✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hello, hello!

Welsh_Edge

Hello everyone!

I'm Paul and if you can't tell, I'm a big U2 fan. I was pretty much a casual Coldplay fan up until the Superbowl performance (btw, nice Beautiful Day snippet, Chris! :cool: ). I wasn't a fan of the single Adventure Of A Lifetime when it came out but after the Superbowl I thought I'd give the album, AHFOD, a proper listen. First track, A Head Full Of Dreams. Wow. Fantastic song. That and Up&Up are my favourites on the album by far. I'm still not a huge fan of Adventure Of A Lifetime aswell as Hymn For The Weekend.

I would love to see Coldplay live. I know this has probably been addressed in another topic but do you think this'll be their last tour? That would suck big time if it's true.

Thanks for reading!

Guest diogo_sg

Hey Paul! Welcome to Coldplaying! Hope you have a great time here and don't forget to check the several U2-related threads ;D

PS: glad to hear that the Super Bowl performace made you interested in checking Coldplay's work more deeply :)

Hey Paul - welcome to the forum, fellow U2 fan! :)

Pretty cool that the Super Bowl performance got you more interested. Nice to hear this can still happen.

Many here felt that AHFOD (the track) had a lot of U2 vibes, so maybe that's what got you hooked.

Hope you get to experience them live! I personally don't believe that this will be their last tour. Just an end to a chapter of some sort for the band. Maybe they'll be taking a longer break after the tour. It's also likely that there will be a second European tour leg later in 2016 or maybe 2017.

• Like 1

Hello everyone!

I'm Paul and if you can't tell, I'm a big U2 fan. I was pretty much a casual Coldplay fan up until the Superbowl performance (btw, nice Beautiful Day snippet, Chris! :cool: ). I wasn't a fan of the single Adventure Of A Lifetime when it came out but after the Superbowl I thought I'd give the album, AHFOD, a proper listen. First track, A Head Full Of Dreams. Wow. Fantastic song. That and Up&Up are my favourites on the album by far. I'm still not a huge fan of Adventure Of A Lifetime aswell as Hymn For The Weekend.

I would love to see Coldplay live. I know this has probably been addressed in another topic but do you think this'll be their last tour? That would suck big time if it's true.

Thanks for reading!

So glad U2 fans are popping up in the forums recently instead of pop fans. You're going to love some of Coldplay's older work (if you haven't checked out already). But, if you have, I suggest digging deeper (B-Sides, etc). This should be their last tour for a while. It's expected that they might go on a temporary hiatus after this era. A Head Full Of Dreams (the song) is one of my faves as well and it's because of the U2 vibe it gives off. Birds is another fave as well.

• Like 2

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone! Seriously considering buying tickets now. I have all the albums on CD, I'm not a complete newbie to Coldplay although I'm not as obsessed as some of you are! (yet) I really like MX and VLV. Lovers In Japan is one of my favourite songs of Coldplays as well as Up With The Birds and Don't Let It Break Your Heart. Swallowed In The Sea and Everything's Not Lost are also big favourites of mine too!

:thumbsup:

• Like 3

I too also like Coldplay after watching their Super Bowl 50 performance and listening to some of their music. Thought the half-time show could have been better, didn't seem like too much excitement as it usually would be. It's the Super Bowl, weather you like football or not, everyone watches the halftime show!

• Like 1