✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2015-12-09] Coldplay at Le Grand Journal (Canal+, French TV)

Coeurli

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that was a long interview. wish we'd get a translation of at least the highlights at some point. and thanks jOr for recording!

it was quite confusing in most parts though. who was that guy? a comedian?

A few of the highlights for me were :

Chris excusing himself for not answering in French and then he explains in a few sentences in French why he isn't anwering in French. :D

The announcement that Coldplay is doing the Super Bowl with guests like Beyonce and Bruno Mars and according to Chris they will be singing Katy Perry songs.

• Like 1

this is a great review:

And I just wanted to share my Coldplay experience today because they always manage to amaze me, in new ways, every time I see them :) So I don't know if many of you watched Coldplay performing at Le Grand Journal, a French TV show today, but if you did and you don't speak French, you probably didn't understand much of what was going on. Well first of all, these TV experiences are always very special : apart from watching a very close performance, TV studios are so small that you get to see and feel a lot of the backstage experience. You can easily bump into Phil, Rik, Dan, Miller or even the band wandering around (sadly you have to leave your phone and cameras at the entrance so you can't take pics or do much stuff except saying hi). Today, the band was supposed to do an interview and play 2 tracks. The interview was first, it was much longer than expected and with the 4 of them, which were already cool surprises, but something very nice happened in front of our eyes: there was a comedian at some point, doing a little bit for the show. He told the band as a joke: "Guys, I need your help, I'm a comedian doing a small show in Paris in the next days, so if you could tweet about it to your 80 million followers that would be great". 5 minutes later, during a commercial break, Chris just asked him if instead of the tweet he wanted to come to their concert this evening, and do a bit of comedy, like 15 minutes, before the concert. Of course the comedian agreed, Chris went to find one of his assistants backstage and they set up the whole thing in just seconds. And sure enough, they actually went through with this. After that they performed Adventure of a Lifetime, Everglow, and then they were supposed to leave with all their gear for the evening concert, but the band suddenly decided to play another song. Someone from the TV crew went onstage to ask Chris what kind of song they were going to play, to set up the cameras nicely and stuff. Chris' answer, pointing at the crowd: "we're not doing this for TV, we're doing this for them". That's how they suddenly performed A Head Full Of Dreams, off air, but with the same energy. I just LOVE this band and the way days like this can be filled with little gems. It's been lovely to see them chat with everyone, Chris giving Love buttons to random people, and so on.

tl;dr : pleased by the crowd and although they were probably in a hurry the band decided to play an extra song to the small crowd, and they also invited a comedian they had never met to do a bit before their concert in the evening. Best band ever.

x

this is a great review:

x

Who wrote this ? :D

I was there and I confirm everything he said ! Probably the best day of my life, I was sited as if I was on the stage... Seeing Coldplay that close... I didn't even expected it in my dreams !

I'm really impressed by their kindness... LOVE THEM SO MUCH !

this is a great review:

x

Man, I love this band. And it's why i'm so very frustrated when ppl (Superbowl commenters, Youtube comment section, this very website sometimes) make the meanest comments ever towards them. These are among the nicest ppl I know either personally or even know about and they do not deserve the hate they get.

• Like 3