✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Check out this PODCAST that deep-dives through Coldplay’s discography!

audiozephyr

Hello coldplaying!

I actually posted about this months ago just as we got started, but now ALL the episodes are finally out and binge-ready for your listening pleasure!

My brother and I are huge music nerds and Coldplay fans, and we started a new podcast “TOP FIVE DISCO”, where we discuss, dissect, debate and analyze a band’s discography track-by-track and rank their “TOP FIVE” songs for each album!! (kinda like the Album Survivor game we played). I’d love it if y’all checked it out and let us know what you think! Next artist comes out next week too…

Episode I: Early EPs + Parachutes

Episode II: A Rush Of Blood To The Head + X&Y

Episode III: Viva La Vida + Prospekt’s March

Episode IV: Mylo Xyloto + Ghost Stories

Episode V: A Head Full Of Dreams + Kaleidoscope

Episode VI: B-Sides, Worst + Best Lists

Link to iTunes to subscribe and listen to the podcast:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/top-five-disco/id1352155401?mt=2

Google Play link as well:

https://playmusic.app.goo.gl/?ibi=com.google.PlayMusic&isi=691797987&ius=googleplaymusic&apn=com.google.android.music&link=https://play.google.com/music/m/Iqcdtriizellhxow224kcyglism?t%3DTop_Five_Disco%26pcampaignid%3DMKT-na-all-co-pr-mu-pod-16

• Like 4

I mangaged to start listening to the head full of dreams podcast first and they absolutely hate it!

This made me smile.

I actually really love the end of Birds, it reminds me of Jonathan Richman although I can see it might upset people if they are caught up in it in a serious way but it made me laugh because it fits in with Mr Martins sense of humour.

• Like 2

This is kinda what i had in mind when we had the Coldplaying News / Youtube channel. A weekly discussion on a random topic. Maybe 2 of the mods, plus bringing in a random forum user or two to give different opinions.

• Like 1

I mangaged to start listening to the head full of dreams podcast first and they absolutely hate it!

This made me smile.

I actually really love the end of Birds, it reminds me of Jonathan Richman although I can see it might upset people if they are caught up in it in a serious way but it made me laugh because it fits in with Mr Martins sense of humour.

hahah yeah... we clearly love the band, but don't shy away from the parts we...do not. I assume this means you feel the same about the album? Most importantly what are YOUR top 5s for AHFOD??

and i do hope you like it enough to go backwards through the rest of the episodes too haha, we certainly have more fun gushing and raving about the songs and albums we actually adore.

Thanks for listening!

This is kinda what i had in mind when we had the Coldplaying News / Youtube channel. A weekly discussion on a random topic. Maybe 2 of the mods, plus bringing in a random forum user or two to give different opinions.

that's a great idea too - if this gets launched, be sure to let me know!

and hope you're enjoying the podcast as well - let me know what you think, good and bad!

Thanks for a very enjoyable listen! I was a bit worried at the start since I'm not fond of ranking music myself, but in the end the lists didn't bother me and I thought the discussions on the songs were very good. There was never a dull moment. It was striking how similar your lists often were! (And how different to mine, if I were to make them.)

This may be a bit early in the show's lifetime, but do you have any plans to monetize the show? It seems to me like podcasters have an easier time to keep going if they get some revenue from it. Anyway, best of luck! I hope it gains some traction with music lovers.

Also one small thing on the discussion on Aliens (if no-one else has pointed it out yet): the song actually originated in the Viva era, so that's why Brian Eno is credited. Check this post where someone pointed out that part of the song appeared in a documentary in 2009. So unfortunately it's very unlikely that they sat down with Eno in recent years.