✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2017-08-01] MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ / NY, NY

AMDB9

Good morning. We’re very pleased to announce the first 2017 North American shows for the A Head Full Of Dreams Tour – including the band’s first Canadian shows in five years. The dates are as follows:

Tue Aug 01 – New York, NY – MetLife Stadium

Tickets go on general sale on Saturday, Oct 15 at 10am local time, apart from Montreal (Oct 15, 12noon) and Miami (Oct 21, 10am).

Support: AlunaGeorge and Izzy Bizu

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question about the quantity of tickets released for presale.

I saw Coldplay twice this year, once at Metlife in July and again at the Made in America festival in September. At Metlife I was seated in the 200 levels and at MIA I was about 4 rows from the stage. I'd like to go see them again next August, but since I've already seen this tour twice I'm not really looking for great seats-just the experience of being there again. I tried to use my presale code for the $25 seats, but I guess they've sold out. Is it possible that I'll be able to snag them once the general public tickets are released?

Thanks guys!

I saw Coldplay twice this year, once at Metlife in July and again at the Made in America festival in September. At Metlife I was seated in the 200 levels and at MIA I was about 4 rows from the stage. I'd like to go see them again next August, but since I've already seen this tour twice I'm not really looking for great seats-just the experience of being there again. I tried to use my presale code for the $25 seats, but I guess they've sold out. Is it possible that I'll be able to snag them once the general public tickets are released?

Thanks guys!

Yeah! They only release a certain number of tickets for the presale. If you get in early enough, you should be able to get some tickets (hopefully those cheaper ones!) once the general sale starts.

Does anyone of you guys have still a presale code available? I've been subscribed with coldplay.com since 2011 now, and didn't get a presale code? I was really hoping to see them because they are truly one of my favorites! PLEASE PLEASE! I NEED HELP! EACH CODE IS GOOD FOR 4 TICKETS AND I ONLY NEED 2!!! PLEASE! THIS WOULD MEAN THE WORLD TO ME!!! DM ME!

Does anyone of you guys have still a presale code available? I've been subscribed with coldplay.com since 2011 now, and didn't get a presale code? I was really hoping to see them because they are truly one of my favorites! PLEASE PLEASE! I NEED HELP! EACH CODE IS GOOD FOR 4 TICKETS AND I ONLY NEED 2!!! PLEASE! THIS WOULD MEAN THE WORLD TO ME!!! DM ME!

• Like 1

If you need Gillette or MetLife stadium, I still have codes for a special presale starting Thu Oct 13 at 10 AM local time. But they are only valid for those two stadiuma and it is not the Coldplay.com presale.

oh! its okay. I need the coldplay.com code because I live here down in san diego, california. thank you so much tho.

Thanks guys!

As AMBD said, there should be some more released in the general sale. If you miss out there, keep checking occasionally as the date gets nearer, because last time they dropped a few seats late. Also, you can probably find one for resale at face value. With tickets sold so far ahead of the show, there are always people who buy but realize later they can't go.

• Like 1

Hello, Coldplay fans!

I recently purchased two set of tickets for the 8/1 show. My question is which one is better.. they are both near the stage, curious which row is preferred. Thanks in advance! :-)

1) Section 11 - Row 8 seat 11 & 12

OR

2) Section 11 - Row 20 seat 14 & 15

Thanks! I believe they changed the section numbering for this one. Section 11 is near the C-stage, on the left. The higher seat number (#14-15) is up against the stage on that side. Looking at the layout I was thinking row 20 may be at the head on the C-stage rather than in the middle, row 8 (if that makes sense.. ).

Thanks! I believe they changed the section numbering for this one. Section 11 is near the C-stage, on the left. The higher seat number (#14-15) is up against the stage on that side. Looking at the layout I was thinking row 20 may be at the head on the C-stage rather than in the middle, row 8 (if that makes sense.. ).

Can you post a picture of the layout ?

Oh right, that's totally different compared to last year. Back then I was sitting in the place where now "8" is.

The C-stage can be seen as the "cutout" in area 13. So I don't think 11 is gonna be any close to it, no matter which seat numbers. Imho take row 8 that is closer to the B-stage and you will have a great view of it and the main stage.

Anyway, last year it was possible to walk around - so I walked to the C-stage and waited there halfway through the show.

Oh right, that's totally different compared to last year. Back then I was sitting in the place where now "8" is.

The C-stage can be seen as the "cutout" in area 13. So I don't think 11 is gonna be any close to it, no matter which seat numbers. Imho take row 8 that is closer to the B-stage and you will have a great view of it and the main stage.

Anyway, last year it was possible to walk around - so I walked to the C-stage and waited there halfway through the show.

That's right I meant B-Stage :-) oops. What row would you pick; 8 or 20? I wish they would post where the seats are exactly instead of us guessing

• 1 month later...

Hello! I don't know if you guys can help me, but I want to go to the Coldplay concert at the Metlife Stadium next year, by myself and I don't know NYC or NJ. I read I can get a train to NJ and easily go to the stadium, what I want to know is: it's ok go by myself? I mean, not dangerous and it has an easy access back to NYC? Many thanks from a brazilian fan.

• Like 1

Hello! I don't know if you guys can help me, but I want to go to the Coldplay concert at the Metlife Stadium next year, by myself and I don't know NYC or NJ. I read I can get a train to NJ and easily go to the stadium, what I want to know is: it's ok go by myself? I mean, not dangerous and it has an easy access back to NYC? Many thanks from a brazilian fan.

You'll definitely be okay. The train station is right at the stadium and there will be thousands of people taking the train as well.

Here's the train schedule from last summer's concerts. From NYC, you transfer at Secaucus for the train to the stadium and on the way back you do the same.

http://www.njtransit.com/AdminTemp/coldplayjuly16.pdf

Hi !

Hopefully some New Yorkers can share their opions as well, but I am gonna tell you from a Non-American's perspective.

I went to the first MetLife stadium show last year and I didn't know my way around NYC either because it was my first "real" visit apart from a short one that had only lasted for a few hours. There are two ways to get to MetLife stadium from the center of Manhattan:

- New Jersey Transit (train from Penn Station)

- Coach USA, a private bus company that runs special buses to events at MetLife stadium, leaves from Port Authority Bus Terminal

Penn Station and Port Authority are very close to each other, and close to Times Square, which is lit and busy 24hrs a day and which I always felt safe in because there are lots of people and shops open at night and also a high police presence. Prices were also quite similar ($11/12 for round trip), I took the bus option even though their staff was quite rude because I thought it would be more comfortable and you don't have to change at Seacaucus station. There were many buses and each of them filled with lots of Coldplay fans, all very safe. The buses may take longer than the train to take you home because there will be traffic jams around the venue.

Make sure you pick a hotel/accomodation that has a good connection to Penn St or Port Authority, preferably somewhere close to Times Sq if you can afford it. I stayed in Hell's Kitchen for the concert night, I'm a girl and personally did not feel unsafe when I returned home, first with the Subway and then the final couple of streets on foot.

You'll definitely be okay. The train station is right at the stadium and there will be thousands of people taking the train as well.

Here's the train schedule from last summer's concerts. From NYC, you transfer at Secaucus for the train to the stadium and on the way back you do the same.

http://www.njtransit.com/AdminTemp/coldplayjuly16.pdf

Thanks for the answer! ;)

Hi !

Hopefully some New Yorkers can share their opions as well, but I am gonna tell you from a Non-American's perspective.

I went to the first MetLife stadium show last year and I didn't know my way around NYC either because it was my first "real" visit apart from a short one that had only lasted for a few hours. There are two ways to get to MetLife stadium from the center of Manhattan:

- New Jersey Transit (train from Penn Station)

- Coach USA, a private bus company that runs special buses to events at MetLife stadium, leaves from Port Authority Bus Terminal

Penn Station and Port Authority are very close to each other, and close to Times Square, which is lit and busy 24hrs a day and which I always felt safe in because there are lots of people and shops open at night and also a high police presence. Prices were also quite similar ($11/12 for round trip), I took the bus option even though their staff was quite rude because I thought it would be more comfortable and you don't have to change at Seacaucus station. There were many buses and each of them filled with lots of Coldplay fans, all very safe. The buses may take longer than the train to take you home because there will be traffic jams around the venue.

Make sure you pick a hotel/accomodation that has a good connection to Penn St or Port Authority, preferably somewhere close to Times Sq if you can afford it. I stayed in Hell's Kitchen for the concert night, I'm a girl and personally did not feel unsafe when I returned home, first with the Subway and then the final couple of streets on foot.

Thanks for the answer! :) It's also good to know from your point of view and your informations are really useful. I guess I'm going by train and I'll be staying a little far from the Penn Station, at Upper East Side... It's easy to get a cab there?

Thanks for the answer! :) It's also good to know from your point of view and your informations are really useful. I guess I'm going by train and I'll be staying a little far from the Penn Station, at Upper East Side... It's easy to get a cab there?

You should be able to get a cab pretty easily or just take the subway ... you can take a subway right to Penn Station and then just get on the train there. As others have said, I think you won't have to worry about being safe. Tons of people will be taking the train there and back for the show (and Coldplay crowds are nice!), and once you get into the city, things are basically always bustling. You will be back probably before those of us who are driving have even gotten out of the parking lot haha.