✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay in Metlife-Pls give me some advice.

Happy B

Hi Coldplayers!It's my first time to see the coldplay in person,can I have an advice which seat to choose? will see them in MetLife on August. I'm so excited but really confused if I will choose the Field seats over the Concourse 1?. Hoping those people who attended their concert on MetLife can give me some tips. Appreciate your replies. Thanks.

Hi Coldplayers!It's my first time to see the coldplay in person,can I have an advice which seat to choose? will see them in MetLife on August. I'm so excited but really confused if I will choose the Field seats over the Concourse 1?. Hoping those people who attended their concert on MetLife can give me some tips. Appreciate your replies. Thanks.

Hi, I attended the first MetLife show last year. I had a field seat relatively to the sides/back of the venue. Since everybody is standing, I had some trouble to see properly because I am relatively short. In that respect, maybe concourse 1 would have been better. However, being on the field also enabled me to stand right in front of the C-stage when they came there. So I don't know, there are advantages and disadvantages...

Thank you I RAN AWAY for the response. I actually want to take risk to the field seat near the C-stage but I am worrying that there are a lot of people in front of me who's taller then I'm gonna end up not seeing the band properly while the Concourse 1 I think is a bit farther already.

Thank you I RAN AWAY for the response. I actually want to take risk to the field seat near the C-stage but I am worrying that there are a lot of people in front of me who's taller then I'm gonna end up not seeing the band properly while the Concourse 1 I think is a bit farther already.

If you get a seat like that, bear in mind that you will have to stand up and position yourself directly at the C-stage in advance, otherwise there will be lots of people between you and the C-stage.

I don't know how the views in C.1 are, hopefully someone else will be able to shed some light on this.

So that means, I can also stand in-front of the Circle stage tho my rows are 20+?. And I also want to know if I am facing the stage what is the seating arrangement of seat 1 to 20, is that from right as #1 to left as # 20 or vice versa? thanks, this would really help me in deciding which seats I'm gonna take.

So that means, I can also stand in-front of the Circle stage tho my rows are 20+?

That depends, in some stadiums the security was pretty liberal with that and in others it wasn't. Last year in MetLife walking around was pretty much allowed, so yes.

As for seating, isn't there a map on Ticketmaster ? If not, maybe someone else can help you with the numbering (@dieselbenz ?)

Thanks for the information. There is a seat map on Ticketmaster however it is not indicated where does the number starts, like if I will choose the seat # 10 and up will I be in the middle of the row something like that. Last year when you watched on Metlife about how many seats per row in the field that you've chosen?.

Not sure if this will help but here is a photo that might give you an idea the number of seats per row. Unfortunately I don't have one that shows back near the C stage but you might get an idea.

13754523_10100343875307959_4300950078453125358_n.jpg?w=750

If you look closely at the seat map on Ticketmaster now, you will see a little "1" in the corner of each section. That indicates which side the numbering starts on (in most cases it seems to be from the inside out). It's a shame they don't put up the detailed chart they have for others venues and had for MetLife last year, which shows each seat. For now you kind of have to guess. One thing you can do is look at all the tickets available in a row and see how far it goes out. E.g., if you see seats 20-21 for sale, you can guess 10 will be about halfway into the row. Again though it's hard to tell, I wouldn't want to guarantee anything as I'm just guessing too now.

The shows I did were from the concourse 2 level one night and concourse 1 the next and I had a great view. I think anywhere you sit, whether it's floor or concourse, will have advantages and disadvantages. The good thing about being up in the bowl is you can really see everything (the photo above is the 200 level ... my seat for night two was right below it to the left). The downside is you're not in that action on the floor and don't have the option to try to walk closer to the C stage or anything. Although in my section (113) you could go down to a club area that had a viewing section to the side of the floor which was not far from the C stage (albeit behind it). The floor would be great because as said, you're in the action and you could probably get near the C stage ... but you do have quite a lot of heads to look over. I'm average height but when I was at the C stage in Taiwan it was a bit difficult to see the main stage. It was still great, of course, but if you're short it might be hard to see much of anything. But on the C stage they were RIGHT THERE and felt like a mini private concert. Especially nice since the older songs are my favorites.

If it's any help, here are my pictures from last year from the 100 and 200 level. Bear in mind my camera has a lot of zoom so it's nowhere near that close, but, you can get an idea the angles I had. Coldplay at Metlife Stadium

So, that's probably not very helpful to narrow it down, haha. Honestly, I think either way you choose you will love it. I was practically in the rafters for my first Coldplay show but I was over the moon every second of it.

