✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What's the best time to listen to...?

Guest diogo_sg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest diogo_sg
I think Fun is a song best listened to when the dusk begins to fall.

To be honest, I think Fun would be awesome to listen to on a beach or in a meadow at dawn. But yeah, it's a great track to listen to at night as well [emoji5]

Oh yes, it's that for me, too. I associate a kind of golden, melancholic light with it.

For me, the association is more flying over a stormy ocean at night, with the sea raging but a little bit of red light of the dying sun shining through in the background. I guess the lines "An ocean awaits...the parting of ways (which I initially thought to be the parting of waves)...lightning strikes...two forces collide"

Oh damn this thread is giving me the feels already :wacko:

Alright so I have several songs/stories to tell, here it goes:

My father is a biker, so when I was younger I used to ride with him on the backseat of his Honda Shadow and just enjoyed chilling behind him and taking in the landscape. During that time I was intensely listening to Coldplay's earlier songs, especially High Speed, We Never Change, and Don't Panic.

So I remember a certain part of the motorbike tour where we rode over a quite long and straight road, with a forest on the left and a river on the right side. The sun was shining and the wind was warm, and I just had the smell of the woods and the motorbike and the leather wear of my father in my nose, and all of the sudden We Never Change started playing in my head. It was like my head turned into a freaking radio lol. Anyways, I quietly started humming the song along and it was so perfect with all impressions of a warm summer ride around me :wacky:

Now I have my own bike and sometimes, when my rides take a little longer than usual, I put headphones in and listen to music.

One time though I was on my way back home, and it was really late (like 2AM or something) and the streets and the autobahn were rather deserted, so I put on Midnight and oh my God

with the city lights at night, the red backlights of the occasional cars around, the illuminated windows of the night persons that were still up, it was so good. Not to mention the slight dream-factor the whole experience gets when you're comfortably sitting in your warm lined motorbike gear, your body basically surrounded by a warm cuddly cloud while you're riding on the motorway and the helmet just letting in a little bit of the cold night chill.

When Jon Hopkins released his Midnight remix I was in heaven though. That song is practially MADE for night rides.

Stop it just stop it! LOL I swear reading your lovely, detailed and well-written post I was right there on that motorbike as well...og god you made me miss a motorbike so much right now, damn you haha Great memories for you :)

One day...one day....Harley Davidson here I will come :)

• Like 1

I must say, what a lovely thread! Only here with Coldplayers can one find such amazing descriptions of special moments connected to a specific song. its just a delight to read, keep them coming :)

Reading the thread description though, its unclear to me if we are supposed to explain an association to a song and a time of day, or just a song and a specific time/setting/circumstance in which we most like listening to it?

Ill list two off the top of my head, one for each :)

Another´s Arms is almost exclusively a therapeutic song for me. Whenever I miss her and it hurts just a bit too much I put it on and the music/lyrics seem to help carry the pain. It usually results in a cathartic effect and after a while I feel better. Sadly (or maybe its a good thing) this song I almost exclusively listen to it during these moments. When the longing is there but its not full blown painful I put on Always in My head.

As for time of day, thats a bit more tricky...the only song that comes to mind now is Adventure of a Lifetime, I have noticed I listen to it and enjoy the most early in the morning when I get out of the house and start the day. It gives me just the right kick and sets the right mood :) Another one morning-associated is A head full of dreams for the same reason.

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg
I must say, what a lovely thread! Only here with Coldplayers can one find such amazing descriptions of special moments connected to a specific song. its just a delight to read, keep them coming :)

Reading the thread description though, its unclear to me if we are supposed to explain an association to a song and a time of day, or just a song and a specific time/setting/circumstance in which we most like listening to it?

Ill list two off the top of my head, one for each :)

Another´s Arms is almost exclusively a therapeutic song for me. Whenever I miss her and it hurts just a bit too much I put it on and the music/lyrics seem to help carry the pain. It usually results in a cathartic effect and after a while I feel better. Sadly (or maybe its a good thing) this song I almost exclusively listen to it during these moments. When the longing is there but its not full blown painful I put on Always in My head.

