I ran away

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Color Spectrum

Mylo Xyloto vs A Hopeful Transmission

EDIT: By the way I completely agree. It looks really nice and works although that is an incredibly lazy thing to do by such an innovative band who have made all kinds of different themes for the album as a whole and actually applied them to the single cover artwork. Here all they did was put the bottom left corner and call it good. Even in Ghost Stories they did that. They took the dark, cool theme of GS and applied it to the single cover artwork, like with the bird for Magic or the artwork for A Sky Full Of Stars perhaps representing the name of the song. Again it's just such a lazy thing to do by the band who's came up with the most innovative ideas before IMO like the codes for X&Y and the scanner thing for AROBTTH, and actually applying them. I bet if they made AROBTTH today and released it they'd take parts of the album cover itself and use it as single covers :lol:

• Like 1

^^haha yeah!

Mylo Xyloto (that's my favorite instrumental track by Coldplay)

Brothers and Sisters EP vs Blue Room EP

Edit: Also, I have a feeling that the single artworks might just be the kaleidoscope designs that correspond to each song, but I'm really hoping that's not the case

^ My choice would be Mylo Xyloto as well, it's just so beautiful and a great way to open this wonderful album. I'm not sure if it's my favorite I'd have to listen to the other instrumental tracks but if we're talking interludes this is definetely my favorite.

This is such a difficult decision.... I'll say The Blue Room EP for now although that's a very rushed decision and is bound to change :D

Talk album versiion vs Talk alt version