✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2017-08-04] Gillette Stadium, Boston, MA

AMDB9

Good morning. We’re very pleased to announce the first 2017 North American shows for the A Head Full Of Dreams Tour – including the band’s first Canadian shows in five years. The dates are as follows:

Fri Aug 04 – Boston, MA – Gillette Stadium

Tickets go on general sale on Saturday, Oct 15 at 10am local time, apart from Montreal (Oct 15, 12noon) and Miami (Oct 21, 10am).

Support: AlunaGeorge and Izzy Bizu

Kinda bummed I didn't get any pre-sale love from coldplay.com, even though I've subscribed to their newsletter for over 10 years.

Either way, I was able to get some this morning. I just moved to the US and this is my first first experience with stadium concerts here. I was really surprised/chocked to see:

1. It's all sectioned. There are so many options to chose from, when you're getting tickets it's ridiculous.
  2. How expensive it is. The A1 section tickets (closest to the stage) was $750 in Boston!
  3. F*cking ticket master. Their experience is horrible and so many fees.

Am I alone in this?

• Like 2

Kinda bummed I didn't get any pre-sale love from coldplay.com, even though I've subscribed to their newsletter for over 10 years.

Either way, I was able to get some this morning. I just moved to the US and this is my first first experience with stadium concerts here. I was really surprised/chocked to see:

1. It's all sectioned. There are so many options to chose from, when you're getting tickets it's ridiculous.
  2. How expensive it is. The A1 section tickets (closest to the stage) was $750 in Boston!
  3. F*cking ticket master. Their experience is horrible and so many fees.

Am I alone in this?

I went to two US shows last year and I can only say you are not alone, everybody feels this way !

• Like 1

I went to two US shows last year and I can only say you are not alone, everybody feels this way !

Yeah, honestly this is why I didn't go to more shows on the MX tour ... I just finds the whole seated process so stressful in terms of cost, picking a good seat, and half the time paying a lot to not have the greatest view. Of course, I had so much fun anyway at the two I did do, I wished I'd done more despite it. So this time I just embraced whatever view I got and tried to budget for the cost (helps I just got a job now, and back then I had just lost one!). But yeah, I really really wish we just had GA floor here like in other countries.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to this show because I missed the first one at Gillette. I'm a bit apprehensive, though. I've driven from NYC to Foxboro in the past (for U2 and Taylor Swift), and it's an absolute nightmare- especially during the summer. It takes me over FIVE hours to drive through Connecticut and Rhode Island to get to Foxboro. It's ridiculous.

Can anyone tell me what the first Gillette show was like this past summer?

I'm going to this show because I missed the first one at Gillette. I'm a bit apprehensive, though. I've driven from NYC to Foxboro in the past (for U2 and Taylor Swift), and it's an absolute nightmare- especially during the summer. It takes me over FIVE hours to drive through Connecticut and Rhode Island to get to Foxboro. It's ridiculous.

Can anyone tell me what the first Gillette show was like this past summer?

Can't you go to MetLife ?

I was at the last Gillette show, it was normal like any other Coldplay show of this tour. Is there something in particular you wanna know ?

Can't you go to MetLife ?

I was at the last Gillette show, it was normal like any other Coldplay show of this tour. Is there something in particular you wanna know ?

Well, I want to experience Coldplay in different cities, like I did with U2 on the 360 Tour.:bucktooth: I've already made plans to see them in Foxboro, DC (biggest stadium in the NFL), Minneapolis (brand-new stadium), and Vancouver (seeing a concert in Western Canada for the first time). I might have to give up seeing them in Houston due to prior commitments.

I want to see if the crowds in the Boston area are as rowdy as the crowds in the NYC area are.:cool:

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Good morning. We’re very pleased to announce the first 2017 North American shows for the A Head Full Of Dreams Tour – including the band’s first Canadian shows in five years. The dates are as follows:

Tickets go on general sale on Saturday, Oct 15 at 10am local time, apart from Montreal (Oct 15, 12noon) and Miami (Oct 21, 10am).

anyone looking for a ride to Gillette Skedaddle has a bus route on their site from downtown Boston to Gillette and back. Here is the link if anyone wants to join: https://www.letskedaddle.com/events/8375

• Like 1

• 1 month later...