✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2017-08-01] MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ / NY, NY

AMDB9

As I have never been to a concert in the US, can anyone tell me, if people stay seated during the concert? We don´t have chairs on the field in Germany and are dancing and jumping… I have no idea what a concert with seats is like.

I've been to some small shows in the US in general admission sections (standing room only/no seats) but it was kind of frustrating. I'm not very tall and couldn't see hardly anything with all the people in front of me and everyone smashed together. I just had a really good view (and smell) of the sweaty guys around me. Also, with no reserved seats you take whatever position you can get depending on how long you stood in line. And even then, big people can still push their way in front of you.

The first time I saw Coldplay with assigned floor seating was last summer in Chicago. Huge improvement! I could arrive whenever I wanted to, sit down before the show, have room under the seat in front of me for my bag, no sweaty people to get my face pushed up against, I could come & go without losing my space, and I could see better even with taller people in front of me because the chairs keep everyone at a distance. We all stood, jumped and partied through the whole show. I loved it!! It was so great that I'm doing the floor again this month and bringing my 9yo daughter and her best friend. I'm not worried at all about them getting swallowed up in a mosh pit. And they can stand on the seats if they can't see well.

Also, I don't know if every US staduim does this, but Soldier Field had zip ties holding rows of chairs together so you can't fold them up or move them around. It helped keep people from cramming together.

• Like 1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been to some small shows in the US in general admission sections (standing room only/no seats) but it was kind of frustrating. I'm not very tall and couldn't see hardly anything with all the people in front of me and everyone smashed together. I just had a really good view (and smell) of the sweaty guys around me. Also, with no reserved seats you take whatever position you can get depending on how long you stood in line. And even then, big people can still push their way in front of you

Well, that's how General Admision works in every single concert everywhere. I'm not really into the seats thing but we'll see if I say the same in 20 years when my body simply won't be able to stand the "General Admision" experience.

• Like 2

Well, that's how General Admision works in every single concert everywhere. I'm not really into the seats thing but we'll see if I say the same in 20 years when my body simply won't be able to stand the "General Admision" experience.

Very good point about how age can change your preferences. I'm 40-something and 20 years ago I enjoyed the GA experience much more.

Oh my god, the AHFOD Tour being back to the place where I first saw it...it's giving me the feels and sends me down memory lane, to both the sad and the happy ones. So nostalgic right now....

Wishing everyone tonight a wonderful experience !! The moment when the beat sets in after "a wonderful adventure...a wonderful adventure....a wonderful adventure" is still one of the most significant moments of last year to me ! :)

Their introduction - the Charlie Chaplin speech in general - is one of my favorite moments of the show as well. I think it's genius on their part to have incorporated it into the shows.