✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New European dates 2017?

Kamili

Travelling and hotels are so expensive for Dublin and Cardiff.

Seems like everyone is booking a hotel room on booking.com [emoji16]

Yeah, the downside is that it's not cheap anymore!

I'm not looking at hotels until I've actually got tickets. It's going to be a heck of a stress this time again so I'm trying not to worry about it.

Any ideas on ticket limits? I don't normally buy enough to reach limits but I might do this time.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree 100%...the tour programs for the past 2 tours have mentions that they would like to come to Finland...so, the band is more than welcome!!!!

...but...according to email from Live Nation Sweden:

Konserten blir det enda stoppet Coldplay gör i Norden på sin Europaturné.

-> Gothenburg concert is the only one in Northern Europe??

..sheesh...

About the early tickets:

I think I have read that those ticket holders get in first. Then the other GA ticket holders.

Oh no, that doesn't sound too good :( Any idea what early entry costs/cost last year ?

Germany definitely had Front-of-Stage Links (Jonny) and rechts (Guy) last year, I'm still hoping they will repeat this.

Oh no, that doesn't sound too good :( Any idea what early entry costs/cost last year ?

Germany definitely had Front-of-Stage Links (Jonny) and rechts (Guy) last year, I'm still hoping they will repeat this.

In Paris: 177,50€

in Brussels: 185€

It is about time that German Ticketmaster is announcing prices and seating/floor plan! [emoji52]

• Like 1

..sheesh...

I wouldn't worry too much - I reckon they either just don't know, or more likely they're just trying to promote it to get the most interest and guaranteed sales. It's the same as when you get 'one and only' dates that sell out in minutes only for a 'surprise' second and third night to be added.

• Like 3

In Paris: 177,50€

in Brussels: 185€

It is about time that German Ticketmaster is announcing prices and seating/floor plan! emoji52.png

Thanks for the info. But oh no, this really is very expensive :( I think I have to go with GA if there is no FOS, then.

Yes, I hope they will announce it beforehand and not only at 10 am tmr, because you can be faster

I'm a bit nervous anyway, I think the pressure will be higher than last year because last year we had the codes, so only people with codes could access the fan presale. This year everybody who signs up his email to Ticketmaster can apparently do this, so it's not limited to "fans" but to everyone who sees the extensive ads online. I think t

By the way, eventim.de (website similar to Ticketmaster) also has Coldplay tickets, starting at the same time as the general onsale. I'm just saying in case anyone who didn't get successful during the presale has trouble on Ticketmaster on Firday as well.

Thanks for the info. But oh no, this really is very expensive :( I think I have to go with GA if there is no FOS, then.

Yes, I hope they will announce it beforehand and not only at 10 am tmr, because you can be faster

I'm a bit nervous anyway, I think the pressure will be higher than last year because last year we had the codes, so only people with codes could access the fan presale. This year everybody who signs up his email to Ticketmaster can apparently do this, so it's not limited to "fans" but to everyone who sees the extensive ads online. I think t

By the way, eventim.de (website similar to Ticketmaster) also has Coldplay tickets, starting at the same time as the general onsale. I'm just saying in case anyone who didn't get successful during the presale has trouble on Ticketmaster on Firday as well.

Early access Frankfurt = 228€

About the early tickets:

I think I have read that those ticket holders get in first. Then the other GA ticket holders. There isn't a separation on the seating plan. In Brussels it was only on 1 side. If I remember well it was on Guy's side.

In Brussels you have A and B where A is Guy's.

More info on early entry: http://vipnation.eu/coldplay

Take this with a grain of salt as it is a different band and different country: They had the same kind of packages (VP Nation) for Muse on their last US tour, and they got in about 15 minute earlier than everyone else. There were never enough early entrants to take up the whole barrier, but they did take up a lot of spaces. It's a hard comparison because Muse had an "in the round" stage so twice the spots right at the main stage ... but there was a lot of space left over for normal GA ticket holders. So I would say maybe right in front of the main stage in the corners will fill up, but I can't imagine the whole walkway and B-stage would be taken. Of course it's hard to guess until a couple shows have gone by and others can report what happened.

I really want to do the Leipzig and Hanover shows because I've always wanted to go to Germany, and there's no way I can get the early entry because it's will-call only and no transfers ... i.e., too much money for me to lose if I end up not able to make the trip, and several months is too far to know!

..sheesh...

I'm swedish and from what I've read, it seems like they don't know any further information, they assume that these are all the tour dates.

Since they have mentioned Finland in interviews, do you think that would be possible? I hope they realse a couple of more tour dates in Europe soon. :)

• Like 3

More info on early entry: http://vipnation.eu/coldplay

Take this with a grain of salt as it is a different band and different country: They had the same kind of packages (VP Nation) for Muse on their last US tour, and they got in about 15 minute earlier than everyone else. There were never enough early entrants to take up the whole barrier, but they did take up a lot of spaces. It's a hard comparison because Muse had an "in the round" stage so twice the spots right at the main stage ... but there was a lot of space left over for normal GA ticket holders. So I would say maybe right in front of the main stage in the corners will fill up, but I can't imagine the whole walkway and B-stage would be taken. Of course it's hard to guess until a couple shows have gone by and others can report what happened.

I really want to do the Leipzig and Hanover shows because I've always wanted to go to Germany, and there's no way I can get the early entry because it's will-call only and no transfers ... i.e., too much money for me to lose if I end up not able to make the trip, and several months is too far to know!

I have the same experience from Muse's last tour, when I saw them in London. We got to the venue far back in the queue and still got front row, well not in the middle but still. :)

I have booked tickets for Leipzig, Hannover and Warszawa! :D The dates are so close and the cities are quite close so I decided to do this dream trip! :D Well I don't really have enough money but that's a later question, I have to save a lot this year, haha.

