✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-07-03] Friends Arena, Stockholm, Sweden

stephen

I'm old. Instead of starting to queue in the morning like fellow hardcore fans, I sat in the courtyard of the Royal Palace and ate a cinnamon roll. Yes, indeed.

I was in Golden Circle and unfortunately, the crowd around me was a bit lame.

I'm going to the concert in Cph tomorrow, and now im so happy about finding out there was a golden circle! Hopefully there will be tomorrow as well. Did you need a special ticket for entering, or was the golden circle open for everyone (that is, those who know of it and find the entrance :sneaky:)?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to the concert in Cph tomorrow, and now im so happy about finding out there was a golden circle! Hopefully there will be tomorrow as well. Did you need a special ticket for entering, or was the golden circle open for everyone (that is, those who know of it and find the entrance :sneaky:)?

These were special tickets in Stockholm (or also in some other cities, sometimes called FOS). They cost a little more than the regular standing ticket. As far as I know there were no Golden Circle/FOS tickets sold for Copenhagen and the stadium chart didn't indicate separated areas.

These were special tickets in Stockholm (or also in some other cities, sometimes called FOS). They cost a little more than the regular standing ticket. As far as I know there were no Golden Circle/FOS tickets sold for Copenhagen and the stadium chart didn't indicate separated areas.

Thanks! I've been to several concerts before where the gates to golden circle are open for general admission tickets as well, after the area has been filled with the ones holding the tickets you are talking about. I guess I should have mentioned that in my first post. What I was wondering about, was whether this was done yesterday. :bow:

Thanks! I've been to several concerts before where the gates to golden circle are open for general admission tickets as well, after the area has been filled with the ones holding the tickets you are talking about. I guess I should have mentioned that in my first post. What I was wondering about, was whether this was done yesterday. :bow:

No, it was just ticket holders.

Guys, im a little bummed out... So i just got home from sweden with one of my friends whos also a huge coldplay fan. The reason for our trip was to see the show. My first time seeing them after a long time of being a fan.

I thought it was just mindblowing when it happened. Something ive never seen before. Oddly enough now, it kind of irks me that the two of us had standing. Were not that tall, and i hadnt thought that through. We moved around a lot for a better view but there was still a lot of songs where i couldnt even get a glimpse of the guys. We tried to get on some barricades on the floor too but they were packed with people.

Im making it sound worse than it was because we had the best view of the xylobands from the middle of the whole stadium and we saw the screens and backdrop all the time and i should focus on the positives. I think im just unconciously sad that its over, and my expectations after so many years were high, but exceeded. It was the best live experience of my life and ive seen many.

I dont get myself after 2 days of being in euphoria and now wishing i had a seat up or something. I sound like a spoiled kid because i was so so lucky to have experienced this. God let me go again. I just needed to let some steam out here, and i already feel better. It was unbelievable.

• Like 6

Sounds like post-concert depression. Been there.

Exactly. After my first Coldplay concert I cried for two days straight, even though it was the most awesome thing ever. Thought I'd never see them again. Little did I know... :D

• Like 4

[ATTACH=full]5044[/ATTACH] could not agree more. The four of us traveled from Finland once again to see the band...and once again, the show was incredible...and once again, after getting back home, the empty feeling....and...the stupid grin on my face for being able to live that incredible moment, once again :)

just wishing that the band would finally come to perform in Finland...maybe next year ;)

• Like 5

[ATTACH=full]5044[/ATTACH] could not agree more. The four of us traveled from Finland once again to see the band...and once again, the show was incredible...and once again, after getting back home, the empty feeling....and...the stupid grin on my face for being able to live that incredible moment, once again :)

just wishing that the band would finally come to perform in Finland...maybe next year ;)

Were finnish too actually, terve!

The biggest pet peeve for me was the standing but theres pros and cons to every seat/spot i believe and i DID get a good view of everything at some points so on paper, i should be completely satisfied.

Fingers crossed for a quick run down to another tour, thinking about seeing more shows than one

• Like 2

Sorry that it took a while to post this, but had to travel back to Finland. (Sorry for such a long text with bad English, pics included):cheesy:

So, as I said before, I travelled from Finland just to see Coldplay. This was my first time to see them live, though I've been a fan of theirs many years. The day started very early, when my boat arrived to Sweden about 6.30 am. I slept only a couple of hours; the moment I had been waiting for years, seeing Coldplay live, was going to happen soon. First, I wanted to see if I could find the band somewhere, because who would not like to meet them? So I walked around the city and went to Grand Hotel. There came a few other guys and girls to wait outside the hotel a bit later to look for Coldplay (and some of them were looking for Deep Purple as well). We kept waiting and looking around, but nothing. I left at around 10.30 am to go to my hotel, and I fortunately got the room earlier than I should have, so I could start to queue earlier! Oh, and btw, when I bought my tickets back in November, I managed to get only a seated ticket, but I bought myself a golden circle ticket; that did cost more than I would have wanted to, but I have had so much going on my life, so I thought I deserved it, and I had waited this moment so long. And I'm happy I did.

