✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Very Disappointed Southeastern U.S. Fan

I just wanted to post and see if there is anyone out there who is feeling the same sadness I am about these North American Tour locations. I am just very disappointed there have been absolutely no dates anywhere near me on this tour. I am near Atlanta and I have never seen a tour that has not come within at least a respectable driving distance city from me. They have announced absolutely nothing in the Southeastern U.S. (Miami, but that's just as far as across the country from me). So it looks like I will be missing a Coldplay tour entirely for the first time ever, which is very unfortunate. Especially considering this is more than likely their last large, all the bells and whistles tour. I just cannot reason spending the 600-700 on airfare and another 300-500 for decent tickets plus the cost of hotel (For my wife and I). I have been checking so often over the last year to hope and pray for new dates somewhere near me, but had no luck. When they announced the second leg of the North American Tour and I saw that it was essentially the SAME cities they hit the first leg, I nearly lost my mind! Come on boys, your first real welcoming American gig was in Atlanta, we deserve a spot on the tour!

Sincerely, your biggest fan in Georgia! :(

• Like 2

I'm very sorry to read that. I understand that you're disappointed, but still I think that United States in general is in privileged position. You guys get so many Coldplay concerts. Think about going to another city tho. I know that it's not quite accurate to compare United States to Poland, but when Coldplay finally got there 3 weeks ago, people from all over the country came to this one place because we only had this one show in Poland. Not even to mention people from other countries that came to Poland for this concert. People from Ukraine, who never had a chance to see Coldplay in their own country, people from Czech Republic who were completely ignored regarding this tour. So, really If this is your dream, try to attend the concert that is closest to your location and remember that there are people out there who were never able to even attend Coldplay concert in their own country.

• Like 1

I'm very sorry to read that. I understand that you're disappointed, but still I think that United States in general is in privileged position. You guys get so many Coldplay concerts. Think about going to another city tho. I know that it's not quite accurate to compare United States to Poland, but when Coldplay finally got there 3 weeks ago, people from all over the country came to this one place because we only had this one show in Poland. Not even to mention people from other countries that came to Poland for this concert. People from Ukraine, who never had a chance to see Coldplay in their own country, people from Czech Republic who were completely ignored regarding this tour. So, really If this is your dream, try to attend the concert that is closest to your location and remember that there are people out there who were never able to even attend Coldplay concert in their own country.

Bear in mind the size of the US and that our public transportation is not nearly as good or affordable as Europe's (our rail system is limited and there aren't many cheap flights). Of course there are places in the world far worse off, but nonetheless I understand why Southeastern US folk get upset. Personally I am always willing and often eager to travel for concerts, but I recognize that is a unique position I'm lucky to be in that my life is that flexible and I have enough money. A lot of people don't have that.

That said, @Chandlerhall16 , I would encourage you to give the thought of travel a good look, especially if you've never missed a tour ... I wouldn't want to break that tradition personally. Maybe check out Amtrak to Miami or DC. For sure if you really can't afford it, don't do it ... but if it's just that you feel silly spending that much money on a concert, I'd reconsider. Concerts are a perfectly legit reason to travel and see new places, imo. I wish I'd known when I was younger that it was OK to treat myself to a concert or spend money on myself, I never did anything and missed all the early years of the band's touring because I thought I shouldn't spend money/time/etc on entertainment (I even live where they played a ton, very sad).

• Like 2

Bear in mind the size of the US and that our public transportation is not nearly as good or affordable as Europe's (our rail system is limited and there aren't many cheap flights). Of course there are places in the world far worse off, but nonetheless I understand why Southeastern US folk get upset. Personally I am always willing and often eager to travel for concerts, but I recognize that is a unique position I'm lucky to be in that my life is that flexible and I have enough money. A lot of people don't have that.

As I mentioned, maybe it's not a good example to compare Europe with United States, but still If he really cares and if he can, than he should go because other people may not have as many opportunities as he has. I hope this will convince CHANDLERHALL16 to go ;)

• Like 1

I had you guys in mind (other countries who aren't as fortunate with tour dates) as soon as I hit submit! I'm glad you wrote what you did and kind of put things in perspective for me. Your message was well intended and definitely has made an impact on whether or not I'll bite the bullet and travel to see the boys one last time on the grand stadium stage. By made an impact, I mean I'm probably going to do it!!! I'm thinking Boston for a concert and a Red Sox game the following night? Why not! Now to convince the wife...