Not sure if this will help but here is a photo that might give you an idea the number of seats per row. Unfortunately I don't have one that shows back near the C stage but you might get an idea.

13754523_10100343875307959_4300950078453125358_n.jpg?w=750

If you look closely at the seat map on Ticketmaster now, you will see a little "1" in the corner of each section. That indicates which side the numbering starts on (in most cases it seems to be from the inside out). It's a shame they don't put up the detailed chart they have for others venues and had for MetLife last year, which shows each seat. For now you kind of have to guess. One thing you can do is look at all the tickets available in a row and see how far it goes out. E.g., if you see seats 20-21 for sale, you can guess 10 will be about halfway into the row. Again though it's hard to tell, I wouldn't want to guarantee anything as I'm just guessing too now.

The shows I did were from the concourse 2 level one night and concourse 1 the next and I had a great view. I think anywhere you sit, whether it's floor or concourse, will have advantages and disadvantages. The good thing about being up in the bowl is you can really see everything (the photo above is the 200 level ... my seat for night two was right below it to the left). The downside is you're not in that action on the floor and don't have the option to try to walk closer to the C stage or anything. Although in my section (113) you could go down to a club area that had a viewing section to the side of the floor which was not far from the C stage (albeit behind it). The floor would be great because as said, you're in the action and you could probably get near the C stage ... but you do have quite a lot of heads to look over. I'm average height but when I was at the C stage in Taiwan it was a bit difficult to see the main stage. It was still great, of course, but if you're short it might be hard to see much of anything. But on the C stage they were RIGHT THERE and felt like a mini private concert. Especially nice since the older songs are my favorites.

If it's any help, here are my pictures from last year from the 100 and 200 level. Bear in mind my camera has a lot of zoom so it's nowhere near that close, but, you can get an idea the angles I had. Coldplay at Metlife Stadium

So, that's probably not very helpful to narrow it down, haha. Honestly, I think either way you choose you will love it. I was practically in the rafters for my first Coldplay show but I was over the moon every second of it.

Thank you dieselbenz for a very informative response. I found it helpful in choosing a seat for the upcoming concert of my favorite band. The seat that I am wanting to buy is actually seen on the picture you provided. I just hope that it is indeed the same in August. I also manage to take a look at your photos, it was nice, so is it allowed to bring a DSLR or Mirrorless camera?. I became more excited. Thanks again! :)

• Like 1

Thank you dieselbenz for a very informative response. I found it helpful in choosing a seat for the upcoming concert of my favorite band. The seat that I am wanting to buy is actually seen on the picture you provided. I just hope that it is indeed the same in August. I also manage to take a look at your photos, it was nice, so is it allowed to bring a DSLR or Mirrorless camera?. I became more excited. Thanks again! :)

Glad the photo could help! Hopefully the layout will be the same; it appears to be on the chart they have on TM now, but of course it's hard to know for sure. Unfortunately they will most likely not allow a DSLR or mirrorless camera in ... the distinction they usually go by is that it is only allowed in if it has a non-detachable lens. Mine is a Nikon P500 so it's still considered a point-and-shoot or compact camera since the lens does not come off.

Glad the photo could help! Hopefully the layout will be the same; it appears to be on the chart they have on TM now, but of course it's hard to know for sure. Unfortunately they will most likely not allow a DSLR or mirrorless camera in ... the distinction they usually go by is that it is only allowed in if it has a non-detachable lens. Mine is a Nikon P500 so it's still considered a point-and-shoot or compact camera since the lens does not come off.

Mine is canon EOS, jeez that lens is detachable. :( That means no point of bringing it, I really want to capture the moment clearly and I'm very hopeful with my cam.

Off-topic, but I have the P510, and it's the best camera ever!! Just bought the Nikon B700 which has 4 more megapixels and 150% the zoom of my P510, and I had to return it because the image quality was worse than my P510!

• Like 1

Off-topic, but I have the P510, and it's the best camera ever!! Just bought the Nikon B700 which has 4 more megapixels and 150% the zoom of my P510, and I had to return it because the image quality was worse than my P510!

