✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Would you ever get a Jonny Buckland Signature Guitar?

loco23

I've often looked at signature guitars in music stores with the names of John Mayer, Eric Clapton or that bloke from Muse and thought.... yeah they're great guitarists but why would I want my guitar to be defined by another guitarist? .... However, if I view it from the lens of a Jonny Buckland Sig guitar... I'm suddenly very persuaded hahaha.

• Like 2

I absolutely would. I'm already eyeing a Classic 72 Telecaster Thinline, which I believe is the guitar Jonny uses the most. I don't see why I wouldn't just get the signature instead.

I own a 72 thinline and its a great guitar. You start to realise why Jonny uses it on so many tracks. It's unique in that it's got double humbuckers but they're very bright humbuckers. The F hole looks great but I can't really say it adds much to sound - just aesthetic.

• Like 2

I sure would ! A guitar owned and played by Jonny would be so much better though.

My dream is actually to one day (maybe in 10 years or so) get one, but I daresay it's very difficult/unrealistic.

I think he will too. Maybe when Coldplay disbands he'll get round to it.

I'd love a Jonny signature guitar (once I have a ton of money....). A 72' sunburst Telecaster thinline would be sweet. It'd be cool to have Jonny effect pedals. And I know you can do this with existing gear but still...such as:

-His particular reverb setting on Lovers in Japan

-The pitched-up delay on Amazing Day

-Backwards delay on Strawberry Swing

-The atmospheric reverb/delay on the MX tour versions of GPASUYF and Yellow

-The repetitive sampler/delay on Low, and on the 2003 tour version of Spies

-The crazy sounding delay in live versions of Clocks

Also, I'd love to have a Jonny MX tour Stratocaster (can you tell I like MX lol), since there's a lot that he does with the whammy bar that's pretty cool, esp on GPASUYF and Paradise live versions.

• Like 3

Jonny has a lot of other niche guitars that are fun but also somewhat unique to him within the context of the band, eg the orange Les Paul on Violet Hill, the Jaguar (or is it a Jazzmaster?) on the VLV tour GPASUYF/Talk mashup . There's also the Blue and Brown solidbody telecasters from the Parachutes era! Which speaking of effects are cool with the phaser effect on Don't Panic.

That sound gets me every time. Especially when he plays those two notes for "...ticking clocks" and the delay seems to go on in a loop. Love it.

YES and I feel like every tour it just gets dirtier sounding. xD

• Like 2

Jonny has a lot of other niche guitars that are fun but also somewhat unique to him within the context of the band, eg the orange Les Paul on Violet Hill, the Jaguar (or is it a Jazzmaster?) on the VLV tour GPASUYF/Talk mashup . There's also the Blue and Brown solidbody telecasters from the Parachutes era! Which speaking of effects are cool with the phaser effect on Don't Panic.

YES and I feel like every tour it just gets dirtier sounding. xD

During GPASUYF/Talk mashup that was actually Jazzy (A or B - goodness knows but anyway a Jazzmaster) because of several reasons: only Jazzmasters were spotted with such swirls on both sides of the logo (mainly Vintage 60s line, think?) and you can see the guitar's headstock on MTV World Stage's performance, and also, think, Matt would list Jaguar if there were any in his book in the chapter where he talks about the Viva tour gear, instead there were 2 Vintage Jazzmasters. Other than that visually guitar pickups there look slightly broader rather than on any Jaguar and typical rod-like controller but all's not a fact that you won't find Jaguar look-alike, so trusting logo here only lol (attached some picture with the logo so it would be clear abou which swirls I'm talking)

8b80ac0a707ea156f20b794a420cf376.jpg.8f8296962b26c4d56493ce03628fc7d7.jpg

Coldplay_-_Live_MTV_World_Stage__Palladia__HD-1080i.ts0079.thumb.png.aee1fc89600831fb174be991b1a0ac60.png

• Like 1

...There's also the Blue and Brown solidbody telecasters from the Parachutes era! Which speaking of effects are cool with the phaser effect on Don't Panic.

Oh yeah! I'd like to have the blue one. Although it's already a Signature guitar:

Fender Jerry Donahue Signature Telecaster

fender-jerry-donahue-signature-telecaster-xl.jpg?v=1550394734

• Like 1

• 2 months later...