✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Lets talk

Gsilva

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, lately I've felt a bit like I'm tired of hanging out with the friends that I have been hanging out with for years. I'd like to make new friends, but I don't want to make friends for the sake of making them. I'm at the point in my life where I only want to make friends with people who I really vibe with/have the same interests.

Idk if anyone else has ever felt the same.

• Like 4

Actually, lately I've felt a bit like I'm tired of hanging out with the friends that I have been hanging out with for years. I'd like to make new friends, but I don't want to make friends for the sake of making them. I'm at the point in my life where I only want to make friends with people who I really vibe with/have the same interests.

Idk if anyone else has ever felt the same.

Yeah I know what you mean. Are there some possible people you'd have similar interests with?

Yeah I know what you mean. Are there some possible people you'd have similar interests with?

Idk I'm in a weird spot, as I'm graduating college in a year or so.

I've always been happy hanging out with my friends, and still am, but I just feel like I need something different.

My point is that this feeling kind of came suddenly and I don't really know why it has... I suppose just as you get older you naturally seek new and different things.

• Like 1

Hey, all. I doubt anybody here remembers me, but I'm back. :neutral: Wow, has it been a long time!

I got a little bored with Coldplay. I kind of outgrew the band I had listened to all the time for about 5 years straight. Recently started listening regularly again for the first time in about a year and a half and I think it's safe to say I'm falling back in love with them. ;) Plus, life came up, I changed, my interests changed, etc. Went through an angsty, depressed phase during my first year of college, which was when I was last active here. Said a lot of things I regret to people I cared about.

But alas, I'm alive. :relieved: Just finishing up sophomore year at the moment. Have one more final exam to take and then I'm done.

• Like 7

Hey, all. I doubt anybody here remembers me, but I'm back. :neutral: Wow, has it been a long time!

I got a little bored with Coldplay. I kind of outgrew the band I had listened to all the time for about 5 years straight. Recently started listening regularly again for the first time in about a year and a half and I think it's safe to say I'm falling back in love with them. ;) Plus, life came up, I changed, my interests changed, etc. Went through an angsty, depressed phase during my first year of college, which was when I was last active here. Said a lot of things I regret to people I cared about.

But alas, I'm alive. :relieved: Just finishing up sophomore year at the moment. Have one more final exam to take and then I'm done.

Welcome back!!! I remember you @42Escapist

• Like 2

So good to see you back !!

• Like 1

I have this disturbing idea that in this age of electronic communication, people don't read their post.

It could be that everyone has mail and nobody has checked for so long nobody would believe.

There is still something beautiful about paper.

I'm not sure what is deeper... your post or Chris's voice in Yes. ;)

For real, though. I feel so old fashioned for a millennial. I love paper mail. I love CDs. I love old VHS tapes my family still has.

• Like 5

For real, though. I feel so old fashioned for a millennial. I love paper mail. I love CDs. I love old VHS tapes my family still has.

I'm 25 and feel the same way ! I like printing out things to read and holding actual paperback books in the hand rather than e-books. And I love and collect CDs.

• Like 5

What a nice talk here! From a very long time ago, I was a rather active member here,... It has been years and I forgot my nickname an so on.. Now, late at night, I remember this website ..and I remember all the things that happened through the years. It has been challenging sometimes. I changed - and my taste in music too. But I'm still in love with Coldplay's first songs. It's fine to realize being in a transition, I start to empathize with my younger self, rather than being hypercritical of myself most of the time. ..

I still like listening Coldplay's songs mostly in my car. I just have to drive, the motion is easy to handle. I appreciate all of my old CD's, all these scratches on the shell...

Well, that's all I need to say for today - good night. :)

• Like 5

What a nice talk here! From a very long time ago, I was a rather active member here,... It has been years and I forgot my nickname an so on.. Now, late at night, I remember this website ..and I remember all the things that happened through the years. It has been challenging sometimes. I changed - and my taste in music too. But I'm still in love with Coldplay's first songs. It's fine to realize being in a transition, I start to empathize with my younger self, rather than being hypercritical of myself most of the time. ..

