✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Lets talk

Gsilva

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to do forty hours of community service to graduate high school. It ranged from very worthwhile experiences (serving meals at a local soup kitchen) to very boring experiences (shelving books at the library). So I think it depends on what you do, but it's all worth it, just some things more than others if that makes sense.

• Like 1

I had to do forty hours of community service to graduate high school. It ranged from very worthwhile experiences (serving meals at a local soup kitchen) to very boring experiences (shelving books at the library). So I think it depends on what you do, but it's all worth it, just some things more than others if that makes sense.

Wow, that's a compulsory activity regarding your educational system in the US, right? I'm quite fond of that idea though I don't think I would enjoy shelving books in a library... (I've also seen students carrying out community service in High School Musical, LOL.)

• Like 1

Wow, that's a compulsory activity regarding your educational system in the US, right? I'm quite fond of that idea though I don't think I would enjoy shelving books in a library... (I've also seen students carrying out community service in High School Musical, LOL.)

Yeah I think for a lot of people? Haha it was pretty boring...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just finished my first year of college today. It's scary how fast it's all going now....like when I joined these forums I hadn't even started my last year of high school and that doesn't feel like that long ago

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey folks,

I've been planning to reply to your posts for a long time. However each time I tried to do so I wasn't capable of devising anything comprehensive and considered. Now that I've already come up with something of the required qualities I can finally present and express my attitude towards the situation I had to deal with. Moreover I've decided to share the answer in this thread because in the present they would appear to be very out of place in the former thread from my point of view.

Wow, sorry to hear. And glad you are back ! There is no reason to be afraid of sharing your opinion here, as you know this is such a nice forum. But I can understand that it may cause you anxiety. Don't pressure yourself on posting when you don't feel like it.

Thank you for the kind words! Of course it took me a while to return and here I am! In my opinion I used to be very frightened of sharing my opinions due to my notorious overthinking what would happen afterwards. I've learnt that it's often tiring and needless to act that way. I also understand that someone can disagree with me and ignite a heated debate but that's one of the purposes of forums and discussions after all. Apart from that it's clear to me that beforehand I have to realize how my words will affect the others and the perception of me. There's nothing to lose as well if I share a post because I'll have to deal with the potentional aftermaths not before but after publicizing a text. And yes! Emphasis mine. Most of the users I've met on Coldplaying are kind people which makes this forum very nice.

Oh... You got me. It's true that sometimes I used to force myself to share posts as soon as possible even though I didn't fancy it. For unclear and obscure reasons I was under the impression that it was the case of wrongdoing on my part. I felt bad that I didn't join various discussions despite being extremely occupied with my duties and tasks because to me it seemed as the others had been having so much fun while I didn't. A few times I even felt as an outsider because of my inactivity. Therefore I was trying my best to make up for it as much as possible which resulted in feeling burdened and slacking off. In the end I had to take my time to regroup myself and come back feeling more comfortable and more self-confident.

I'm so glad you didn't quit! I know how that worry that something you say online can be taken the wrong way feels but don't worry-your posts are great :)

Thank you a lot for the words! There was a part of me which thought that I couldn't quit the forums for good so suddenly and abruptly because Coldplaying has given me so much that I felt I couldn't only take but deliver something in return! On the other hand it's all lying in my own hands. It's each of us who has to consider their words carefully and thoroughly and express themselves clearly and precisely as much as possible to avoid any misunderstandings and misapprehensions. Provided that someone misunderstands me I have no choice but to clarify and justify my approach. You never know how the others will react. You never know when communication can break down. You never know if someone takes your words out of context and twist them. I suppose it's always better to prepare yourself for a possible war of words once the word is out and all over town You never know when shit happens.

Oh well... Thank you! I'll take that as a compliment. Seriously every now and then I believe that some of my posts are truly atrocious or even shite. But frankly at times I'm proud of some of my posts as they are top-notch and excellent in comparison with the rest.

Damn that's too bad that you went through that phase...... I've had my own anxiety attack phases, none really related to speaking my part publicly, but I know a lot of people struggle with that and it's harsh to hear a cherished forum member like you who I know fairly well has gone through that.

