✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Best Coldplay song ever in your opinion + why

FrankSchepers

Hey guys,

I have to make a presentation about my favorite artist for school, and as I'm a huuuugeeee Coldplay fan/lover I wanted to do it about them (of course).

There is only one question I can't manage to answer which is: "What is their best song and why".

I'm trying to choose between:

• Charlie Brown (Amazing atmosphere and feeling)

• Life in technicolor (Amazing vocals)

• In my place (Also some wonderful vocals)

• Speed of sound (The video clip is just amazing and the song gives me goosebumps)

• Death and all his friends (Just a really good song)

• .... (Comment if you have an other song I should choose + why)

It's just too hard to choose because they are all amazing and there are waaaaay more songs that are just beautiful (like 99% of all Coldplay songs)

Can you guys help me out?

~ Frank

• Like 2

I would have chosen 'God Put a Smile Upon Your Face' and 'A Rush of Blood to the Head' as well. I like GPASUYF because of Guy's awesome bass, you can really hear it and feel the difference. There was also some interview about that, you could read it up for the presentation. I find AROBTTH really good because of the way it is structured. Each piece of music has a potential for a separate song altogether. Still, transition from one kind of sound to another is beautiful. At the same time, I find lyrics of AROBTTH very meaningful.

Also, arguably you could pick 'Clocks' and 'Fix You' as well. 'Clocks' has a very high number of Beats Per Minute, much more than usual rock music. I think I do not need to give reasons for 'Fix You' :p

Cheers

• Like 2

I would have chosen 'God Put a Smile Upon Your Face' and 'A Rush of Blood to the Head' as well. I like GPASUYF because of Guy's awesome bass, you can really hear it and feel the difference. There was also some interview about that, you could read it up for the presentation. I find AROBTTH really good because of the way it is structured. Each piece of music has a potential for a separate song altogether. Still, transition from one kind of sound to another is beautiful. At the same time, I find lyrics of AROBTTH very meaningful.

Also, arguably you could pick 'Clocks' and 'Fix You' as well. 'Clocks' has a very high number of Beats Per Minute, much more than usual rock music. I think I do not need to give reasons for 'Fix You' :p

Cheers

Thanks for helping me, I will concider those two as those are really good songs indeed. The bass part is indeed really good in GPASUYF, and also I do like the chorus very much!

I didn't choose fix you or clocks because I'm also going to include live concert videos and I wanted to use those for that part.

Best Coldplay songs is very personal and also depends on the mood you're in.

That said... no matter my mood, no matter where or when, I love the live version of Yellow (with the piano intro) allways

That moment when Cris leaves the piano, picks his guitar and counts 3-2-1 ..... allways goosebumps.

Good luck on you're choice

• Like 3

From the ones you're considering I'd say In My Place since each member gives such a great performance (Will's intro, Jonny's solos etc.) and it's a great high-energy song live that shows how well they can get a crowd into in their live shows.

My personal favorite is Politik since I find the lyrics to be very deep and Chris's voice seems to be almost at its best. I love how it builds up at the end too. If you haven't seen it, the Live 2003 performance is amazing!

• Like 3

I've always considered Clocks (especially when performed live) to be the best Coldplay song. The hypnotic piano riff is so simple yet so powerful. The lyrics and melody really fit well together with the whole idea of urgency/time. It's really just an unbelievable song and I can never get sick of it. I feel every bit of it when watching it live and watching Chris perform it. There's something really special about the song that separates it even from the dozens of other incredible Coldplay songs, imo.

But that's the beauty of Coldplay music, is that each song is like a different emotion. Some people connect to certain songs/emotions and others connect to different ones. With Clocks, there's something that I can't quite explain in that I feel the song 100%.

• Like 2

From the ones you're considering I'd say In My Place since each member gives such a great performance (Will's intro, Jonny's solos etc.) and it's a great high-energy song live that shows how well they can get a crowd into in their live shows.

My personal favorite is Politik since I find the lyrics to be very deep and Chris's voice seems to be almost at its best. I love how it builds up at the end too. If you haven't seen it, the Live 2003 performance is amazing!

I was also thinking about politik, and I did see the live performance, its amazing indeed! :heart_eyes:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Quite hard to nail their best song mainly because you need to consider mood and your connection to the song... things that are subjective, aside from instrumentation, techniques and vocals. Strawberry Swing has been one of my personal favorites but I think it's not their best. On the other hand, If I were to consider the question, I might go with Clocks or Charlie Brown. Both with remarkable riff , good lyrics and "atmosphere".

• Like 2

For the people who are interested:

I've had my presentation a month ago, I chose Charlie Brown as my favorite song for that moment. And I've got a 9,4 out of 10 for the presentation.

Thanks for the help :)

Wow!!! Goed werk ;)

My highest score ever was 8,5 for my presentation about the band (in English) last year o_O

(I think I could've used your help :p)

No, but seriously. 9,4 out of 10's really good!

Wow!!! Goed werk ;)

My highest score ever was 8,5 for my presentation about the band (in English) last year o_O

(I think I could've used your help :p)

No, but seriously. 9,4 out of 10's really good!

You can have my presentation (it's already in English too)

Ondanks dat ik er makkelijk 200 presentaties over had kunnen houden in het Nederlands :joy:

• Haha 1