Much love.

• Like 2

Thanks for the reply, I could definitely swing it financially it's just that silly feeling you were referring to. I am on the fence with all the reasons you listed, almost to a T. I am also that young age (26) you were referring to when you didn't go, thanks for sharing and I think I'm going to commit and just go for it. Life is for living a wise man once said.

Much regards, Chandler

• Like 4

That said, @Chandlerhall16 , I would encourage you to give the thought of travel a good look, especially if you've never missed a tour ... I wouldn't want to break that tradition personally. Maybe check out Amtrak to Miami or DC. For sure if you really can't afford it, don't do it ... but if it's just that you feel silly spending that much money on a concert, I'd reconsider. Concerts are a perfectly legit reason to travel and see new places, imo. I wish I'd known when I was younger that it was OK to treat myself to a concert or spend money on myself, I never did anything and missed all the early years of the band's touring because I thought I shouldn't spend money/time/etc on entertainment (I even live where they played a ton, very sad).

See above reply

Thanks for the reply, I could definitely swing it financially it's just that silly feeling you were referring to. I am on the fence with all the reasons you listed, almost to a T. I am also that young age (26) you were referring to when you didn't go, thanks for sharing and I think I'm going to commit and just go for it. Life is for living a wise man once said.

Much regards, Chandler

That's great you're going to try to make it happen; I think you won't regret it. After a lot of years of not doing anything, as I mentioned above, I started travelling to concerts when I was about 30 (by then I was into some other bands but same sort of situation), and it really opened my world up in many ways. Not only do you get to see the concert, you get to see a new place and meet new people ... even if it's a short stay. Your idea of going to Boston and seeing a Sox game is an awesome one ... Fenway Park is bucket-list material! I hope you can make it work and have a great time. Just don't feel guilty spending money on a concert ... some people spend money on Disneyland, some go to beach resorts or travel to play golf ... at the end of the day you are paying for an experience and adventure that involves something you love!

And you are right @buckinglory, that it is good to keep perspective on how many people don't get these chances at all and that when we get them, we should seize them for sure. I do always remind myself that if I have a moment where I feel like I wish this or that were on the setlist or my seats were better, I stop myself and think how incredibly lucky I am to be at a concert and what a privilege it is to see Coldplay. Many people don't get the chance, and who knows how many more chances any of us have?

• Like 1

I'm glad that my reply convinces you a bit :). And Boston is a great city. If money is not a problem than stay there a bit longer and do some sightseeing. Personally I love Boston and i deeply regret that I've been there for only two days :). Also Red Sox game sounds cool. I'm not sure if this will appeal to your wife as well lol, but why not! Go for it if you can. You definitely won't regret going to Coldplay concert. It's magical and so worth every money. You can only regret not going, remember that :).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have to agree. I have had the privilege of seeing them twice this tour so far and going once more in the upcoming North American leg, but no New Orleans, Memphis, Atlanta, Birmingham, Tampa, Nashville, Charlotte, etc. is highly disappointing, especially when they have held Atlanta in such high regards in the past having chosen it as one of the few cities in the world of what I call the MX pre-tour for Music Midtown.

I really thought their break from late August to late September would render some Southeast dates, but to no avail. And I understand those all over the world thinking the US is lucky, but this area is much bigger than several European countries put together... (and I understand, I went to Milan for show 2 a month ago). I would love to see them again in New Orleans, a city they have only been to once (I believe) which is one of the most musical cities in the U.S.

• Like 1

I'm in Atlanta, GA too and I feel your pain!! They used to come here every tour, now nothing. :(

Last year I went to Louisville and got a decent flight to Pittsburgh. I volunteered with Oxfam so my ticket was free, but it's still a lot of $$. I really want to get close floor seats and since I'm short, I'd like them to be on the edges so I can see the stage, but in places like Omaha, they're over $1,000!!! So crazy! None of these other US locations are cheap flight worthy from ATL. Maybe Miami, but those prices are super expensive as well, and coming from so far out of town I'd like to have great seats but not max out my credit card.

