✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Jon's teacher is 'delighted'

Mimixxx

Feb 10 2004

Daily Post

A music teacher has told of her pride at seeing a former pupil pick up a Grammy award with rock band Coldplay.

Coldplay won the Record of the Year award at Sunday's Grammy Awards in Los Angeles for the song Clocks.

Margaret Parr taught guitarist Jon Buckland for seven years while he was at Mold Alun High School, Flintshire.

Mrs Parr said last night: "I am delighted. I taught Jonathan music at GCSE and A-Level and of course he always had very good compositional skills.

"He would write music for guitar but also a lot of computer music too.

"His musical skills really developed over the years."

Mrs Parr, from Stryd y Castell, Ruthin, said Jon was already a competent guitarist when she first met him when he was 11.

She said: "I am always very impressed with Coldplay. I consider them all to be musicians, not just rock stars. I'm very proud of him."

:D :D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LiquidSky
Feb 10 2004

Daily Post

A music teacher has told of her pride at seeing a former pupil pick up a Grammy award with rock band Coldplay.

Coldplay won the Record of the Year award at Sunday's Grammy Awards in Los Angeles for the song Clocks.

Margaret Parr taught guitarist Jon Buckland for seven years while he was at Mold Alun High School, Flintshire.

Mrs Parr said last night: "I am delighted. I taught Jonathan music at GCSE and A-Level and of course he always had very good compositional skills.

"He would write music for guitar but also a lot of computer music too.

"His musical skills really developed over the years."

Mrs Parr, from Stryd y Castell, Ruthin, said Jon was already a competent guitarist when she first met him when he was 11.

She said: "I am always very impressed with Coldplay. I consider them all to be musicians, not just rock stars. I'm very proud of him."

:D :D

omg! that is so cute! I bet Johnny would be so proud and happy to hear that from his teacher...awwwwwwww :nice:

That is the cutest thing........ :D

Guest LiquidSky
:lol: :lol:

prob not...bet shes covering for him :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

aaaaw jonathan!! :sneaky: :P

She prob. is! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest LiquidSky

awwwwwww not you too?????? I barely have a voice again.....I coldn't help yesterday...that I got crazy and started to sing and sing and now my voice is very low right now, I should have my mouth taped :lol: :( :/