✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

High/Low List of Coldplay Songs!

cp3176

*NOTE:* Before asking any questions at all, read this entire post. All of it. Trust me, this is a brand new style of play never seem before and you WILL have questions if you don't read all of this post. There are bound to be questions anyway, but I'm going to say this and make sure you...

[spoiler=Continued]read the entire post before asking a question that was already answered in this post beforehand. I might put an FAQ up in the future. But I'm just warning you, because over time I will not answer questions that are already answered in this post! Sorry this might get in the way of the real information, but believe me this is the most important thing that you read everything.

EDIT: No it won't get in the way, I put the rest in a spoiler as you can obviously tell :P

Hello everyone. This is a brand new style of gameplay I thought of today, and have developed in my mind throughout this day. It's a list of High/Low Coldplay songs. What do I mean by that?

Well, here's what I thought of:

1. There is going to be a table with 3 columns: High, Neutral, and Low.

2. Each song starts at 0 points.

3. A song has to get 15 points or more to make it into the "High" column. If a song gets lower than -15 points, it's in the "Low" column.

That's how we'll actually see where the songs are ranked. This is how you vote:

1. You get 15 points to use, and -15 points to use. You can use these on any Coldplay song you want. You can spend all 15 points on one Coldplay song, or give 15 points to 15 songs, 1 point for each songs. This goes for both +/- points. And you can do anything in between, for example give 5 points to 3 Coldplay songs each, give 6 points to a coldplay song, 5 to another, and 4 to yet another. or any combination you'd like with your 15 points. This will allow for much more fan-based point totals, and different levels of people liking/disliking different songs.

2. I'll update the list somewhere below with all of your votes and them affecting the song's point totals. So, just like with my other game, you're not going to have to copy and paste this massive list, I'll do all the work and the list will be below!

3. Here's an example of a vote:

+

White Shadows (7 points)

Swallowed in the Sea (5 points)

Low (2 points)

A Rush of Blood to the Head (1 point)

-

True Love (10 points)

Yes (3 points)

In My Place (2 points)

As you can see, there is a LOT of fan opinion involved in how much points actually goes to each song, instead of it just being only a fixed point total that you're forced to use every single time. Remember, you only have 15 points so you can't give 10 points to 6 songs, you have to make sure all the point totals add up to 15 or -15 in your post.

So, all you do is put a +, put your songs and put how many points you're adding, not it's current point total. Then put a -, and do the same thing. You don't have to put a - in front of how many point's your adding in this case, that's implied. But you could do it if you want to.

4. Make sure you leave 2 votes between each post of yours! So yes, you can vote more than once :P

Now a question I'm pretty sure most of you have at this point: is there any winners/losers/eliminated in this game? And the answer to that is: no. However!!!: At the end of each month I will put the name of the month, than a spoiler below it. And for that month there will be 3 top songs and 3 lowest songs. And there will be the table at the last post counted for that month, and a list of the songs in order from highest point total from least point total. So in that sense there are "winners" and "losers", however this is an ongoing game that will continue for forever! I personally think it will be awesome to see Coldplayer's favorite and least favorite songs throughout the years. This should have been came up with a long time ago :P

Anyway, I really don't know what else to say. Any and all Coldplay songs are allowed to be voted for, including CM-only collaborations! I know there's bound to be questions since this is a completely new gametype never thought up of before here on the forum, so if you have any questions about how to vote, just ask! If you're doing something wrong I'll let you know. I have absolutely no idea whether I missed anything that's obvious in my mind or not since there's a lot of stuff going on right now while I'm making this thread so I'm sorry if I missed anything, and as always enjoy the game! Again, any and all questions are allowed, I have no idea how this is going to go or how much you know at this point so I guess I'll just wait and see.

Let's begin!

