✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplaying App Beta

stephen

• Administrators

The Coldplaying App has been neglected for some time but is now very close to being finished. Thanks to some kind donations we have been able to produce a public beta version of the app for Android with IOS coming soon.

The new app uses an improved but similar layout to the previous version and contains a few new features that should make the experience much better.

The beta signup is available here: http://bit.ly/ColdplayingBetaA

Please leave feedback below so we can work on making the app better!

• Like 2

I have tested the new app by doing several actions:

- making a new thread

- adding pictures (and used the edit function while doing so, I like that function! :)

- posting, replying, quoting...

all worked fine, no crashes, performance is OK.

There are some things I noticed that might need improvement:

When starting a new discussion, there is this large list of subforums, alphabetically ordered (so that is fine), it is a bit confusing to which actual topic they belong. So maybe divide those in like head forum topics and than after selecting that going down in the hierarchy (am I making sense? :D)

There is this option to hide a post that you don't want to see, I used it. Is there an option somewhere to return it? :D

On the TRENDING tab:

- the name of the original poster is shown instead of the name of the last poster. This is the opposite in the main tab.

- threads that have been read are still shown as unread, despite the option to grey them is active (works in the main tab)

The search function still is not working very well. It seems only to look in thread lists?

And a long existing request: the old Coldplaying forum emoji's are not there. [emoji14]

There is 1 thing that I noticed that doesn't work, but I'm not sure if that works in the old app:

when selecting "Downloads" in the pull down menu, I'm directed to the browser version. There I get the error that I don't have the permission to perform this action, despite being logged on over there too.

Overall I like this new app and it has a few nice features. Well done! :)

• Like 3

Do you still need donations?

I've downloaded the app and so far is good. I opened the news and gallery sections and they work fine. With the app it's easier to upload pics. If I find something missing or not working I'll let you know.

• Like 1

Something I noticed yesterday when we were having the Coldplay Listening Party:

I was posting in that thread together with other members. But I didn't see their posts.

I constantly refreshed by pulling down the list, going back and forward with the arrows.

It only refreshed by going out of the thread AND refreshing the thread list (pulling down).

Is this a bug?

It's hard to test on my own. [emoji16]

Btw, is there maybe a list of things you'd like us to test? Having different types of phones, Android/IOS versions... That could be an interesting thing to do.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I've lost the timeline section completely. The first time I uninstalled and installed and everything was ok, but now even after the reinstallation it is gone. The only thing I get is a "No Topics" sign. And the search isn't working or it is very slow.

Hope I helped, if you have any questions about the bugs feel free to ask me more [uSER=100956]@Stephen[/uSER]

BTW I use the android beta app on Galaxy S6 Android 7.0

I've lost the timeline section completely. The first time I uninstalled and installed and everything was ok, but now even after the reinstallation it is gone. The only thing I get is a "No Topics" sign. And the search isn't working or it is very slow.

Hope I helped, if you have any questions about the bugs feel free to ask me more [uSER=100956]@Stephen[/uSER]

BTW I use the android beta app on Galaxy S6 Android 7.0

I had the same problem. Glad its fixed :)