✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Strokes

mburn

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you know that damon albarn and strokes are doing something..???!?!?

http://www.nme.com/news/106457.htm

THE STROKES' producer GORDON RAPHAEL has claimed BLUR's DAMON ALBARN nearly ended up on the band's new album 'ROOM ON FIRE' after spending a couple of hours trying out backing vocals with JULIAN CASABLANCAS.

Raphael explained that during the recording process of the record - released on October 20 - Albarn arrived in the studio to try and lend his voice to the tracks.

"The Strokes went to a rock n' roll concert while we were making the album and they brought back the lead singer of the band they went to see," he said. "A man called Damon Albarn from Blur."

Speaking on Xfm, Raphael added that as Albarn and The Strokes were listening to the unfinished album, the Blur singer pointed out that the band rarely use backing vocals, suggesting that he have a go.

Raphael said that Albarn was aiming for something: "Like The Beatles with all those harmonies."

He added: "We let him go out and try for a couple of hours... singing backing vocals. Julian's taking it really seriously, seeing if he can craft what Damon's doing into something that would make it on the record.

"But in the end Damon said: "Well I guess the songs are just perfect the way they are". And so no backing vocals were used."

Published: 16-10-2003-07-07

NME

IVE GOT THE NEW ALBUM!!!!!!!! YEAH!

Rushed out to get it today, its great. A bit different to the first one. Much more fuzz and effects, and probably a bit better production. Julian's vocals are a bit different too, often adding a bit of distortion making it sound even rougher than Is This It (if that is possible). Still I gotta say at the moment I like the songs on their debut a bit better. But Room on Fire is not that far off, and it still rocks big time!

I'll get to see them in January, cant wait! :D :D