✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

That audience song request-thing

For what that audience request song-thing, if they play nearly the same (with just a few exceptions ) all over again ?! Are they just too lazy to rehears something else?

You could put it down to these songs :

-In my Place

-Trouble

-See you soon

Those can be expected in nearly every gig, but I highly doubt others arent requested.

I hoped for some rarities, so far that Request-thing has been a proper disappointment. Just 2 or 3 exceptions maybe....

And, seriously, why they stopped performing Politik ? To much of an serious ,not danceable song?! It had such great visuals...

• Like 1

also maybe they are also chosing it over the reason why a fan wants to hear that song ... like between "yeah its my best friends song and I wanna surprise her" and another who has a more deep and personal reasons over this request , i guess its normal

Maybe Guy's long list of banned songs is messing with this

Is Guy known to have such a list? I'd be inclined to trust his taste actually, but I think he doesn't have a lot of say in terms of the setlist. Remember he said he likes Daylight in Thalia's interview? And yet we don't hear that song very often.

• Like 2

Is Guy known to have such a list? I'd be inclined to trust his taste actually, but I think he doesn't have a lot of say in terms of the setlist. Remember he said he likes Daylight in Thalia's interview? And yet we don't hear that song very often.

in a recent interview , Johnny and Chris talked about how Guy has a list of songs he doesn't want to play anymore and its quite "a long one"

Though we have had a number of repeats, and I'm sad too about IMP as a request song, you can't disregard:

-Green Eyes

-UATW

-The Hardest Part

-Speed of Sound

-Shiver

-Strawberry Swing

Not to mention the variation on the B and C stage songs with many other almost-rarities.

in a recent interview , Johnny and Chris talked about how Guy has a list of songs he doesn't want to play anymore and its quite "a long one"

I think they were mostly joking though. We've heard in past interviews that Guy's not a big fan of Shiver or Talk, but I think each member has their own songs they dislike, and even those preferences get overridden. Chris once implied Guy and Jonny don't like the Hardest Part at the beginning of the VLV tour (hence the Chris-Will acoustic version) yet it's been played a few times this tour. Chris says he really doesn't like Speed of Sound but that's been played quite a few times especially in the MX tour as well as this one.

Though we have had a number of repeats, and I'm sad too about IMP as a request song, you can't disregard:

-Green Eyes

-UATW

-The Hardest Part

-Speed of Sound

-Shiver

-Strawberry Swing

Not to mention the variation on the B and C stage songs with many other almost-rarities.

I think they were mostly joking though. We've heard in past interviews that Guy's not a big fan of Shiver or Talk, but I think each member has their own songs they dislike, and even those preferences get overridden. Chris once implied Guy and Jonny don't like the Hardest Part at the beginning of the VLV tour (hence the Chris-Will acoustic version) yet it's been played a few times this tour. Chris says he really doesn't like Speed of Sound but that's been played quite a few times especially in the MX tour as well as this one.

Chris loves the song , he just doesn't really like the way it was produced which is why he has been playing it acoustic since the MX tour

• 2 weeks later...

I've found this interesting img of all requested songs, so far:

13631489_1035353299873656_7120949714475824238_n.jpg?oh=f71f839d3031a6d914a8265479a72320&oe=57EA17AF

and I did some stats:

most played (66.6% ratio)

• 1. In My Place (6 / 20%)
  • 2. Don't Panic (4 / 13.4%)
  • 3. Shiver (3 / 10%)
  • 3. Trouble (3 / 10%)
  • 3. The Hardest Part (3 / 10%)
  • 6. Green Eyes (2 / 6.6%)
  • 6. God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (2 / 6.6%)

only played once (33.4% ratio)

• Speed Of Sound
  • A Message
  • Us Against The World
  • Strawberry Swing
  • See You Soon
  • A Rush Of Blood To The Head

I think this list should be more balanced, at least 60-40 :thinking: :uneasy:

• Like 2

I've found this interesting img of all requested songs, so far:

13631489_1035353299873656_7120949714475824238_n.jpg?oh=f71f839d3031a6d914a8265479a72320&oe=57EA17AF

and I did some stats:

most played (66.6% ratio)

• 1. In My Place (6 / 20%)
  • 2. Don't Panic (4 / 13.4%)
  • 3. Shiver (3 / 10%)
  • 3. Trouble (3 / 10%)
  • 3. The Hardest Part (3 / 10%)
  • 6. Green Eyes (2 / 6.6%)
  • 6. God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (2 / 6.6%)

only played once (33.4% ratio)

• Speed Of Sound
  • A Message
  • Us Against The World
  • Strawberry Swing
  • See You Soon
  • A Rush Of Blood To The Head

I think this list should be more balanced, at least 60-40 :thinking: :uneasy:

Well, remember that a few of the songs on the list were also played without being requested. For example, Speed of Sound was first included as a surprise addition in Lima, then for some reason it was the request of choice at the next show in São Paulo. Also, See You Soon was played twice before it was requested in Barcelona. So, the stats aren't all that skewed. Interesting list, though!