I didn't buy early entry, however it had been all to expensive and I really hope front row is still possible, since the catwalk is so long as you write. :)

• Like 2

Yes, when I saw Muse in Washington I got to the queue late afternoon and still got front row ... right next to my friends who had VIP actually! I think for Coldplay I would be happy along the catwalk or at the B stage; it's still much closer than the seats I had at US shows. :-)

I hope your trip works out, that sounds great! I was hoping to maybe do Vienna, Leipzig and Hanover. I held off on tickets for now but hopefully it will still be possible to plan it a bit later, if things go well at my job.

• Like 1

Hey guys, can you give me some advice on getting standing or seated tickets? I'm a student, so I'd say I have no problem standing/waiting long hours which I had done before. I've never been to coldplay concert and I wanna experience the most of it. This sounds like I should get standing tickets but I usually like to video a lot during concert. I've got great videos from standing area before when the crowds were not very packed. Can anyone tell me how crowded/crazy will the standing audience in coldplay concert usually be?

Hey guys, can you give me some advice on getting standing or seated tickets? I'm a student, so I'd say I have no problem standing/waiting long hours which I had done before. I've never been to coldplay concert and I wanna experience the most of it. This sounds like I should get standing tickets but I usually like to video a lot during concert. I've got great videos from standing area before when the crowds were not very packed. Can anyone tell me how crowded/crazy will the standing audience in coldplay concert usually be?

So cool you're going to your first Coldplay concert! :D I'm sure it will be an amazing night, with so much energy, love and togetherness!

I have seen them both seated and standing. I assume the seating experience is different depending on how good seats you have. The one I had was located high up at the back, so it wasn't really the same as standing, but it was still an amazing night. It's not the same energy but still a lot of it, and the crowd up there was standing a lot. Coldplay do a lot do entertain everyone and make everyone feel part of the show. Switching between different stages and the blinking wristbands are examples of that. :) So seating is never bad, but standing under the confetti so much closer, juping around with other fans is just wonderful!

There should not be any problem to film in the audience - people are jumping around and dancing, but not all the time nor everyone. But of course, you get another perspective of the venue from a seat higher up. There are always other nice Coldplayers you can chat with in the queue and maybe join inside if you are going without any companionship.

So I would say, seating tickets are never wrong, but if you are young and can do it, you just have to experience it from a standing position. I got the tip to stand at the circle-shaped B-stage, at the end of the catwalk, and thanks for that I got really close to them when they played at that stage. It's also lower than the A-stage.

I hope you get the chance to see them soon! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have had both experiences so far, and they are different. With seating (provided you do not have the cheapest option with maybe restricted view) you always have a bigger picture and get the most of the laser effects and big screens. You normally have a guaranteed seat and can come late, go to the toilet and eat during the opening acts. You are not able to do this when you want to stand up front. You fight for your place and then you cannot leave anymore for a few hours .... If you are small like me, and are not in the very first row, it could happen that you have a tall person in front of you and then you see less standing than seated. However you are more up closer and are more involved. You get to grab confetti, play with balls, catch maybe a glimpse of Chris Martins belly :). So I think I would go for the standing tickets and come really early.

• Like 1

I am seriously hoping for a Munich show, they have always been to Munich and so far with a AHFOD they have not been here yet. But I should not complain too much, since they have been in the BMW Welt with Ghost Stories and I have been lucky enough to be there!

So, I was right that would come to Munich again!! Got very good seated tickets for Munich, which already have arrived. I heard that they are playing longer now during this show which would be great, as this was always so sad when they said: Do you have time for one more song and you just got warmed up ...

I have had both experiences so far, and they are different. With seating (provided you do not have the cheapest option with maybe restricted view) you always have a bigger picture and get the most of the laser effects and big screens. You normally have a guaranteed seat and can come late, go to the toilet and eat during the opening acts. You are not able to do this when you want to stand up front. You fight for your place and then you cannot leave anymore for a few hours .... If you are small like me, and are not in the very first row, it could happen that you have a tall person in front of you and then you see less standing than seated. However you are more up closer and are more involved. You get to grab confetti, play with balls, catch maybe a glimpse of Chris Martins belly :). So I think I would go for the standing tickets and come really early.

Don't get too close or Chris will sweat all over your water bottle :laugh3:

• Like 2

So cool you're going to your first Coldplay concert! :D I'm sure it will be an amazing night, with so much energy, love and togetherness!

I have seen them both seated and standing. I assume the seating experience is different depending on how good seats you have. The one I had was located high up at the back, so it wasn't really the same as standing, but it was still an amazing night. It's not the same energy but still a lot of it, and the crowd up there was standing a lot. Coldplay do a lot do entertain everyone and make everyone feel part of the show. Switching between different stages and the blinking wristbands are examples of that. :) So seating is never bad, but standing under the confetti so much closer, juping around with other fans is just wonderful!

There should not be any problem to film in the audience - people are jumping around and dancing, but not all the time nor everyone. But of course, you get another perspective of the venue from a seat higher up. There are always other nice Coldplayers you can chat with in the queue and maybe join inside if you are going without any companionship.

So I would say, seating tickets are never wrong, but if you are young and can do it, you just have to experience it from a standing position. I got the tip to stand at the circle-shaped B-stage, at the end of the catwalk, and thanks for that I got really close to them when they played at that stage. It's also lower than the A-stage.

I hope you get the chance to see them soon! :)

Thank you for the advice. I got standing + Level 1 unreserved ticket. Hopefully I'll be early enough to stand on the front area. Now I'm already pretty excited haha

• Like 1

Thanks so much. I'm pretty short and I still got standing + Level 1 unreserved ticket. I'm thinking about queuing after lunch time/early afternoon and will try to stand in the front area.