As for time of day, thats a bit more tricky...the only song that comes to mind now is Adventure of a Lifetime, I have noticed I listen to it and enjoy the most early in the morning when I get out of the house and start the day. It gives me just the right kick and sets the right mood :) Another one morning-associated is A head full of dreams for the same reason.

Thank you so much! That's very appreciated [emoji4]

You can post whatever you want. It can be a song that you like to listen to on a particular time of the day, or a special moment you had while listening to a certain song... Anything! Just have fun [emoji6]

Oh yes, it's that for me, too. I associate a kind of golden, melancholic light with it.

For me, the association is more flying over a stormy ocean at night, with the sea raging but a little bit of red light of the dying sun shining through in the background. I guess the lines "An ocean awaits...the parting of ways (which I initially thought to be the parting of waves)...lightning strikes...two forces collide"

For me, especially at the beginning, the association is sort of a purple melancholic light at the beginning especially, but this continues on throughout the song. Most Tove Lo songs I have that associated with them. Around 1 or 2 when the sun is high in the sky is when I find it best to listen to. (Although that's just what I think at the moment, I haven't had a day where the sun was high in the sky since the album came out (obviously) so I'll just have to wait and see :P)

Stop it just stop it! LOL I swear reading your lovely, detailed and well-written post I was right there on that motorbike as well...og god you made me miss a motorbike so much right now, damn you haha Great memories for you :)

One day...one day....Harley Davidson here I will come :)

HAHA I'm glad I could evoke some emotions in you, it's nice and kinda surprising how many bikers are in this forum, damn! :o

A Harley, niiice! That reminds me of the coolest biker I've ever seen on one of my rides. He looked like freaking Dumbledore with the beard and everything, riding a Harely Davidson, and he gave me the peace sign when I passed him LMAO.

HAHA I'm glad I could evoke some emotions in you, it's nice and kinda surprising how many bikers are in this forum, damn! :o

I was surprised by your post too! haha I was like yay another biker fan :) I always always wanted a bike...Im so not a car person though I owned one but not anymore. This is the HD Im gonna buy as soon as Im ready to settle down hehe

I wanna get something along these lines...HD Softail Heritage. I like the classic retro look :) Whats your gear? :D

$_1.JPG

I was surprised by your post too! haha I was like yay another biker fan :) I always always wanted a bike...Im so not a car person though I owned one but not anymore. This is the HD Im gonna buy as soon as Im ready to settle down hehe

I wanna get something along these lines...HD Softail Heritage. I like the classic retro look :) Whats your gear? :D

$_1.JPG

I hate driving cars, too :laugh3: It's such an unnatural feeling having this big cage of metal around you while moving at high speeds, I rather sit on it and have full control lol.

That's a really nice model! But you really have to spend a LOT of time to keep that chrome shining haha.

I own a Suzuki Bandit 600 s

bandit-seite.jpg

No chrome at all and mine's always muddy ahahah. But it's nice and very comfortable to ride!

I hate driving cars, too :laugh3: It's such an unnatural feeling having this big cage of metal around you while moving at high speeds, I rather sit on it ans have full control lol.

That's a really nice model! But you really have to spend a LOT of time to keep that chrome shining haha.

I own a Suzuki Bandit 600 s

No chrome at all and mine's always muddy ahahah. But it's nice and very comfortable to ride!

Yes exactly driving cars feel unnatural to me for the exact same reason! I feel caged and just even silly just sitting there LOL I also need to feel air round me.

Your ride looks nice too! It must be lighter than a full chrome HD too. :) But no I need the chrome, I just loathe the plastic haha I need to feel that cool metal when I touch it and it has to SHINE haha And dont worry it..I won't mind polishing it religiously as I do with my Doc Martens boots *LOL*

• 3 weeks later...

Prospekt's March/Poppyfields - perfect for mornings. It has such a dreamy feel to it and this certain image I associate with it that makes it feel like such a morning song.... definetely reminiscent of Coldplay's early days in that it's so warm, moist, and calm all at the same time. So sweet.