✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Bands and Singers Coldplay Have Influenced

alisbe

Some weeks ago I found this article about Tonight Alive's drummer. Among the things he mentioned was the fact that Coldplay was a huge influence in some of the tracks they wrote. These are two of the songs he mentioned

Now, that left me thinking, what other bands and singers have Coldplay influenced? It's been 20 years since they met, 18 years since their first gig and 16 years since their first album was released. There should be lots of artists who have seen the band being successful and want to take those little details they have to have the same impact in the world of music.

Let's share the music Coldplay has influenced, perhaps we might enjoy their songs as this could be a new way to discover new music.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don’t know how much this band I’m about to share has been influenced by Coldplay but the New Zealand band Evermore is SO GOOD! These guys sound like the Coldplay Of NZ.

[MEDIA=spotify]path=artist%2F5VWIuZAPbBdtFHdbDyYeHQ[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://open.spotify.com/artist/5VWIuZAPbBdtFHdbDyYeHQ?si=MHIgicwdSieTQ1MiCIMsOg

I recommend Lights Surrounding You, Runnin’ and Its too late. The song Hey Boys & Girls don’t sound too much like Coldplay but is still pretty cool. Check it out and let me know what you think!

Pretty much any guitar-led Coldplay song

Pretty much Coldplay in their early days

Pretty much Hurts Like Heaven

In case you didn't know them yet :)

Came here to post this haha.

I used to really love Kodaline but have gone off them in the last couple of years to an extent. The blatant Coldplay copying is just weird. One thing to be inspired by Coldplay ala High Hopes, it's a great song and clearly evokes that mid naughties brit band sound, but Coming Alive is such a rip off of Hurts Like Heaven it's uncanny. To top it off, when I saw them in 2015, the song played before the band came on was that Jon Hopkins song Coldplay were using before a lot of their sets in 2014, probably a coincidence but who knows