I still like listening Coldplay's songs mostly in my car. I just have to drive, the motion is easy to handle. I appreciate all of my old CD's, all these scratches on the shell...

Well, that's all I need to say for today - good night. :)

Welcome back, my fellow returning member!

As I've looked back into the music of Coldplay and fallen in love with it again, I've come to appreciate it in ways I didn't really appreciate it before. I may have always had a preference for "Oldplay," but something about Ghost Stories makes it perfect studying music for me. Very calm and introspective, with plenty of beautiful melodies. Especially stuff like Always in My Head, Midnight, Another's Arms, and Oceans.

• Like 1

I actually like Vinyl! I used to have a big record collection before I was driven out of my house in Leeds, when I lost it all.

There is something about vinyl. It's like a tea ceremony or something, the whole thing of putting the record on the turntable and dropping the needle and the surface noise on the lead in.

Beautiful!

I only got a CD of parachutes a few months back so I'm about 19 years too late or something!

I didn't listen to Coldplay for a long time because I felt sad and it made me cry so I was missing out.

Now I have the first 3 CD's. I want a copy of Ghost Stories as I really like that album but I don't have it yet.

I'm new here so thanks for the likes folks! :)

love

Freya

• Like 4

I've got a question with no answer yet. I've always thought that if a musician names his album after themselves, it's a self-titled album. However, I was reading an article, which claimed that an album with the same name as the artist, who had released it, is a nameless album. Does it mean that the term self-titled equals nameless in this case or not? Or did I misunderstand the point and learn the meaning of those words wrong?

• Like 1

I've got a question with no answer yet. I've always thought that if a musician names his album after themselves, it's a self-titled album. However, I was reading an article, which claimed that an album with the same name as the artist, who had released it, is a nameless album. Does it mean that the term self-titled equals nameless in this case or not? Or did I misunderstand the point and learn the meaning of those words wrong?
Now im confused too.

Enviado do meu ALE-L21 através do Tapatalk

• Like 1

I actually like Vinyl! I used to have a big record collection before I was driven out of my house in Leeds, when I lost it all.

There is something about vinyl. It's like a tea ceremony or something, the whole thing of putting the record on the turntable and dropping the needle and the surface noise on the lead in.

Beautiful!

I only got a CD of parachutes a few months back so I'm about 19 years too late or something!

I didn't listen to Coldplay for a long time because I felt sad and it made me cry so I was missing out.

Now I have the first 3 CD's. I want a copy of Ghost Stories as I really like that album but I don't have it yet.

I'm new here so thanks for the likes folks! :)

love

Freya

Welcome to the forums !

I guess self-titled equals nameless in most cases, but it is a bit confusing. Most self-titled albums are the first albums that artists release and the message in naming them that way is "this is me, this is my music". Then there's Peter Gabriel, whose first FOUR solo albums are named Peter Gabriel. In this case the albums have gotten some unofficial names like Car, Scratch, Melt and Security or numbers 1-4 to separate them from each other.:)

• Like 1

I guess self-titled equals nameless in most cases, but it is a bit confusing. Most self-titled albums are the first albums that artists release and the message in naming them that way is "this is me, this is my music". Then there's Peter Gabriel, whose first FOUR solo albums are named Peter Gabriel. In this case the albums have gotten some unofficial names like Car, Scratch, Melt and Security or numbers 1-4 to separate them from each other.:)
And The Beatles released their self-titled album, their 9th. But everyone refers to it as "The White Album".
  • Like 2

Thank you for your opinion! Now I see what you mean... It does really makes sense if we take a debut album into consideration. On the other hand, when a recording artist names the following albums after himself or herself, it just suprises me because I still perceive it as an unusual thing. Perhaps I ought to take it for granted from now on... :D

Most frequently unofficial names are those that listeners or fans come up with, if I'm not mistaken?

• Like 2