🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi another Snow Patrol-er here :D

I'm not a huge fan or anything but this is amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU_DAbCrpzg

Oh my god, that performance is just legendary. The crowd and atmosphere take my breath away, damn I so wished I'd been there... :bomb: I would have literally chopped my right arm off to have been in that moment. Makes me want to cry listening to everyone singing back so powerfully! Gary's face says it all, you can just see how much the response touched them. One of those spine-tingling moments that every rock star dreams of. :heart: Sighhhhh.

Did you see that picture from the Q Awards where he's wearing a "Kellogg's" shirt? :lol: :wacky:

Gary had that same shirt on when he was interviewed on a Channel 4 "songs of the decade" program at New Year - Chasing Cars was given the number one spot of most downloaded song I think. He must love that t shirt a lot haha. :lol:

I :heart: Q!!

Me too!! :D I love that Gary's now got a monthly column where he talks about what music he's currently listening/in to. Q's the only music magazine I thoroughly like... they have good taste and respect when it comes to all my fave bands (including Coldplay ;) :P)

sorry...continuing with the OT topic: i don't think i got the pleasure of meeting either of you (johkuji & loveintechnicolor) too...even tho it looks like all 3 of use went to the same Wembley gig. :\

but, regardless, i agree...it was definitely an awesome day! :D

...it'd be even more awesome if it had been Snow Patrol (still) supporting them at Wembley too & not Girls Aloud. :P

To this day I wish Coldplay had done away with the Howling Bells completely and given Snow Patrol an Hour and fifteen instead! Night of my life to be there. Ive said it before and will say it again, Snow Patrol were the best openers I have ever seen. Not a single person were in their seats! Everyone was standing, ushers said not a single person was in the concession area!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiL03yixlQI&feature=related]YouTube- Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol[/ame] - Not as good as the last one, but it shows how appreciated they were here.

I wish they were bigger here in North America so I could see them headline a show!

I wish they were bigger here in North America so I could see them headline a show!

Great video, thanks!

Also, they did headline here this past fall. I saw them in Austin at a very intimate show. They were incredible. I know they went all around the US, not sure if they made it up to Canada, though.

yeah I don't think I met you..but then again I don't know what you look like so I might have seen you but not recognize :P I was at the H&J queue with Chelsea, Semy etc and I had a home made coldplay jacket on most of the time and I was right at the start of the queue there :D

if Snow Patrol had been there..I think it would have been too much to handle for me :awesome:

I wish they were bigger here too and they'd come here sometime :\ most people know Chasing Cars and like Crack The Shutters and some have heard the Eyes Open album, but I have never met a proper fan :(

haha...yeah, same here. & there were loads of ppl in yellow tees all around Wembley. i was in the other queue - M&N with SueDeNimes, butadream, etc. wearing a CPing.com yellow tee in the old design. didn't really wander off from my queue much, to be honest. but i did really want it to be Snow Patrol still supporting Coldplay at Wembley (as impossible as it was)...regardless of whether i could handle it or not. 2-for-1 deal, y'know? :lol:

but getting the chance to see them on their Reworked Tour, at the end of the day when i thought i'd missed my chance already, that made my year! :D

& i wish they were bigger in Asia too, particularly Southeast Asia, but then Brit bands generally aren't that popular in Malaysia beyond U2, Coldplay or Oasis. & for Snow Patrol, it's the same...i hardly know any other proper fans too. :(

somehow i think their real strength lies in their live performances more than the albums itself...but it isn't easy to get foreign bands/artists to come all the way to Malaysia for their tours.

is it a problem that I wish Snow Patrol opened for EVERY concert i went to?!?!?! I'm going to Lady Gaga in NYC tomorrow night and I'm hoping there will be a surprise SP appearance - i seriously know that that will never happen, but how awesome would that be! @jo - i totally agree though - if i had been at one of the coldplay/sp shows that probably would have been too much to handle...haha U2 & SP was as close as i'll get! :)

They didn't make it up into Canada on their intimate tour. Probably why they tagged along with Coldplay for all the Canadian cities. Not complaining got to see them very close and got Gary to smile at me. I think it helps screaming "You guys ****ing rock!" as loud as I could. I have a loud voice too.

I think they are getting a bit more recognition here in NA. Set Fire To The Third Bar is being used in the Dear John trailers. I have to admit Im not a huuuuge fan, but I know all their stuff, I dont like it all, but I know it. Im more of a fan of the last two outings and Im in love with Up To Now!

They didn't make it up into Canada on their intimate tour. Probably why they tagged along with Coldplay for all the Canadian cities. Not complaining got to see them very close and got Gary to smile at me. I think it helps screaming "You guys ****ing rock!" as loud as I could. I have a loud voice too.

I think they are getting a bit more recognition here in NA. Set Fire To The Third Bar is being used in the Dear John trailers. I have to admit Im not a huuuuge fan, but I know all their stuff, I dont like it all, but I know it. Im more of a fan of the last two outings and Im in love with Up To Now!

aaaahhhh sorry just saw that you wrote that [about dear john].

I agree they seem to be hitting the big time in NA thanks to Grey's Anatomy etc.... Up to Now didn't hurt either....