I'm glad you're better now though! :D

By the way, I know we're all different and some things scare us more than what other people might think, but wouldn't being overlooked be better than being scrutinized? At least you wouldn't tell the difference then between people not noticing you and ignoring you :joy:

I also didn't notice your sticker, probably because I took my own long hiatus from the forums myself, just because i got kinda bored of it, that's all. As it died down after the AHFOD era.

Oh... Thank you very much for your words! Naturally I understand that it's not welcome and awful to experience such a phase. However I'm convinced that sometimes one has to hit rock bottom to bounce back! It'd be wonderful if we could live our lives completely without any burdens and suffering(s). But that's not the case. Accordingly in some situations I stick to one of my favourite phrases "it is what it is". Unfortunately sometimes we have no choice but to take it as it comes because there's no way to improve the situation or turn it around. In other cases there is always a solution if we are willing to make a change and rescue ourselves.

Me and a cherished forum member? Wow... I don't think I've ever expected someone to describe me this way before! Seriously I am flattered. Honestly I don't feel that way myself at all. I merely see myself at one out of many. I'm not sure if I happen to stand out or stick out anyhow but so be it. I'm just happy to have been accepted the way I am and staying in this amazing community for so long. It means the world to me. It really does.

Thank you again! But what a journey it was though! I'm partially glad that I went through such a hardship as I've managed to learn a lesson from it.

Sigh... I know what you mean. I'm aware of the fact that sometimes I wish I wasn't visible and noticed. Contrary to that I'd rather be scrutinized than overlooked. In real life there have been moments when I felt as a total outcast. Thus I've already tried to join certain groups or circles just to belong somewhere although subsequently I was fighting more insecurities and simply became more devastated. Ultimately it only takes time to find a right crew or individuals. Furthermore I would dare clam that a certain degree of scrutiny could be helpful and beneficial. I mean supposing that somebody criticizes you vehemently calls you out harshly shames you publicly or does anything similar to you there's always an option to accept it as a form of well-deserved criticism and feedback because that can reveal the genuine and sincere perception of you. It can definitely burst your bubble but I'm sure it's priceless to know how you are perceived. Just carry it out moderately sensibly and reasonably!

Anyway here you are!

[spoiler=The sticker]

0cec9c335a090d6d25b1081857096dbb.thumb.jpg.7027fc7eb5b9b7aa3bd6421c3d0c9931.jpg

And also remember it doesn't really matter if your post gets taken the wrong way, it's the internet, they might just be trolling and in the vast majority of cases it won't matter because you won't ever see them in real life, and there aren't any consequences.

But I also think @M Marks The Spot is a great contributor to the forum, they have nothing to worry about!: D

Hm... I'm not so certain of it to be honest. What's the point in taking anyone else's post the wrong way? If I say something I want it to be understood the right way so the readers would learn correctly what I tried telling them. On the other hand I guess it's completely fine and harmless unless someone grasps your text wrongly and lets you know about that... I presume that then you correct them resolve the misunderstanding and rectify the whole situation. However you're right. It's just the Internet till it's the showdown...

Woah... Me and a great contributor? Umm... That's nice of you. Thank you. I'm flattered again! I'm convinced that I've truly needed a bit of such an acknowledgement of that kind. At least I know that my posts and me are appreciated to a certain extent.

Seriously from the bottom of my heart I thank anyone who has managed to come so far and read it all as that's been an extremely long post. I'm aware of the fact that I could have sounded preachy and appeared to be self-righteous. However I'm glad that I was able to share some of my pearls of wisdom and experience(s) with you because I believe that few of you could relate to me or even learn something new from me. In case some of you might be feeling like a freak and see yourselves in me remember that you're not alone! There are also people who may struggle the same way as you. But that's not a reason to take it for granted. If you find yourselves in an unfavourable situation and want to get out of it then that's a call to arms. You should grab life by the balls shape the life you want with the power of your thoughts and don't ever let life get you down. Happiness lies in your own hands.

Happy New Year.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

• 2 months later...