✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Your Hopes + Dreams for LP7

EasySuperstition99

This is basically a thread for people to put everything they wish LP7 to look like sound like feel like taste like!...etc, etc. Please don't judge others' opinions if you can help it! Have fun!

I wish for LP7 to sound like Parachutes and i kean have some beautiful acoustic songs, retro synth and experimental like X&Y and VLV, rock heavy like AROBTTH but upbeat amd happy like MX.

I have said it before and I will say it again: Coldplay can do anything (rock, pop, alternative, electronic, synth, dance, blackmetal) THEY CAN DOING ANYTHING so long as the PRODUCTION IS GOOD! We already know Chris and the gang can write a brilliantly catchy, fun, beautiful piece of music no matter the era. what matters is how that music comes across once it is produced!!

ASFOS could have been a masterpiece if that style of production wasn't chosen (they would have been forced to make it more dynamic, but the skeleton of the song is there!)

So I actually look forward to something dancy, if the reports are true. I love music that makes me want to dance and it can come from virtually any genre. I look forward to seeing Coldplay explore that side so long as the production IS GOOD!!!

^ That's right, Coldplay are very versatile. Genres they have explored in at least one song include:

Rock

Art Rock

Alternative

Pop

Brit-pop

Baroque pop

R&B

Latin

Electronic

EDM

Ambient

Shoegaze

Country

Classical

Anyways, I want A Head Full of Dreams to be a step into something new without forgetting the previous albums. I want something from every era plus a new twist to their sound. It's fine by me if the record is bright and upbeat like MX, even electronic, as long as the production is as good as LP1-4. Please Coldplay, no tracks like DLIBYH, where the core of the song is there but the production prevents it from reaching its full potential.

I have a feeling that the album is going to be very much in the style of the phrase chris martin used to describe ASFOS. "Emotional Dance Music." It seems quite popular to be dismissive of the production style of Avicci, but I personally really enjoy the aesthetics of ASFOS, even the gimmicky reverse reverb intro and the phase-y broad band EQ sweeps across the piano. I thought for a long time that Coldplay would never use "presets" in their studio work, but as I discovered while exploring Alchemy, they aren't above it and i think they're use of canned sounds has been weaved into their work beautifully. I'm fine with an EDM inspired album, because the production style is just how a song is dressed up. And the songs themselves are more important in my humble opinion. And coldplay's success has far more to do with the glorious display of virtuosic song writing than it does with production styles. The production hasn't been similar between any two albums thus far. Except for the band's attention to perfection and detail in their playing and singing.

^ That's right, Coldplay are very versatile. Genres they have explored in at least one song include:

Rock

Art Rock

Alternative

Pop

Brit-pop

Baroque pop

R&B

Latin

Electronic

EDM

Ambient

Shoegaze

Country

Classical

Anyways, I want A Head Full of Dreams to be a step into something new without forgetting the previous albums. I want something from every era plus a new twist to their sound. It's fine by me if the record is bright and upbeat like MX, even electronic, as long as the production is as good as LP1-4. Please Coldplay, no tracks like DLIBYH, where the core of the song is there but the production prevents it from reaching its full potential.

When did they attempt a country-themed song? I'm curious.

• 3 weeks later...

Id love to hear more experimental sounds from the band e.g. Viva and Mylo

As much as I love A Sky Full of Stars I think a song like that should be released as a stand alone song e.g. Christmas Lights that should NEVER have been apart of a Coldplay album. Or maybe if it featured on an Avicii album and was featured with Coldplay. But I'm sure there will be a track on A Head Full of Dreams that will turn heads of fans and everyday listeners.

I really want them to create something like their first 4 albums, especially Parachutes and Viva La Vida. I really, really want them to get away from the terrible pop inspired music that they are moving towards. Ive never disliked a Coldplay song until I heard A Sky Full of Stars as it had such a non-Coldplay sound to it.

I am too much of a pessimist to hope for something other than a pop album, but I hope that there will be at least 1 song on the album I absolutely love. Even on Ghost Stories, their worst album in my opinion, that happened (Ghost Story), so I'm confident there will be at least 1 great song on it.

Yeah I found Ghost Stories to be the worst, and Mylo Xyloto to be the second worst, and I can say that for good. The first 4 albums were all great in their own way, and no one album was completely better than another in every aspect. But when it comes to MX and GS, they are pretty much not so good.

I think I read somewhere that Coldplay would be incorporating horns into their next album, which I think is an amazing next step. I like Of Monsters and Men a lot, and their use of horns is so tasteful and well done. If Coldplay can get it right, it very well could be amazing.

Davide rossi will be adding horns and his usual violins into the new album. He confirmed on his Instagram account a while back. [emoji3]