✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

We Never Change

myl_oxyl_oto

wow thank you so much guys, this is really very nice of you all. means the world. It's funny, I had never remotely appreciated this song until Arjav requested me to play it. So i had a few listens of Parachutes and was like, GOOD GOD this song is beautiful, how did i miss this? I did a recording of A Rush of Blood to the Head last night. I think it freaked my dad out because the lyrics are quite heavy. But it came out kind of ok, a bit haunting. Coldplay's success is a testament to amazing songwriting. The performance of the band and everything is almost secondary to how timeless and expertly crafted their songs are.

i bet you could be a fine singer man. i don't really consider myself a singer to be honest. i find it difficult and somewhat stressful. probably the single biggest thing that has helped me improve at all is simply recording myself and hearing what i sound like and then adjusting. i've taken some lessons but i'll never be anything approaching classically trained. i only try to produce a sound that i think might be good. and honestly it usually isn't

humans are innately good at mimicking sounds we hear vocally. a lot of good vocal instructors are good because they employ a kind of demonstrate/then student mimics. the problem is that we don't hear ourselves as we actually sound. this is because the sound from our own voice reaches our ears primarily through our own skull rather than air. we hear ourselves as sounding more bass heavy than we sound to others.

wow thank you so much guys, this is really very nice of you all. means the world. It's funny, I had never remotely appreciated this song until Arjav requested me to play it. So i had a few listens of Parachutes and was like, GOOD GOD this song is beautiful, how did i miss this? I did a recording of A Rush of Blood to the Head last night. I think it freaked my dad out because the lyrics are quite heavy. But it came out kind of ok, a bit haunting. Coldplay's success is a testament to amazing songwriting. The performance of the band and everything is almost secondary to how timeless and expertly crafted their songs are.

You are so GOOD Man!!!!!!!

You can post your AROBTTH cover? :D

Ohh and if possible make a GPASUYF cover? You so good! :D

• Administrators
Charlie17, the covers are really awesome !! Well done, and congrats on your song choices too - those are two very underrated Coldplay songs !

Could you perhaps do a cover of I Ran Away when you find time ? :)

OOOHHH I ran away is my favorite he should do a cover of that

• Administrators
question: do you guys like the stripped down bare bones acoustic guitar + vocal approach or a more elaborate production for a cover?

The stripped down versions are great for slower songs but for more faster songs they should be more produced :)

Here's this from last night. I watched the 2003 Grammys performance of Politik and got inspired to just GO FOR IT. A Rush of Blood to the Head with enthusiasm!

https://youtu.be/RMt8uFQMOi0

How the hell do you embed a video. Somethings...I don't think i'll ever get.

https://youtu.be/RMt8uFQMOi0

EDIT: Well that didn't work either did it?

Thank you for successfully embedding that. Violet Hill....I think it's #8 on Viva la Vida. haha. that one's vocally challenging don't you think? that would be quite ambitious of me from a singing standpoint. I think the next one i'm gonna give a shot is "I ran away." I wanna sing that in the direction of a girl anyway and I also really like it. we'll see... :)

• Like 1