I don't really think it's necessary to have a "Last Post By:" and such here, as you're not going to be posting the point totals, you're going to be posting how much points you wish to add which is easy to figure out. :D

*Current Song Standings:*

[ATTACH=full]6003[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]6004[/ATTACH]

Yes, it may look low quality, but there's no "table" feature anymore so this will have to do for now :D

Also, for the sake of saving space, only songs voted for will show up on this list. So don't think you can't vote for anything just because not all songs are on the list yet. :P Again, you can vote for any and all Coldplay songs, including CM only collaborations.

If there's a song you want to vote for but aren't sure you would be able to vote for, just ask.

Also, since this will be an ongoing game, this is a note for when and if I decide to leave the forum before this game eventually dies off: If this game doesn't die off before I decide to leave this forum (if that will ever happen :P), then anyone who wants this game to continue is allowed to copy everything from this post over to their new post to keep things going. Or if in the future the mods or something are able to switch ownership of the thread, then they can go ahead and do that and switch in a new person to take over this game if and when I leave. I want this to be sort of fan's opinion on Coldplay songs for a long time since April 2016. I know this should have came much earlier, and it's a shame it came this late, but hey. Better late than never! (NOTE!!!! This does NOT mean I will leave the forum anytime soon! I'm just saying this in case I do in the far future. I will be here for a long time, trust me!!!)

EDIT: Don't take anything I say too seriously. As you all have noticed, not even a week before saying that^ I took a very long break from the forum, around 5 months. So yes, I am actually prone to leaving the forum very soon and unexpectedly without warning, so just take note of that. :D

As always, have fun!

==================================================================================================================

*Month by Month Scores*

March 2016:

[ATTACH=full]6005[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]6006[/ATTACH]

Top 3 Songs:

1. Square One (35)

2. Moving to Mars (33)

3. Up With The Birds (29)

Worst 3 Songs:

1. Princess of China (-43)

X Marks The Spot (-43)

3. True Love (-35)

April 2016:

[ATTACH=full]6009[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]6010[/ATTACH]

Top 3 Songs:

1. Square One (48)

2. Up With The Birds (29)

3. Moving to Mars (26)

Worst 3 Songs:

1. 1.36 (-54)

2. X Marks The Spot (-53)

3. Hymn For The Weekend (-45)

May 2016, June 2016, July 2016, and August 2016 are all the same as April 2016 since no activity happened in those months.

==================================================================================================================

Let's start! :D

• Like 3

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here, how about I give the first vote. Real example everyone!

+

Up With The Birds (7 points)

Paradise (4 points)

Viva la Vida (4 points)

-

True Love (6 points)

X Marks The Spot (5 points)

1.36 (4 points)

*NOTE:* Before asking any questions at all, read this entire post. All of it. Trust me, this is a brand new style of play never seem before and you WILL have questions if you don't read all of this post. There are bound to be questions anyway, but I'm going to say this and make sure you...

[spoiler=Continued]read the entire post before asking a question that was already answered in this post beforehand. I might put an FAQ up in the future. But I'm just warning you, because over time I will not answer questions that are already answered in this post! Sorry this might get in the way of the real information, but believe me this is the most important thing that you read everything.EDIT: No it won't get in the way, I put the rest in a spoiler as you can obviously tell :P

Hello everyone. This is a brand new style of gameplay I thought of today, and have developed in my mind throughout this day. It's a list of High/Low Coldplay songs. What do I mean by that?

Well, here's what I thought of:

1. There is going to be a table with 3 columns: High, Neutral, and Low.

2. Each song starts at 0 points.

3. A song has to get 15 points or more to make it into the "High" column. If a song gets lower than -15 points, it's in the "Low" column.

That's how we'll actually see where the songs are ranked. This is how you vote:

1. You get 15 points to use, and -15 points to use. You can use these on any Coldplay song you want. You can spend all 15 points on one Coldplay song, or give 15 points to 15 songs, 1 point for each songs. This goes for both +/- points. And you can do anything in between, for example give 5 points to 3 Coldplay songs each, give 6 points to a coldplay song, 5 to another, and 4 to yet another. or any combination you'd like with your 15 points. This will allow for much more fan-based point totals, and different levels of people liking/disliking different songs.

