🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who's TERRIFIED for this new CP single.

Snow Patrol doesn't seem to be doing this whole blatant lyrics thing. And they're not dressing in silly outfits and promoting things badly. I think it'll be a while before we have to be nervous about their releases.

I'm so nervous for Friday. But anyway, back to the amazing Snow Patrol. :wacky:.

+1

I'm not afraid of 'changes' (SP or CP)....they always say that (last SP album or VLV) but even if it was 'different', you still can sense the SP/CP vibe so personnally, I trust my men :smug:

The boys have change their twitter image profil...LOL

Unknown.png

I wonder who's winning?!! :sneaky:

I trust them and in the end I love both albums cause they are CP or SP! :D

And that pic! Pablo :dead: love love love the new hairdo! :D I really wanna know who is winning!

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very good effort there! slight gap at the start when going into the 2nd version of the song, but otherwise it's an awesome effort!

i was just thinking that i really like the current version of Chasing Cars that the guys are playing on tour now, especially when they were in Mexico. so cheers for this! :D

what are the odds they'll have their album out before coldplay? they've managed to get their album written, recorded and still tour in between while coldplay have spent 2 years in a studio and are still giving very little info on their album. As much as I love coldplay they annoy me when it comes to giving fans info. Gary himself has been constantly telling us what's going on and giving us song titles.

Feels good to get that of my chest. Can't wait for the new album :D

i'd say pretty good odds it'll be out before Coldplay, especially with a release date already set but not announced yet.

& agree with you that SP are better at making it all feel more intimate with fans in general (the blog, Tumblr updates, gig experience) than Coldplay. but different bands, different strengths/characters, i guess.

yeah but it's just so frustrating with how vague coldplay are being with the details on the next album in comparison but hopefully both bands will have a good album out soon and the coldplay and snow patrol world can be happy again haha

Doesn't seem like the new CP album's gonna be too great, in my opinion, anyway. :shrug:

Snow Patrol are much more grounded than Coldplay. One thing I like better about them. :heart:.

i agree, there's something about snow patrol's music that makes me think they're playing these songs for me specifically especially in songs like open your eyes, if there's a rocket, how to be dead or you could be happy. And they always seem happy to update fans and are happy to play their songs for us whereas i think sometimes coldplay feel like they have to and Chris kind of proved this in the 60 minutes interview when he said, 'even if we didn't want to play Yellow we have to cos the fans have paid us to play it'. Maybe coldplay don't know how to deal with interacting with the fans as well as snow patrol but surely after 10 years they'd have a better idea of how to do it?

Doesn't seem like the new CP album's gonna be too great, in my opinion, anyway. :shrug:

Snow Patrol are much more grounded than Coldplay. One thing I like better about them. :heart:.

I do think the new album will be good, it's just we have no concrete information about anything to do with it at all.

i agree, there's something about snow patrol's music that makes me think they're playing these songs for me specifically especially in songs like open your eyes, if there's a rocket, how to be dead or you could be happy. And they always seem happy to update fans and are happy to play their songs for us whereas i think sometimes coldplay feel like they have to and Chris kind of proved this in the 60 minutes interview when he said, 'even if we didn't want to play Yellow we have to cos the fans have paid us to play it'. Maybe coldplay don't know how to deal with interacting with the fans as well as snow patrol but surely after 10 years they'd have a better idea of how to do it?

i think somehow cos the SP guys had to work for a good 10yrs before they came anywhere near Coldplay's level of success with Parachutes/Yellow, they're a bit more genuinely appreciative of fans & know to put effort into making us feel like part of their "family".

either that or Gary's PR savviness/skills are bloody top notch! :P

& songs wise, i agree too. i personally feel that it's fairly obvious what Gary's singing about & you can relate to most of them. but with Coldplay's lyrics, aside from Fix You (& possibly Christmas Lights) which was quite obvious what it was about, the other songs are harder to work out what exactly Chris is singing about.

oh, & Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall actually reminded me of when Snow Patrol went & did Just Say Yes (re: the clubby beats)...'cept i think SP does a better job of making a good clubby sounding tune. but then, i guess SP has the advantage there since at least 2 of them do a lot of DJing, especially with Tom being the old hand at mixing beats.