✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[VOTE] Name your favourite Coldplay "slow" song and why!

stephen

• 4 months later...

it's hard for me to choose something like this because generally i prefer more uptempo songs :P

but i think i would say A Spell A Rebel Yell or Reign of Love

i absolutely love the synths in A Spell a Rebel Yell, Chris's "aaalll i waaaant in this wooorrllld". it's kinda hypnotic :dizzy:

but Reign of Love is my favorite from VLV so shoutout to that as well

Prospekt's March. The emotion is unmatched and the bit where Chris sings "I don't wanna diiiiiiiie, on my ownnnn here tonight" is one of my favorite moments from any Coldplay song.

As for songs that come close: The Scientist, Fix You, Amsterdam, Everything's Not List, Oceans, Fly On, Us Against The World, Sparks, Gravity, Everglow, Midnight, Always In My Head, Moving To Mars... there are so many great downtempo Coldplay songs!

• Like 3

Prospekt's March. The emotion is unmatched and the bit where Chris sings "I don't wanna diiiiiiiie, on my ownnnn here tonight" is one of my favorite moments from any Coldplay song.

As for songs that come close: The Scientist, Fix You, Amsterdam, Everything's Not List, Oceans, Fly On, Us Against The World, Sparks, Gravity, Everglow, Midnight, Always In My Head, Moving To Mars... there are so many great downtempo Coldplay songs!

Moving to Mars is so incredible :wacky: i was afraid maybe it was toeing the line between downtempo and uptempo or else i'd have listed it before

i think if i ever meet any of the band i will tell them: just so you know, you can never have too many songs about space :glasses2:

• Like 1

you can never have too many songs about space :glasses2:

space :glasses2:

:glasses2:

: )

Here, let me put on some space glasses...

:cool4:

Oops, wrong ones...

:glasses2:

There we go.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'd have to say The Scientist is my favorite slow song.

I tie it to a friend I knew for a long time and we had some rough patches and aren't friends anymore. The lyrics "Come up to meet you, tell you I'm sorry" match the story of what happened when I tried to apologize and whatnot. Most of the lyrics really match my story. It's my favorite because I love how Chris sings and it just reminds me of the good times I used to have with my friend.

I really love Fly On, Oceans, Gravity & since March, 31, 2016 (first AHFOD Tour's concert, Latin America leg) I feel that Us Against the World touch me deeply

• Like 1