Whenever I listen to the music I'm like It's cool, it's worth it, but I get on Ticketmaster and am disgusted by the resales. UGHH

Come on.......don't give up ,I have also wait many years to see them ,there come one day that you going to see them,and like other people say,think about it to go to another country,I read on facebook that people traveling to a concert and they are 8 ours on there way,it's long I know.But one day is it your turn,keep that in mind. ;)

• Like 1

I'm in Atlanta, GA too and I feel your pain!! They used to come here every tour, now nothing. :(

Last year I went to Louisville and got a decent flight to Pittsburgh. I volunteered with Oxfam so my ticket was free, but it's still a lot of $$. I really want to get close floor seats and since I'm short, I'd like them to be on the edges so I can see the stage, but in places like Omaha, they're over $1,000!!! So crazy! None of these other US locations are cheap flight worthy from ATL. Maybe Miami, but those prices are super expensive as well, and coming from so far out of town I'd like to have great seats but not max out my credit card.

Whenever I listen to the music I'm like It's cool, it's worth it, but I get on Ticketmaster and am disgusted by the resales. UGHH

I did some investigation, and I have an interesting theory about Atlanta. Most of this tour is a stadium tour and Atlanta would be a city that could host Coldplay in a stadium - HOWEVER, the Georgia Dome was not accepting anymore events and Mercedes-Benz was not prepared to allow an event at the time of scheduling (Garth Brooks I believe is the first show there, but that was not announced until June of this year). Another example is U2 not coming to Atlanta due to the same problem.

But that would should not have stopped them from an arena show like they are doing in Cleveland, Kansas City, etc.... I also thought the Music Midtown fest fit perfect in their schedule, but alas, they didn't show up when the headliners were announced recently.

I understand how you feel... Coldplay has always visited my city in every single tour but this time they didn't. I was really disappointed because this was the first tour they do since I am a huge and crazy fan haha. However, last year I travelled to another city to see them and I can say it was one of the best decisions I ever made. So if you have enough money and you have someone to go with, just do it. It's totally worth it. I would have done the same thing this year, but finally I didn't have someone to go with... besides, I still live with my parents and they obviously don't like the idea, so didn't do anything after all... and now I regret it very much. What I'm trying to say is this: we regret more the things we don't do than the things we do... so go for it if you can :)

• Like 1

I did some investigation, and I have an interesting theory about Atlanta. Most of this tour is a stadium tour and Atlanta would be a city that could host Coldplay in a stadium - HOWEVER, the Georgia Dome was not accepting anymore events and Mercedes-Benz was not prepared to allow an event at the time of scheduling (Garth Brooks I believe is the first show there, but that was not announced until June of this year). Another example is U2 not coming to Atlanta due to the same problem.

But that would should not have stopped them from an arena show like they are doing in Cleveland, Kansas City, etc.... I also thought the Music Midtown fest fit perfect in their schedule, but alas, they didn't show up when the headliners were announced recently.

Yeah, it's definitely true about the Dome + new stadium construction. But they've played in Phillips Arena before, so I don't know why they won't come back. Plus there's gotta be other stadiums in the south east other than just Miami. They picked the furthest point away from everyone. :sob::sob::sob:

• 2 weeks later...
I moved to Hawaii last year. They have never come here, and most likely never will. So I have to suck it up and travel 2500 miles to see them in Portland, OR and in Los Angeles.

Aww!!! Do a lot of people go to Hawaii? I'm trying to go to CA for all their dates, but I can't find any good tickets that won't max out my credit card!!

Aww!!! Do a lot of people go to Hawaii? I'm trying to go to CA for all their dates, but I can't find any good tickets that won't max out my credit card!!

Unfortunately, music here pretty much stinks...well, unless you want to see a band/artist who was popular 40 years ago. We've seen Sting, Ringo Starr and his All Star Band, Santana, Journey. I'm dying here. Jack Johnson did a benefit concert a week and a half ago, so that was good. And we did see Kaleo at a super small venue, called The Republic, oh we also saw Third Eye Blind there. But bands that I really like? Mumford and Sons, Imagine Dragons, Ed Sheeran, or anyone who has been making music this century? Sadly lacking... But hey, it's Hawaii...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
With the news that Houston may be "rescheduled" perhaps a few more venues (in the Southeast) could be in line for a show?!?

I am hoping this will happen. I am hoping this whole time Coldplay has planned to announce an Atlanta show to where they can perform in the new stadium.

• Like 1