✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2021-09-23] Coldplay at the Apollo Theater, New York, NY (SiriusXM Invitation Only)

Heavensbee

Coldplay will be playing a full length show at the Apollo Theater on September 23, 2021 as part of the SiriusXM Small Stage Series. The show will only be open to SiriusXM subscribers on an invite-only basis.

I’m personally gonna pull out all the stops to attend this one. Previous SXM shows at Apollo have been huge productions. Lady Gaga and U2 played shows there in 2019 and 2018 for SXM respectively, and both shows were 90 minutes to 2 hours long.

Here’s a write up of the SiriusXM U2 show, and it talks about different ways fans were able to get tickets to the show. Apollo seats over 1500 people, so it will be a tough ticket, but you never know. Bottom line... make sure you are a SiriusXM subscriber if you want to have a shot at winning or getting an invitation!

https://www.u2songs.com/news/u2_at_the_apollo_a_look_back

NEW YORK, Aug. 11, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- SiriusXM and Pandora announced today the Small Stage Series, a series of performances with premier artists spanning music genres and styles, and comedy, and held in small iconic venues. 

SiriusXM and Pandora Launch ‘Small Stage Series’ – Top Artists in Music and Comedy Performing at Small Iconic Venues
SiriusXM and Pandora Launch ‘Small Stage Series’ – Top Artists in Music and Comedy Performing at Small Iconic Venues

Launching on August 19 with Dave Matthewslive from a secret location and Kane Brownfrom Nashville, Small Stage Serieswill feature exclusive performances in cities across the country. The multi-genre spanning line-up of shows will give SiriusXM subscribers and Pandora listeners the chance to see their favorite artists live in intimate settings, along with an exclusive keepsake to commemorate what might be some subscribers' first live event in a very long time.

"To acknowledge the grit and resilience of people across the country, we are overjoyed to bring our listeners and subscribers a series of unforgettable experiences in very special places, and in the safest way we know how to bring live events back to fans," said SiriusXM Chief Content Officer, Scott Greenstein.  "Access to these shows and performances is the advantage of being a SiriusXM subscriber and Pandora listener, and it is what we love to do. The series is a showcase that represents SiriusXM's amazing array of audio entertainment, spanning all musical styles and spotlight fan-favorite and top-tier talent performing in secret locations and limited-size iconic venues across the U.S., giving SiriusXM subscribers and Pandora listeners the opportunity to once again safely see their favorites live." 

To maintain the highest public health standards and/or requirements, SiriusXM will adhere to health and safety protocols for each venue, and all state and local health mandates to protect attendees, staff, and artists.

SiriusXM and Pandora's Small Stage Series Lineup: 
http://www.siriusxm.com/smallstageseries

• Like 3

Ahhh it's in New York; unfortunately that's too far away from me. I'll give it some thought, think my hubby wanted to see a wrestling show in New York but its toward the end of September... just typing it out, the dates don't sync. 

Good luck to you ♡

Edited by TealAppeal
Spelling
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, GamingForeverAUS said:

will this gig be recorded and released similar to the Tidal shows in California back in 2015? Or are these shows just gonna be bad FM rips like the SiruisXM gigs back in 2019 with no official videos?

They plan to stream the concert on SiriusXM. I think they streamed the Beacon Theatre show on the Ghost Stories tour in this way, too.

• Like 2

Based on my experience with SXM drawings, I will add that typically you need to be located in the region of the show for SXM to target you with an email to sign up for a chance to get tickets. So you need to be in the NYC region based on your account billing information.

Make sure you're signed up to receive emails from SXM in your communication preferences in your account.

Plus you need to let them know your listening preferences here. Make sure you select Alternative and New Adult Rock at a minimum!

https://www.siriusxm.com/perks

They'll draw several winners this way. Then there is usually a chance nationwide for a trip+tickets+hotel, only 1 winner this way. They haven't opened the entry for this yet. When they do, it'll be here:

https://www.siriusxm.com/small-stage-series

Based on what I read about the U2 concert a few years ago, they also did some call-in opportunities on SXM (for Coldplay, probably either The Spectrum or Alt Nation) and maybe even the band will do its own drawing, yet to be announced. So stay tuned. NYC subscribers, make sure your SXM account is up to date!!

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone listening to the broadcast today? It seems like the "exclusive live performance" songs are just peppered among various album tracks, B-sides, and other live performances. Good choices by the way on the diversity of tracks. Many B-sides like Things I Don't Understand, I Ran Away, etc. But the way the live songs are is super difficult to follow and annoying but I've so far heard these performances:

-Clocks, with just Chris

-VLV with just Chris

-Yellow, normal version

-Orphans, interestingly with few or no backing tracks so you can really hear Chris and Will singing together.

I'm also noticing POTP snippet is being used as Sirius's transition music alongside HP, Coloratura, MU, and some other existing songs. 

Edited by MosesTheMarshmallow
  • Wow 1

• 3 weeks later...