✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Lets talk

Gsilva

Thank you for your opinion! Now I see what you mean... It does really makes sense if we take a debut album into consideration. On the other hand, when a recording artist names the following albums after himself or herself, it just suprises me because I still perceive it as an unusual thing. Perhaps I ought to take it for granted from now on... :D

Most frequently unofficial names are those that listeners or fans come up with, if I'm not mistaken?

If it's an already established artist that names an album by his/her/their name it may have the same motivation of "this is me, this is a personal record". That's how I would interpret it at least... I assume it's the fans that come up with the unofficial names, though it wouldn't surprise me if it was the record label's doing. It might be frustrating for the marketing people to sell an album/albums that have no name other than the artists!:D

• Like 1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's an already established artist that names an album by his/her/their name it may have the same motivation of "this is me, this is a personal record". That's how I would interpret it at least... I assume it's the fans that come up with the unofficial names, though it wouldn't surprise me if it was the record label's doing. It might be frustrating for the marketing people to sell an album/albums that have no name other than the artists!:D

I completely agree with you. However, I find it funny when an artist names an album after themselves and announces that "it's a personal record". I mean, aren't all the albums by artists supposed to be personal when they sing the songs and their records bear their stage name? Unless they are given a few tracks by some songwriters or producers to record them just for the sake of despair because they are considered being "possible" hits to cash in... I don't think it really matters whether the lyrics adress something deeply personal or intimate but at least musicians might be able to relate to the words or melodies they are going to sell regardless of where they come from...

• Like 1

I completely agree with you. However, I find it funny when an artist names an album after themselves and announces that "it's a personal record". I mean, aren't all the albums by artists supposed to be personal when they sing the songs and their records bear their stage name? Unless they are given a few tracks by some songwriters or producers to record them just for the sake of despair because they are considered being "possible" hits to cash in... I don't think it really matters whether the lyrics adress something deeply personal or intimate but at least musicians might be able to relate to the words or melodies they are going to sell regardless of where they come from...

Yeah, many artists do make songs primarily about their own life. Then there are artists that put on a persona, a role of some kind that allows them to sing about life without revealing themselves, they don't like to be known that intimately. Chris Martin has said his lyrics are like a musical diary, so it's always personal.

• Like 1

Well I think one of the wonderful things about the time in the world is that there are so many ways to communicate.

The trouble is that not everyone does all the different ways that you can do things. How could you!

So there can be a disconnect where there are just pools of communication...

...and people can get lost in a sea of static...

but maybe people can still find a way to talk!

"Leave a light on" and all that!

love

Freya

• Like 3

Actually, lately I've felt a bit like I'm tired of hanging out with the friends that I have been hanging out with for years. I'd like to make new friends, but I don't want to make friends for the sake of making them. I'm at the point in my life where I only want to make friends with people who I really vibe with/have the same interests.

Idk if anyone else has ever felt the same.

I have and I still do tbh :/

I can't help myself but have already been feeling kind of down, disappointed and frustrated in the past few days that I couldn't attend the concert of one of my favourite musicians this Monday because of school and the distance between the city where the event took place and the town I live in... I really wish I had been able to go there and see him performing.

Nowadays whatever I do to keep myself busy and think about something else I just don't seem to get distracted and most times I find myself again in this state. Never ever have I ever felt this low... I guess I'm feeling this way with no signs of fast recovery since this is the very first time it has ever happened to me.

• Like 1

I can't help myself but have already been feeling kind of down, disappointed and frustrated in the past few days that I couldn't attend the concert of one of my favourite musicians this Monday because of school and the distance between the city where the event took place and the town I live in... I really wish I had been able to go there and see him performing.

Nowadays whatever I do to keep myself busy and think about something else I just don't seem to get distracted and most times I find myself again in this state. Never ever have I ever felt this low... I guess I'm feeling this way with no signs of fast recovery since this is the very first time it has ever happened to me.

Don't lose hope just yet! You might get to see them some day! Just think of the bright side.

• Like 2

Actually, lately I've felt a bit like I'm tired of hanging out with the friends that I have been hanging out with for years. I'd like to make new friends, but I don't want to make friends for the sake of making them. I'm at the point in my life where I only want to make friends with people who I really vibe with/have the same interests.

Idk if anyone else has ever felt the same.