2. I'll update the list somewhere below with all of your votes and them affecting the song's point totals. So, just like with my other game, you're not going to have to copy and paste this massive list, I'll do all the work and the list will be below!

3. Here's an example of a vote:

+

White Shadows (7 points)

Swallowed in the Sea (5 points)

Low (2 points)

A Rush of Blood to the Head (1 point)

-

True Love (10 points)

Yes (3 points)

In My Place (2 points)

As you can see, there is a LOT of fan opinion involved in how much points actually goes to each song, instead of it just being only a fixed point total that you're forced to use every single time. Remember, you only have 15 points so you can't give 10 points to 6 songs, you have to make sure all the point totals add up to 15 or -15 in your post.So, all you do is put a +, put your songs and put how many points you're adding, not it's current point total. Then put a -, and do the same thing. You don't have to put a - in front of how many point's your adding in this case, that's implied. But you could do it if you want to.4. Make sure you leave 2 Anyway, I really don't know what else to say. Any and all Coldplay songs are allowed to be voted for, including CM-only collaborations! I know there's bound to be questions since this is a completely new gametype never thought up of before here on the forum, so if you have any questions about how to vote, just ask! If you're doing something wrong I'll let you know. I have absolutely no idea whether I missed anything that's obvious in my mind or not since there's a lot of stuff going on right now while I'm making this thread so I'm sorry if I missed anything, and as always enjoy the game! Again, any and all questions are allowed, I have no idea how this is going to go or how much you know at this point so I guess I'll just wait and see.Let's begin!Now a question I'm pretty sure most of you have at this point: is there any winners/losers/eliminated in this game? And the answer to that is: no. However!!!: At the end of each month I will put the name of the month, than a spoiler below it. And for that month there will be 3 top songs and 3 lowest songs. And there will be the table at the last post counted for that month, and a list of the songs in order from highest point total from least point total. So in that sense there are "winners" and "losers", however this is an ongoing game that will continue for forever! I personally think it will be awesome to see Coldplayer's favorite and least favorite songs throughout the years. This should have been came up with a long time ago :Pvotes between each post of yours! So yes, you can vote more than once :P

I don't really think it's necessary to have a "Last Post By:" and such here, as you're not going to be posting the point totals, you're going to be posting how much points you wish to add which is easy to figure out. :D

*Current Song Standings:*

[ATTACH=full]4257[/ATTACH]Yes, it may look low quality, but there's no "table" feature anymore so this will have to do for now :D

Also, for the sake of saving space, only songs voted for will show up on this list. So don't think you can't vote for anything just because not all songs are on the list yet. :P Again, you can vote for any and all Coldplay songs, including CM only collaborations.

If there's a song you want to vote for but aren't sure you would be able to vote for, just ask.Also, since this will be an ongoing game, this is a note for when and if I decide to leave the forum before this game eventually dies off: If this game doesn't die off before I decide to leave this forum (if that will ever happen :P), then anyone who wants this game to continue is allowed to copy everything from this post over to their new post to keep things going. Or if in the future the mods or something are able to switch ownership of the thread, then they can go ahead and do that and switch in a new person to take over this game if and when I leave. I want this to be sort of fan's opinion on Coldplay songs for a long time since April 2016. I know this should have came much earlier, and it's a shame it came this late, but hey. Better late than never! (NOTE!!!! This does NOT mean I will leave the forum anytime soon! I'm just saying this in case I do in the far future. I will be here for a long time, trust me!!!)As always, havefun!================================================================================================

*Month by Month Scores*

Nothingyet!

================================================================================================

Let's start! :D

I've just read it. The different style of voting etc. looks really interesting to me !

• Like 1