:

"Blocked a frame with origin "http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net" from accessing a frame with origin "http://www.coldplaying.com". Protocols, domains, and ports must match.")

I'm sorry if I sounded too negative here; all of these are very small, nitpicky things. Keep up the good work!

Nah, it's not nitpicky, that's what I want to hear, when those sort of errors are present of course. A lot of the time, there are the odd few bugs or even big ones which I don't find out for a while or never, because no one ever tells me and then it can't be fixed/improved so appreciate anything you can point out :)

There are some stuff which can't be changed other than changing the Wordpress theme. It's not perfectly responsive. It's a nice theme but that's the downside of it. I'm planning to tidy up the links, it is a bit messy in that regard. Didn't notice the 404 errors before so i'll sort that out when I take a look at it. The slider is sort of a timeline / news highlight. Usually, I would delete old posts to make room for newer ones but i'll review it and have a think about its layout.

What OS and browser are you using? I'll try to test it out myself. For the ads, i'm assuming the same happens for you with all of the ads on the site?

Is anyone else getting the issue with the Ads? (or any bugs you have noticed that haven't been mentioned)