✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Music of the Spheres critic and user reviews

nvdmm

Also A L I E N S, Bani Adam and the piano at the beginning of COTW, and possibly more songs on Everyday Life - we don't really know which but the whole album has been confirmed to be a rework of the scrapped Wedding Album they wanted to put out after Viva. We also know they revisited an unreleased version of UFO and the unreleased Rescue Street in the sessions for MOTS, and these might be reworked and released in the future (although I wonder if Rescue Street became Human Heart, since both songs feature Acapella singing).

But once again, I'm not saying reworks are bad. Everyday Life is full of them and is a masterpiece.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TheLostColdplayer said:

@I ran away

That's really interesting!

How did you discover about "Rescue Street"?? I'm super curious about it!!

And yes you're right! Also, "Everyday Life" is a reworked 2009 song according to an interview with Rik Simpson...

Wow really? Do you have a link for that?

About Rescue Street, in one of the Together at Home livestreams in his home studio in Malibu, Chris had a guitar with that song name written on a sticker on it, and we already knew that Rescue Street was an unreleased MX sessions song because it appears as a song title in the MX pop up book and in an old MX interview Chris said that it was an attempt at an acapella song that they couldn't get right.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, I ran away said:

Do you have a link for that?

Sure! It's a lovely interview with Rik Simpson and the Dream Team about the making of Everyday Life and more.

https://musictech.com/features/interviews/rik-simpson-dan-green-coldplay-everyday-life/

Yesss! I knew about "Rescue Street"'s past during the post-Viva and Mylo sessions but I thought thay had forgotten it. I'm so glad you told about this!!

• Like 2

Thanks, I've definitely read this one before 🙂 OK maybe i'm not seeing right but does it actually say that Everyday Life was reworked as a song? Cause all I can see there is the talk of Arabesque. I just recall hearing about Everyday Life that it evolved from the same piece that became Church, hence the similar chords and string arrangements...

It seems to say that "Everyday Life" was started in 2009:

Rik explains that the bedrock of the final track is still that original take which was recorded over a decade earlier: “The song has evolved massively since then, but the basic groove and its driving nature have always been like that. The trick was getting the groove to bounce right, and evolving the piece imperceptibly over time, keeping the ear interested”.

1 hour ago, TheLostColdplayer said:

It seems to say that "Everyday Life" was started in 2009:

Rik explains that the bedrock of the final track is still that original take which was recorded over a decade earlier: “The song has evolved massively since then, but the basic groove and its driving nature have always been like that. The trick was getting the groove to bounce right, and evolving the piece imperceptibly over time, keeping the ear interested”.

Ah, gotcha! I understood final track as meaning the final Arabesque version, not the least track of the album. Because they started talking about Arabesque right before and Arabesque is a song that has groove and driving nature, this doesn't fit for the song Everyday Life imho