✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Gigwise "9 Things To Know About the members of Coldplay who are not Chris Martin"

Christa42

http://www.gigwise.com/photos/101961/coldplay-facts-will-champion-jonny-buckland-guy-berryman

Happy Birthday Will Champion! It's all about you today! and well, Jonny and Guy too hehe

<time datetime="Friday 31st July 2015">Friday 31st July 2015</time> by Alexandra Pollard | Photos by WENN

9 things to know about the members of Coldplay who aren't Chris Martin

Happy Birthday Will Champion - here's to the unsung heroes

Today is Will Champion's 37th birthday. "Will who?" we hear you ask. Or you might if you hadn't already read the headline.

Despite being members of one of the most successful bands of all time, Jonny Buckland, Guy Berryman and Will Champion tend to fade into Chris Martin's shadow - such is the curse/blessing of not being a lead singer.

It's time to right those wrongs. To celebrate Champion's birthday, and, while we're at it, the general greatness of Buckland and Berryman, here are 9 things you won't not know about the members of Coldplay who aren't Chris Martin.

9452669_wenn21511058750.jpg

Chris Martin Might be the face and the voice of of Coldplay - but there are 3 other members of

this successful band who are equally as talented . Here are some things you may not know about

Will, Guy and Jonny - Coldplay's unsung heroes.

3222159_wenn4017981.jpg

In 2008, Jonny said he would give up the band to play for Tottenham Hotspur. "I wanted to be in

in a band from age 11, but I wanted to be a footballer from the age of 5. But there's still time!"

5544591_wenn1888419.jpg

Will Champion has celebrated his birthday on tour many times, and each time the band have made the audience

sing him Happy Birthday . In 2011, at Splendour in The Grass, 60,00 people participated infront of a youtube live stream

to millions

3498631_wenn645359.jpg

According to The Sunday Times, Guy Berryman is estimated to be worth 25 million quid

1480302_wenn3651311.jpg

Jonny Buckland and Chris Martin worked together before their Coldplay days. They were previously

in a band called Pectoralz

3015112_vivalawilliam.jpg

In 1999, Will was sacked from the band by Chris Martin. However, he returned to the fold when they came to the conclusion

that this was a massive mistake

6875863_wenn3651295.jpg

Guy Berryman is an avid photographer. Some of his pictures were featured in the sleeves of A-Ha's

2009 album Foot of the Mountain.Plus, the photos of Coldplay given out to audiance members on the bands

Twisted Logic tour were taken by him.

1639937_willchampiongot.jpg

Will Champion had a cameo in Game of Thrones. He plays a drummer at The Red Wedding in the infamous

Rains of Castemere episode. If you were upset about the Stark genocide in this episode, you can just blame Coldplay

8699414_Shaunofthedead.jpg

Jonny Buckland had a cameo in Shaun of the Dead alongside Chris Martin. The top pictures show them as

zombies, and below they play themselves on tv after the breakout has been brought under control

9890367_wenn260946.jpg

Exploiting his relative anonymity, Guy Berryman jogs around gig venues before the start of shows

right past the fans queuing outside

I like how they assume Pectoralz was, like, a real band that Chris and Jonny totally "worked" in. :lol::lol:

I thought so myself HAHAHAH

Every word/name that ends with a Z instead of an S, sorry, I cannot take it seriously, like, for realZ :laugh3:

What was Pectoralz really ? I think it was a not-seriously meant name for the duo Chris-Jonny when they were jamming together in the very, VERY early days before Guy and later Will joined in, is that right?

Not sure if it was before or after the 4 got together, but yeah it was basically a joke for one drunken night more than anything :lol:

^Nothing but to everyone on this Earth who thinks Coldplay is one tall blond weirdo + musicians, these are wonderfully interesting discoveries :lol:

And, really, let me point out again how RARE it is to see an article dedicated to Jonny, Will or Guy, so this article is worth mentioning.

• Like 1