A little after 2 pm, I was at Friends Arena, bought two shirts at the merch, and then the waiting started. So much waiting. Luckily the weather was really nice. Also other fans who queued came to talk, which isn't very common to talk to strangers here in Finland. That queuing and waiting was quite a mess though. We had to form "snakes" in the queue before/after different security checks. We got inside the venue about an hour later than supposed. Also, we were supposed to be allowed to take little bit of food and something to drink inside the venue, but some security guys/girls didn't agree...The security guys were quite angry and they just kept yelling to excited fans during the ticket check :D Finally, after all the security checks and all the waiting, we were finally in! That arena was huge; the biggest concert I had been to before, had 15000 people, but now it was around 65000 capacity arena! Obviously, when we got in, the VIP-ticket holders were already inside and they had taken the front rows pretty much. But I did manage to get a lot better place than I thought.

The supporting acts were actually really great: Alessia Cara and Birdy. After they finished, it was about time!!! The moment I had waited for years, was only half an hour away! The venue was quite hot imo, and I though I was going to pass out due to not drinking enough, but the security guys/girls were kind enough and kept bringing water to fans. The crowd was starting to get excited. Waves, Viva chants, huge applauses etc.

Then the Maria Callas song started. And fans from all over the world greeting and presenting CP on videos. Charlie Chaplin speach started and we could see the boys coming to stage. Drums come in and AHFOD started; the crowd went crazy. What a perfect way to start the show. Jumping, singing, beautiful xylobands in a dark arena and all that confetti was so amazing. Listening to their music, watching pictures and videos for so long, but now finally 'they were real people' performing in front of my eyes. And it kept getting better; my xyloband didn't work during AHFOD, but then it was all Yellow! It started working during the 2nd song. Yellow was the song that got me into Coldplay. :D

(I will not include every song below, just some highlights. They were all great)

The show kept going, and soon it was time for Birds. It was the first song I wanted to listen when I got the album on the release date. I immediately fell in love with that song and it became my most favourite Coldplay song ever. The smile on my face just kept getting wider as the show goes on. Paradise remix was awesome, and we heard acoustic version of Everglow. When GB, WC and JB came back to A-stage, Mr Buckland put his thumb up and they all smiled to the crowd.

More and more great songs kept coming. Fix you is such a beautiful live song, Viva gets all of the crowd singing together. And the C-stage? Wow. In My Place (2nd favourite song of mine), Don't Panic w/ Mr Buckland singing and Chris didn't stop the song as he usually does. Nice performance. Amazing Day was such a great live song with a huge choir. Soon it was time for Up&Up. It was a really happy moment, but also a bit sad. The show would be over. "Believe in love". A powerful message. Coldplay came to bow, and they said goodbye to us. It was over. As you might guess, the xyloband didn't go to recycling :escaping2:

What I also loved about Coldplay live on stage other than their music, show and togetherness, was the boys themselves. They were happy. They love what they do.

People may say after every show: "the crowd so boring". Well, after the show I can say, it wasn't. That was the loudest and craziest crowd I have ever seen or heard. And the crowd was also the best to sing I have heard. When the show was over, I went to ask for a setlist (I didn't get one). I had a long way to hotel and I was so exhausted. Was this all worth all the waiting, traveling and such? OF COURSE! The gig exceeded all of my expectations. It was such an unforgetable, happy and amazing day ;) I'm a bit sad too, mostly due to the show being over, and waiting to see them live again. But still, I'm very happy.

Thank you for taking time to read this and sorry for such a messy text. :dance::clap:

Couple of pics below, taken with Sony rx100 and iphone SE

[ATTACH=full]5047[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]5048[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]5050[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]5052[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]5054[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]5056[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]5058[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]5059[/ATTACH]

• Like 8

Were finnish too actually, terve!

The biggest pet peeve for me was the standing but theres pros and cons to every seat/spot i believe and i DID get a good view of everything at some points so on paper, i should be completely satisfied.

Fingers crossed for a quick run down to another tour, thinking about seeing more shows than one

Another one from Finland here too, moikka!

We really would deserve a show here. Will actually sain in an interview this year they would like to visit Finland (and they have wanted to for a long time).

http://www.voice.fi/musiikki/coldplay-tulossa-keikalle-suomeen-ensi-vuonna-90477

• Like 1