✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What's the best time to listen to...?

Guest diogo_sg

I remembered one time I was sleeping at the beach, waiting for my time to get to work. It was at 4.30pm and I arrived 1.5 hours early :laugh3: but it was Summer so I decided to go to the seafront and had a quick nap there.

I always bring my iPod everywhere I go. So by the time I get to sleep, my iPod shuffles Midnight and Warning Sign. And by the time I wake up, ASFOS is playing. I look up at the sky, so bright yet it is starting to sunset. The happy and accomplished feelings are just right there. I look at families and friends playing pebbles, mingling with each other, barbequeing (Yeah, the beach doesn't have sands but pebbles lol). It's like I'm seeing people are having the best time ever and ASFOS really gives that feels into it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest diogo_sg

@Batman, my dad owns a motorbike and when I ride with him I love humming Coldplay songs. Maybe in the future I'll get one for myself.

Thanks so much for the kind feedback to this thread. I'm happy to know you people like it [emoji6]

@Batman, my dad owns a motorbike and when I ride with him I love humming Coldplay songs. Maybe in the future I'll get one for myself.
Haha great! There is just something magical about Coldplay songs and motorbikes :dazzled:

Thanks so much for the kind feedback to this thread. I'm happy to know you people like it

Thank you so much for making it! The idea is great and this thread invokes a lot of nice memories in people! :cheesy:

In the place where I live even though it's very cold, it's very rare to have snowy days. So one day my family decided to go to a mountain that has some snow covering it to spend the last days of Christmas holidays. We really enjoyed the trip. We played with the snow and I even made a small snowman. I felt I was on top of the world as we try to walk on the snow. When we were leaving the mountain I remembered the lyrics of Violet Hill "It was a long and dark December, From the rooftops I remember, There was snow, white snow" and at the same time it came to my mind the last part of the video where Chris is walking on the snow and his feet sinking into the snow. Since that moment Violet Hill is the perfect song to listen to when I want to remember great memories.

Guest diogo_sg

Cemeteries Of London

Great driving song. If you're driving at the countryside before the sun breaks in the morning, this is the perfect song for you to have playing in your car. Trust me.

Cemeteries Of London

Great driving song. If you're driving at the countryside before the sun breaks in the morning, this is the perfect song for you to have playing in your car. Trust me.

Then again, pretty much every Coldplay song is a good driving song ;)

This morning's sunrise there was a beautiful golden/orange sky.

O was playing on my car radio and suddenly a big flock of birds flew by.

In perfect harmony with the lyrics.

Such a magical moment.

Hold up... the actual radio played O? Or did you have your phone plugged in or whatever?

Hold up... the actual radio played O? Or did you have your phone plugged in or whatever?

Lol, that would even be more magical! :-)

No, I have this usb stick with almost all Coldplay songs on it plugged in at my radiosystem in the car.

It's on shuffle all the time so I do get a mix of songs played.

That time O was on.

I often skip numbers too if I'm not in the mood for them. But O was just perfect yesterday morning. :-)

Lol, that would even be more magical! :-)

No, I have this usb stick with almost all Coldplay songs on it plugged in at my radiosystem in the car.

It's on shuffle all the time so I do get a mix of songs played.

That time O was on.

I often skip numbers too if I'm not in the mood for them. But O was just perfect yesterday morning. :-)

Lol okay that makes more sense. I do the same thing too xD

Square One

When you're about to go on holiday, listen to this very early morning. The spacey morning atmosphere and the lines 'You're in control is there anywhere you wanna go' when you're getting to your holiday destination...late night and loads of car lights or airport lights...so cool. The flickering lights sometimes feel like the countdown from the TL tour as they feel like they're in sync with the music:DSo cool.

Then stick on Always In My Head in a dreamy morning...YAAAAAAS:heart:

Square One

When you're about to go on holiday, listen to this very early morning. The spacey morning atmosphere and the lines 'You're in control is there anywhere you wanna go' when you're getting to your holiday destination...late night and loads of car lights or airport lights...so cool. The flickering lights sometimes feel like the countdown from the TL tour as they feel like they're in sync with the music:DSo cool.

Then stick on Always In My Head in a dreamy morning...YAAAAAAS:heart:

I can imagine it already.. I'll try it next time :D

BTW, on an unrelated note, do you want to start up the October edition of that song contest or whatever? :D Make sure to go back to that one old thread because I have 1 request that could make the game a lot more exciting. :D

Life in Technicolor ii is a great morning song...

I could imagine that... :D

BTW, on an unrelated note, do you want to start up the October edition of that song contest or whatever? :D Make sure to go back to that one old thread because I have 1 request that could make the game a lot more exciting. :D

Oh hell yes! Cp I'll make the thread when you're ready:D

Guest diogo_sg

I could imagine that... :D

Oh hell yes! Cp I'll make the thread when you're ready:D

What contest? :curious:

What contest? :curious:

Yes! Someone's curious!

[thread=104897]Here's the game we're talking about.[/thread]

There are quite a lot of songs on the list. You earn 12 points to the song you like the best, 10 points to the song you like second best, and 8 points to the song you like third best. You can post more than once, unlike the first version of this contest (I was the one who proposed this rule change :D) but you have to wait until 6 people have voted before you can vote again.

Go see it for yourself, it's a pretty cool game :D

Oceans.

I've finally found a very fitting time to listen to Oceans sometime other than during the night.

If you've been on the "Amazing Day" thread anytime recently you know that I've been trying to find the part where Chris whispers "Oceans", making Oceans a song where the title is in fact the lyrics. I've found it somewhat, it's somewhere around 2:55 in the song but I can only hear it in the live version, it's very difficult to hear it in the studio version. Anyways, I looked out my window after it was raining a bit and it was gorgeous. You could see the rain clouds to the north which looked quite dark and the sun was shining through the light clouds to the south. (There wasn't any actual clear sky for the sunshine to actually shine through, but the sunshine was passing through the clouds, but darker). It was in the morning also, with kind of a morning feel to everything, it was beautiful. I can't really describe it with words, you'd have to see it for yourself. I decided that'd be a perfect time to listen to Oceans, so I got my phone and went right ahead by my bedroom window... and it was magical. Coldplay never ceases to amaze me as to how they keep pulling these moments off... it felt just right and it was very nice, and again you'd have to try it for yourself because there are no words to describe it. In fact I'd say that was better than listening to Oceans at night, which is crazy since most GS songs are best for listening at night... guess Oceans is best to listen to in the morning after it just sprinkled, and the sun is shining through just a bit. What an amazing experience, really you'd have to try it yourself to know what it's like.

I can't believe I found a better time to listen to a GS song than at night. :D