*lol* (the text i bold-ed) that's a pretty effective way to get the band's attention, alright! ;) ..........alas, i am WAY too shy to ever attempt anything like that. so i salute you, sir.

yeah there were so many of us there! :D I didn't move much from our queue either, I think we went around once after settling to the queue and then a few bathroom breaks and shopping for posters etc once :P yeah Snow Patrol definately would have been epic at Wembley! it would have been like a little festival already! :D

seeing them at RAH would have neeb my dream but it was so soon after wembley that it didnt work out :\ oh well, maybe next tour then! :D for Finland it's always so that most bands go to Sweden (like Coldplay...TWICE during VLV tour :dozey:) and it's like so close but still so far you know :P but atleast U2 are coming here after like 12 years of Finland break for them :D

hey, at least you get U2 & Coldplay. honestly, if U2 ever came to Southeast Asia, i think it will be EPIC.........not to mention that tickets will be snapped up in a blink of an eye. :P

aaaahhhh sorry just saw that you wrote that [about dear john].

I agree they seem to be hitting the big time in NA thanks to Grey's Anatomy etc.... Up to Now didn't hurt either....

is Up To Now selling well in the US?

oh, i just bought a Snow Patrol US gig poster over eBay...you guys get such cool gig posters there!!! :cool: :D :cool:

*lol* (the text i bold-ed) that's a pretty effective way to get the band's attention, alright! ;) ..........alas, i am WAY too shy to ever attempt anything like that. so i salute you, sir.

Well I was very nervous about it. It was right after one of the lesser known songs and it was pretty quite, so I decided to go for it. I knew Coldplay wouldn't hear me since i knew silence would be hard to come by. It worked out well.

Up To Now is selling okay, Just Say Yes is getting okay air play in Vancouver. By Okay I mean if you hear it between the pop garbage on the top 40 stations every once in a while, and on the Rock station once a day.

Oh what I would give to have a good radio station.

hey, at least you get U2 & Coldplay. honestly, if U2 ever came to Southeast Asia, i think it will be EPIC.........not to mention that tickets will be snapped up in a blink of an eye. :P

is Up To Now selling well in the US?

oh, i just bought a Snow Patrol US gig poster over eBay...you guys get such cool gig posters there!!! :cool: :D :cool:

What does the poster look like, Kimmi?

Well I was very nervous about it. It was right after one of the lesser known songs and it was pretty quite, so I decided to go for it. I knew Coldplay wouldn't hear me since i knew silence would be hard to come by. It worked out well.

Up To Now is selling okay, Just Say Yes is getting okay air play in Vancouver. By Okay I mean if you hear it between the pop garbage on the top 40 stations every once in a while, and on the Rock station once a day.

We've got a couple of great stations here, but SP seems to fall just outside the range of what they play. I've heard Crack the Shutters and Take Back the City on one station, but haven't heard Just Say Yes on local radio at all. :(

I checked the billboard chart, and I'm not sure I searched correctly, but from what I saw, it looked like Up to Now hasn't charted (on the Billboard top 200 chart, anyway) at all. :\

heh...so are your radio stations dominated by hip hop, R&B stuff too then?

i generally listen to Absolute Radio in UK or online streaming, if i'm not in UK. but i tend to just listen to my own music on my PC more these days cos my radio's acting up a bit.

What does the poster look like, Kimmi?

here's how the poster looks like...

103-727928NEWBU.jpg

part of the reason i got it is that the date on the poster is just 1 day before my birthday...heh

kimmi wicked cool poster! is it hanging in your room already?

I'd say "up to now" is doing fairly well - it was sold out several times at local stores in NYC when i went to buy it (finally just bought it on itunes...but i usually love having hard copies of good albums :) )

Chasing cars is still playing on the radio here all the time. I hear Just Say Yes from time to time, and Run is on the "rock/altern" stations a fair amount. The stations in Boston are better than in NYC (in my opinion) only because whenever i have z100 on here in the city, its either Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Black Eyed Peas, or Jay-Z [and then such hits as fireflies, and some hip hop junk that i usually switch pretty quickly hahah]. It's a little more varied in New England i think (but then again i am strongly biased). :)

haven't received the poster yet...enroute by post currently. :D

probably will put it with the gig poster i have for Coldplay at Wembley...which i really like too cos it's got the confetti butterflies theme. or some other corner of my room's wall.

btw is Boston/NYC your hometown? just out of curiosity... :)

I dont know if someone already posted this, but its appeared on my youtube and I watched it and its funny. Yes they make fun of the band but its soooo funny...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyrsufoJ_68&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_fresh+div-1r-2-HM]YouTube- A Brief History Of Snow Patrol - Eyebrowy / ATL TV[/ame]

*lol* that was pretty funny...& the "crap accents"!

the animation style kinda reminds me of King of the Hill, somehow.

& ermmm...i wasn't really sure which one was Gary at the start. but are those glasses he's supposed to be wearing at the start when they were in uni? :P

btw is Boston/NYC your hometown? just out of curiosity... :)

I'm from Boston (and still work in Boston) but I am in grad school in New York City - i go back and forth so often it's hard to just pick one! :rolleyes::):dozey:

also: i love the sound of your room - i have some cute small pics up but anytime I have people over they make fun of them...so they are hiding in the corner right now!! (the pictures, not the people) :dozey::laugh3: