✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What's the best time to listen to...?

Guest diogo_sg

Guest diogo_sg

This is a discussion that started in the Amazing Day thread.

You name an album and/or a song and say when do you like to listen to it the most. There aren't rules. Just have fun.

I'll start:

The Escapist

Last July, I spent a week in Porto Santo (Portuguese island). While I was there, I downloaded all Coldplay songs available on Spotify, so that I could listen to them on the plane. And when I was flying back to Lisbon, Death And All His Friends started playing. Outside the plane was all darkness (it was almost midnight) and it was very cloudy. But then, at one point, I started seeing some lights down below. Those lights were coming from Lisbon, but all I could see was golden clouds. I'm not kidding. It was like floating over a river of gold. The Escapist started playing there and I couldn't take my eyes of the window. It was my best Coldplay moment til date.

So, for me, The Escapist should be listened to in cloudy nights.

Your turn!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had kind of the same experience Diogo! [emoji2]

It was in July this year when I was coming back to my home after giving my last exam! It was tiring to keep on studying the same thing again and again. So my exam was at Ahmedabad and I had to fly back to another city where I stay. That day it started raining miraculously and I love rain. Ahmedabad is a place where it doesnt rain mostly, lol. It's like California. So i was sweetly surprised by it. I was sitting in my flight and I could see the raindrops hitting the window while it was moving on to the runway. And that exact moment I had 'O' playing on my phone and it just, it kind of flared the emotions inside me. The line 'Maybe one day I will fly next to you'. That feeling when college isn't too far away, that I am finally done and I can finally rest my heavy and worried soul. The part in the end where Apple had lent her voice, it is just magical. That moment was actually very overwhelming for me and couldn't stop my tears from flowing down haha.

This would hands down be one of my most favourite Coldplay moment. [emoji18]

Guest diogo_sg

A Coldplayer who hasn't yet listened to Oceans, O, Parachutes, Spies and Sparks in rainy days didn't do his/her homework properly.

What about Midnight... at night? [emoji4]

Guest diogo_sg
??

A Coldplayer who hasn't listened to those songs in rainy days didn't do his/her homework.

PS: Sorry for my English. I might not be too bad, but I still have some troubles.

Always In My Head

The best time to listen to this song for me is on a rainy night. You know, when it's raining outside and it's dark and cold, yet the sound of the dropping, crystalline water is quite pleasent. I think it's wonderful how something so simple and monotonous can turn into an expressive landscape. I believe that's the beauty of music; it transcends life and it makes it much more beautiful than it already is. Maybe because you get to see it with other eyes and taste life the way you should always do.

Hurts Like Heaven- it's the perfect driving song! Particularly when you're in free-flowing traffic and just up-shifting a gear or just opening up to a freeway at the start of an exciting journey heading off somewhere eg a holiday... The exhilaration I feel from the guys singing and Jonny's guitar is so freeing, always lifts my mood :dance:

When I want to celebrate something or I'm so happy I listen to Viva La Vida, Every Teardrop is a Waterfall and A Sky Full of Stars.

Also, I remember one time when I was upset for different things that happened to me during the day that I decided to listen to some music. When Midnight started to sound it helped me to calm down and continue my activities.

Guest diogo_sg
When I want to celebrate something or I'm so happy I listen to Viva La Vida, Every Teardrop is a Waterfall and A Sky Full of Stars.

Also, I remember one time when I was upset for different things that happened to me during the day that I decided to listen to some music. When Midnight started to sound it helped me to calm down and continue my activities.

Those songs are great to improve our mood. Hurts Like Heaven is a good choice as well.

Well i love listening Midnight before going to bed.. I go in living room smoking the last cigarette of the day, with the smoke going up in front of me listening Midnight on the darkness..

Others song i usually listen in specific moments are the down-tempo ones during rainy days in front of the window of my bedroom.. And these song are particulary Spies, We never change, trouble, swallowed in the sea, o, us against the world, reign of love and See you Soon..

Then I really like listening all the Viva album when i going to university lessons by train.

Instead, when i go to university for an exam, i listen Moving To Mars the 5 minutes before going out from the train, cause the first time I did this, I did a very good exam and so everytime I have an exam I do this little ploy. Ahah hope you understood well, my english is still not so good..

Hurts Like Heaven- it's the perfect driving song! Particularly when you're in free-flowing traffic and just up-shifting a gear or just opening up to a freeway at the start of an exciting journey heading off somewhere eg a holiday... The exhilaration I feel from the guys singing and Jonny's guitar is so freeing, always lifts my mood

HURTS LIKE HEAVEN!! GREAT DRIVING SONG!

So my perfect memory for this song was in Novemeber 2011. I was just settling into the album and went out on a date with this girl I really liked at the time. I nervously asked her out (to be my girlfriend) and she said yes with great enthusiasm! As I peeled away in my car the sun was just setting over the brightly colored autumn leaves and I was ecstatic! I floored it and turned up MX/Hurts Like Heaven!!! Been dating her ever since and still one of my favourite Coldplay songs!

• Like 1

Christmas Lights

You'll never believe this, but it was actually snowing this past Sunday. It was depressing but beautiful at the same time seeing the snow fall frim the window. So I put Christmas Lights on and looked out the window to see pretty big snowflakes (they didn't actually look like snowflakes just a decently sized white dot) and it was one of the most magical moments I've had while listening to Coldplay. I made it work even though it wasn't even close to Christmas yet. It was snowing though! (Snow in September? Give me a break. At least I made the best of it :P)

Oh damn this thread is giving me the feels already :wacko:

Alright so I have several songs/stories to tell, here it goes:

My father is a biker, so when I was younger I used to ride with him on the backseat of his Honda Shadow and just enjoyed chilling behind him and taking in the landscape. During that time I was intensely listening to Coldplay's earlier songs, especially High Speed, We Never Change, and Don't Panic.

So I remember a certain part of the motorbike tour where we rode over a quite long and straight road, with a forest on the left and a river on the right side. The sun was shining and the wind was warm, and I just had the smell of the woods and the motorbike and the leather wear of my father in my nose, and all of the sudden We Never Change started playing in my head. It was like my head turned into a freaking radio lol. Anyways, I quietly started humming the song along and it was so perfect with all impressions of a warm summer ride around me :wacky:

Now I have my own bike and sometimes, when my rides take a little longer than usual, I put headphones in and listen to music.

One time though I was on my way back home, and it was really late (like 2AM or something) and the streets and the autobahn were rather deserted, so I put on Midnight and oh my God

with the city lights at night, the red backlights of the occasional cars around, the illuminated windows of the night persons that were still up, it was so good. Not to mention the slight dream-factor the whole experience gets when you're comfortably sitting in your warm lined motorbike gear, your body basically surrounded by a warm cuddly cloud while you're riding on the motorway and the helmet just letting in a little bit of the cold night chill.

When Jon Hopkins released his Midnight remix I was in heaven though. That song is practially MADE for night rides.

Oh damn this thread is giving me the feels already :wacko:

Alright so I have several songs/stories to tell, here it goes:

My father is a biker, so when I was younger I used to ride with him on the backseat of his Honda Shadow and just enjoyed chilling behind him and taking in the landscape. During that time I was intensely listening to Coldplay's earlier songs, especially High Speed, We Never Change, and Don't Panic.

So I remember a certain part of the motorbike tour where we rode over a quite long and straight road, with a forest on the left and a river on the right side. The sun was shining and the wind was warm, and I just had the smell of the woods and the motorbike and the leather wear of my father in my nose, and all of the sudden We Never Change started playing in my head. It was like my head turned into a freaking radio lol. Anyways, I quietly started humming the song along and it was so perfect with all impressions of a warm summer ride around me :wacky:

Now I have my own bike and sometimes, when my rides take a little longer than usual, I put headphones in and listen to music.

One time though I was on my way back home, and it was really late (like 2AM or something) and the streets and the autobahn were rather deserted, so I put on Midnight and oh my God

with the city lights at night, the red backlights of the occasional cars around, the illuminated windows of the night persons that were still up, it was so good. Not to mention the slight dream-factor the whole experience gets when you're comfortably sitting in your warm lined motorbike gear, your body basically surrounded by a warm cuddly cloud while you're riding on the motorway and the helmet just letting in a little bit of the cold night chill.

When Jon Hopkins released his Midnight remix I was in heaven though. That song is practially MADE for night rides.

This post is seriously making me want to go for a ride on a motorbike right now and then listen to some Coldplay. xD

Well I'm glad I could evoke some emotions :awesome:

Do you have a bike?

Unfortunately, no. I really wish I did though. From the looks of things it's way better than I would have ever imagined... I need to try it someday!

Unfortunately, no. I really wish I did though. From the looks of things it's way better than I would have ever imagined... I need to try it someday!

It brings great joy! Especially if you have nice roads! Seeing you're from Canada I can imagine there are some very nice roads through nature where you live. Maybe you can rent a bike for a few days and try it out (if there's some bike renting shop in your place)?

It brings great joy! Especially if you have nice roads! Seeing you're from Canada I can imagine there are some very nice roads through nature where you live. Maybe you can rent a bike for a few days and try it out (if there's some bike renting shop in your place)?

You totally bet that there's a lot of great roads through where I live. I love travelling through the Rockies (live just right above the foothills there) and it's so beautiful (there's some Coldplay songs that time and time again have created multiple unforgettable moments through there) and I can't imagine how much the joy would be multiplied with a bike.

I'm seriously considering renting one now!