Nice! I'll have to look into that one. The P500 is my mom's which she generously lets me steal all the time, but I've been thinking of getting my own. Not sure if I want that model exactly or something similar. The zoom is amazing but I struggle to get sharp images in concert lighting. It's hard to tell what's my shortcoming and what's the camera's shortcoming, haha. I think I just need to better learn how to use the settings (I haven't really figured out ISO yet). It's hard because I never want to spend time during a show fiddling with settings, you know? Overall I have a good time with this one though. With all the zoom if nothing else it makes a great set of binoculars haha. My biggest issue with it is the I stability on videos when zoomed. I have tremors so that's not really the camera's fault, bit even so, I struggle with it much more than I think I should. Overall I love having it though. And it wasn't insanely pricey. My dad and I bought it for my mom as a gift and I don't recall it being crazy priced. It's really nice for other stuff I do like car shows or just nature or cat pictures.

Nice! I'll have to look into that one. The P500 is my mom's which she generously lets me steal all the time, but I've been thinking of getting my own. Not sure if I want that model exactly or something similar. The zoom is amazing but I struggle to get sharp images in concert lighting. It's hard to tell what's my shortcoming and what's the camera's shortcoming, haha. I think I just need to better learn how to use the settings (I haven't really figured out ISO yet). It's hard because I never want to spend time during a show fiddling with settings, you know? Overall I have a good time with this one though. With all the zoom if nothing else it makes a great set of binoculars haha. My biggest issue with it is the I stability on videos when zoomed. I have tremors so that's not really the camera's fault, bit even so, I struggle with it much more than I think I should. Overall I love having it though. And it wasn't insanely pricey. My dad and I bought it for my mom as a gift and I don't recall it being crazy priced. It's really nice for other stuff I do like car shows or just nature or cat pictures.

Yeah I usually just use it on auto mode since I don't know how to use that ISO stuff either. I do find it struggles in low light though. And the zoom is amazing! I mainly use it to take pictures of objects from 1,000 to 40,000 feet away and moving at 60-500 miles per hour, namely airplanes, and it does a great job!

Edit: I took the B700 I bought to the Denver Auto Show, and the pictures it took were amazing, but the pictures of airplanes just didn't make the cut.

• Like 1

dieselbenz, another question the number "1" on the corner of each section shown on the ticketmaster which indicates where the numbering starts are for ROWS? or SEATS?. I'm just really curious. thanks.

Detachable/not and also the length of the lens is important. I remember something about the length being in MetLife's official regulations for the show last year.

Interesting ... mine has as much of a lens as a point and shoot can, but they didn't question it at all either night. I'll have to double check the regulations next time. For me it's not that big a deal either way because I can just take it back to the car if they give me trouble but for anyone who doesn't have a car to stow it, might not want to risk.

dieselbenz, another question the number "1" on the corner of each section shown on the ticketmaster which indicates where the numbering starts are for ROWS? or SEATS?. I'm just really curious. thanks.

The "1" usually indicates row 1, seat 1. So according to the MetLife chart, the sections start seat numbering toward the middle of the field and go outward. Caveat is that these charts are not always right, sometimes TM just throws something up there based on previous shows or a basic template.

Yeah I usually just use it on auto mode since I don't know how to use that ISO stuff either. I do find it struggles in low light though. And the zoom is amazing! I mainly use it to take pictures of objects from 1,000 to 40,000 feet away and moving at 60-500 miles per hour, namely airplanes, and it does a great job!

Edit: I took the B700 I bought to the Denver Auto Show, and the pictures it took were amazing, but the pictures of airplanes just didn't make the cut.

I started using shutter priority for concerts just because auto was not giving me high enough shutter speed and everything was blurry (with a few exceptions where the lighting was amazing). I try to put the speed as high as I can without the photo coming out super dark, and if it's a little dark I lighten it later. But I definitely haven't mastered it. I'm not the greatest photographer between my lack of knowledge and jerky hands, but I just like trying here and there. I'll have to try something in daylight sometime ... I did try it at a horse track once but it was a really overcast day and I didn't have much luck.

• Like 1

I started using shutter priority for concerts just because auto was not giving me high enough shutter speed and everything was blurry (with a few exceptions where the lighting was amazing). I try to put the speed as high as I can without the photo coming out super dark, and if it's a little dark I lighten it later. But I definitely haven't mastered it. I'm not the greatest photographer between my lack of knowledge and jerky hands, but I just like trying here and there. I'll have to try something in daylight sometime ... I did try it at a horse track once but it was a really overcast day and I didn't have much luck.

Thanks, I'll have to try using the shutter priority!