🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha totally. yeah and at the venue i saw them there was no barrier.. so there wasnt even that extra space.. so it was like seriously staring up at a tall building or something.. haha

no worries u girls will be up front too and getting neck pains and not realizing it until after the concert coz u'll be too excited during it hehe. don't forget to take pics of u can! :)

Gosh Nathan is freakin Hott! I seriously can't wait to see him on friday! lol gosh now i sound like a little girl.

TLo yeah it may hurt but ya know it will be totally worth it. I mean hello to be right in front of Gary or Nathan!!! :dies: I have to agree though I like him better with short hair, he just looks smokin hott! lol

nathan23.jpg

Aww he's adorable

no worries u girls will be up front too and getting neck pains and not realizing it until after the concert coz u'll be too excited during it hehe. don't forget to take pics of u can! :)

Gosh I hope so!!!!! I really want to be right up front cause well im a short girl and im the lucky one who gets stuck behind a 6'0 guy and cant see a thing! holy crap its so close like 1 day!!! Oh im so excited!!! I guess i should start packing eh?!?! lol

Badlydrawngirl I know isnt he such a cutie!

Edit: So i went out to a bar tonight and I saw this guy that looked a whole lot like Gary!!!! it was crazy!!! I though i would share that with you all!

Gosh I hope so!!!!! I really want to be right up front cause well im a short girl and im the lucky one who gets stuck behind a 6'0 guy and cant see a thing! holy crap its so close like 1 day!!! Oh im so excited!!! I guess i should start packing eh?!?! lol

Badlydrawngirl I know isnt he such a cutie!

Edit: So i went out to a bar tonight and I saw this guy that looked a whole lot like Gary!!!! it was crazy!!! I though i would share that with you all!

AND if ure in front u can get a setlist & other goodies! i got gary's setlist last time.. and one of his picks :D

did u stare at the guy at the bar?! lol

Snow Patrol Dubbed 'Darker Version' Of Coldplay

The Indie rock group Snow Patrol has another hit with their new album “Eyes Open,” featuring the songs “Hands Open,” “Chasing Cars” and “You’re All I Have.” The group uses creative and unique lyrics with hypnotic music to create a successfully poignant album.

This is one of the reasons why Snow Patrol has been dubbed as the darker version of Coldplay. The lyrics are honest and open, which allow the songs to be powerful and emotional. Though Snow Patrol has just become successful, the group has been around for more than a decade.

Snow Patrol started in Northern Ireland in 1994 under the name Shrug, but soon changed the name of the group to Polar Bear. The band had a rough time in the beginning and even considered quitting the music business. That all changed in 2004 with the release of their third album, “Final Straw.” Their single “Run” ranked No. 5 on U.K. charts, while “Final Straw” reached No. 3.

Snow Patrol went from playing for crowds of 20 to playing for crowds exceeding 2,000.

In August 2005, the group placed themselves in an isolated house in Glasgow, Scotland. The house was located on the edge of a cliff with waves crashing beneath it.

“It’s a very dramatic place,” said Gary Lightbody, singer and chief songwriter.

Snow Patrol decided that this would be the perfect setting to write their new album “Eyes Open,” which was released May 9. The band is currently touring in the United States and canceled some of its shows because Lightbody was ill with laryngitis.

Snow Patrol is trying to reschedule all of the canceled shows and is placing them at the end of the U.S. tour. The band says that it is giving Lightbody’s voice a week to heal and then they will be back on schedule. For concert locations and dates, visit http://www.snowpatrol.com/tour/.

Source: http://www.ocolly.com

AND if ure in front u can get a setlist & other goodies! i got gary's setlist last time.. and one of his picks :D

did u stare at the guy at the bar?! lol

haha oh yes yes i did!It was crazy how much he looked like gary!

Oh i hope to get up front i would really like Nathan's set list!!!! that would just like make my next 5 years lol!

OMG.. guys i just read about your show being postponed on the SP forum! :( .. infact the next three shows are postponed..

9 Jun 2006 - Clutch Cargo's, Pontiac, MI

10 Jun 2006 - Vic Theatre, Chicago, IL

11 Jun 2006 - First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN

that really really sucks! i hope gary's doing okay.. im gettin really worried now..

OMG.. guys i just read about your show being postponed on the SP forum! :( .. infact the next three shows are postponed..

9 Jun 2006 - Clutch Cargo's, Pontiac, MI

10 Jun 2006 - Vic Theatre, Chicago, IL

11 Jun 2006 - First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN

that really really sucks! i hope gary's doing okay.. im gettin really worried now..

OH NO!

But I can't finfd it anywhere about it being cancelled. no email, not even on the website for the venue. I will have to call later then. I hope it's not true, but if it is needed then I totally understand.

EDIT: Clutch Cargo's website now has the show as Postponed.

Awwww Ally, I hope you didn't drive all the way here already! This is sad. I wonder when the make-up date is?

from the SP Forum:

piper down! we have a piper down!

I saw the doctor again yesterday afternoon. The news is bad. My vocal chords don’t seem to have heeled at all. The polyps are still there and my singing voice is extremely weak. ‘What’s new?’ I hear from cheap seats. Indeed.

I’m so sorry about this but I’ve been advised by the doctor to not do any shows for a month. I may also need surgery but the initial suggestion from the doc is for me to rest at home for that time and see how I am in a few weeks.

I’ve also seen a voice coach here in New York who has given me some vocal exercises to help me heal and build up the strength of the voice. His advice on Wednesday was also preferably for me to take a month off.

This of course means postponing the rest of this US tour.

I hope you all understand that if I could do this tour right now I would but I’m worried to go against doctor’s advice would lead to serious, even irreversible, problems further down the line.

Thank you all for your messages on the forum wishing me a speedy recovery it means a lot.

Our agent Marty has worked 24 hours straight pretty much to get these shows rebooked. God bless you Marty. They will take place in September and they will call in every town we have missed this time round and two others San Diego and Las Vegas. Your original tickets will still be valid of course. We will tell you the confirmed dates on Monday or Tuesday and when the tickets go on sale for the new shows.

Lots of love, gary.x

SURGERY!??!!?! i hope not!!! garrryy get betterrr!!!!

Oh man! This is heartbreaking. He sounds sort of scared and all the mentioning of how weak his voice is, really is troubling. :(

So in Sept they will come back? Sounds good! Something to spice up all the the boring classes I'll be taking. Now let the excitement build! hhaha