✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2017-08-22] Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON (Second show)

Totally called this! Hmm, I got my tix already for the other show. What would y'all do?

Go to both of course, haha. If you have to pick one, maybe see what tickets you pull up for the second, and do the one you like the seats better? I'm gonna do both since I'm already driving a ways up there and for some reason I've decided it's logic to spend twice the money when I get there. My self control is garbage this year. :joy:

lol, good advice!

i'm going with a work friend. We're sat at straight-away centre field (2nd base) and the front row of that section. Dunno what seats would be an upgrade from that that's also not blowing the budget. I really wish they did general admission instead of seating in the pit. I would dish out the cash for that, but not anything else they have....

lol, good advice!

i'm going with a work friend. We're sat at straight-away centre field (2nd base) and the front row of that section. Dunno what seats would be an upgrade from that that's also not blowing the budget. I really wish they did general admission instead of seating in the pit. I would dish out the cash for that, but not anything else they have....

Totally understand. I really wish they'd do GA as well. GA is cheaper than our seats in most places and you can earn a great spot by getting there early. But, eh, I've just learned to enjoy them from whatever seat.

I'd love to see them do two Boston shows. Underrated place in my opinion.

I have to say I'm not too big a fan of Gillette Stadium because it is so far away from Boston, AND (this being the real bummer) there is no public transport from Boston to Gillette for concerts. MBTA line runs only for Pats games but not for concerts, really inconvenient. I had to take a private bus company for 55 dollars, almost as much as my ticket (!) to get there last July.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have an idea where exactly the C stage is in this chart for Toronto? I was hoping to pick a seat next to the C stage if possible, but I'm not sure if it's that little rectangle near the back (seems farther back than most of been) or if it's in that lighter area right behind the mix desk.

torontocp_zpsug6i9deb.jpg

• 3 months later...

If anyone is still looking for tickets, there are a lot of good tickets available all of a sudden (maybe ticketmaster didnt release them before). You can pick up 200 level tickets for $70 each or 100 level for $120 each, or floors for $225. Nothing available in 500 level though but it seems like everywhere else in the stadium has a lot of tickets remaining

• 5 weeks later...

A heads up if anyone hasn't got a ticket yet ... A few good floor seats available for $99-$115 on TM now. Not resale but normal sale, guess it didn't sell well. Wish I'd waited until last minute, bc my $225 is an obstructed view and I can't exchange it because of the price drop on all the other tickets.

Thoughts on this show:

• Went for both support act sets this time. Although the audience wasn't really into it I LOVED AlunaGeorge and I've been playing their albums on repeat since then.
  • So glad the dome opened! Usually Rogers Centre has terrible acoustics but that made it much better.
  • My seat was right by the b-stage but so many people left their seats and crowded around there I lost my spot at the barricade. Was too crowded around me and I barely had any room to jump around like I did in the first show.
  • Didn't mention this in my post about the first show but I loved the use of fireworks - these were my first stadium Coldplay shows (only arenas before) and the fireworks made for a much better effect.
  • Was kind of hoping for Birds over GPASUYF at this show so they could switch it up, I found that Chris seemed a bit more tired during this night's version of GPASUYF and it was much better performed at the first show.
  • Fix You was outstanding, just looking at all the Xylobands during the start and getting that sense of unity made me feel amazing. And love that run Chris does from the b-stage into the fireworks!
  • AMAZING DAY. What a surprise! My favourite part of the show. I saw Jonny waiting on the b-stage with his guitar during Green Eyes and didn't know what was going on, and when he started playing those first notes I was taken away. The perfect song to sum up two amazing nights.
  • I lost it during the second verse of Up&Up, was just overwhelmed with happy emotions and I was bawling. Just felt so blessed and grateful.
  • A lot of my videos came out blurry sadly, I guess it was since I was focusing more on the actual show and not how it looked on my camera lens. So I guess that's a good thing and a bad thing.
  • Tried to get a setlist after the show but security kicked me out much quicker so they could clean up. I get that they need people to leave but they were quite rude about it.
  • Overall: both shows were great for different reasons. I think I liked the first show better in terms of the overall experience, but still glad I got to experience both shows.

Pics later!

• Like 4