I’m also having the same issue as of right now. Sometimes I feel like my friends are too immature. I want to have real friends that can have fun and a good time, but are also capable of holding a conversation about the world . Maybe it’s just me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I've lost a friend and I've been trying to contact him. I know he is into Coldplay and so I'm just going to post here because I've failed the other ways I've tried.

I wanted to say If you are really struggling with things then I will try and be there for you so you can sort your head out a bit. Drop me a line! Lets Talk!

I still have a sense of humour, even after everything that's happened.

It helps me out when things are hard...

...but maybe I should be more careful.

Careless talk costs lives... I know all about that.

and maybe I should be careful about recycled jokes too! ;0

So I wanted to say that there are a lot of things that have been said...

...and I know that there are different sides and different opinions and stuff....

but I don't want to just hear things third hand... because I've been at the rough end of that a lot too. If you want to talk to me, or need to talk to me for that matter. I've given you a way to do that over and over. So send me a postcard or something!

I'm now sitting here listening to a song called "bird in the cage" or thats the main lyric.

I don't like when birds are in cages.

They should be free to fly. (Like butterflies!)

It makes me think of "I know why the caged bird sings"

and of course all those coldplay songs with birds in the lyrics!

I want to say thanks to the people who have sent me nice messages on the forum... and stuff.

I'm going through a lot at the mo... dealing with things and..

I've seen so many people doing amazing things lately.

I want to say I really appreciate those incredible things that people have done.

I've been shocked to the core at how much people can do.

I mean peoples ability to understand not the other stuff! ;)

You all made me laugh and cry many times....

...and the times are difficult.

I want to say thankyou to you all somehow but I don't have a great way to do that right now.

I have to do some things because I'm running out of time so I will probably be around less but I hope to be around and I'm really not that hard to find if someone really wants to.

It's a hot day in london so I'm off to have a cold drink of fizzy pop... or some fruit juice or something.

To EVERYONE.... Take Care and Stay Safe.

love

Freya

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to talk.

That's what I've been trying to do.

A lot of stuff happened.

I don't understand a lot of it.

Your reasons why?

There will have been reasons I'm sure but I don't know.

Theres stuff I know and stuff I don't know.

I expect you don't know things too.

That's what I really wanted to do.

To talk.

I've been trying to find a way to do that.

I'm not in a good situation for that.

Sometimes I don't have the power. ;)

Sometimes I don't have internet access.

I know everyones talking about the other stuff...

...and I understand why...

...but I wanted to talk about how everything came to be...

...and everything that happened.

I always try to stay positive if I can and to keep a smile on that face.

Yeah I cry a lot too.... Sorry...

I've been through a lot and I'm still going through a lot.

I've reached out a lot and not with hostility.

I hope you can see that amongst all the stuff that's going on.

It's often a struggle to get a message out.

It's like that more and more now.

It would be good if everyone could get together and find a good way to just talk about things.

Face to Face can be a good thing.

I'm not sure all the internet ways of doing things are good when it's something serious or complicated.

Or when people don't really know whats going on.

I would say there has to be a better way than the way people are doing things.

Maybe you can find a way to reach out and talk too.

love

Freya

• 2 months later...
I'm regretting that I didn't watch the live broadcast of a sporting event earlier. Thought watching a recorded broadcast would be satisfying enough as compensation but it didn't feel right at all. It was completety odd... Is it only me or do anyone else prefer live to recorded broadcasts?

I hate having to record my favorite sports teams. Live is so much better. Plus my phone usually spoils the game for me whether it's a text from someone or a notification.

Would it happen to be the Man City match you wanted to watch? Lol

• Like 1

Yes, I agree with you. Recorded broadcasts don't raise the same excitement and thrill as the live ones because there have already been results revealed which kind of puts me off. :confused:

No, it wouldn't, unfortunately. I missed the men's pursuit race in biathlon today that was held in Hochfilzen, Austria. You're into football, right?

• Like 1

Yes, I agree with you. Recorded broadcasts don't raise the same excitement and thrill as the live ones because there have already been results revealed which kind of puts me off. :confused:

No, it wouldn't, unfortunately. I missed the men's pursuit race in biathlon today that was held in Hochfilzen, Austria. You're into football, right?

Yea! I'm from the U.S. but I started to get really into the EPL around 6 years ago and I love Arsenal.

• Like 1