🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The NEW 2024 Leaks Thread

Doomotron

2 Aliens was on several whiteboards before this, praying it makes it in some form. If they vault it forever then grrr, but it would be a very Coldplay thing to do. 

On reflection it's pretty damn close to the leaked tracklist. No UFO or 2 Aliens, and Moon Song isn't listed (although if it's just an ambient interlude it might not need to be) but everything else is pretty much the same, including One World as the closer. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Famous Old Painter said:

Is it possible MUSIC and We Play are alt titles for other songs we know?

Also, we have to remember previous whiteboard 'leaks'. I don't think we've ever seen a final tracklist on them (that could change this time, but still).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Famous Old Painter said:

2 Aliens was on several whiteboards before this, praying it makes it in some form. If they vault it forever then grrr, but it would be a very Coldplay thing to do. 

On reflection it's pretty damn close to the leaked tracklist. No UFO or 2 Aliens, and Moon Song isn't listed (although if it's just an ambient interlude it might not need to be) but everything else is pretty much the same, including One World as the closer. 

I agree. Not seeing UFO and 2 Aliens in the tracklist made me kind of sad, but knowing Coldplay, they're either saving them for the next album or vaulting them forever (I hope this isn't the case lol).

6 minutes ago, popopopokerface said:

9 is called 'We Pray' written in 2024 and has a female and male artist on it 

The video says it's filmed on December 2023 lmao

• Wow 2

4 minutes ago, Famous Old Painter said:

Could just be Moon Song renamed

Idk where did people get "Moon song" from ? Did the band talk about it or was it written on the board before ?

At least with UFO we have a demo we can listen to whenever we want. If the finished song is as good as Llama says it is then it would be a shame not to hear it, but it's not like the song will be a total mystery. 

2 Aliens though? Living with just a snippet for several years is going to drive me bonkers. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Famous Old Painter said:

At least with UFO we have a demo we can listen to whenever we want. If the finished song is as good as Llama says it is then it would be a shame not to hear it, but it's not like the song will be a total mystery. 

2 Aliens though? Living with just a snippet for several years is going to drive me bonkers. 

I don't fucking care if they don't release it then it's gonna pop up on a website..

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Famous Old Painter said:

Just noticed they only counted 9 songs. Neon Forest, MUSIC and Angel's Song don't have track numbers assigned (or one of them is an illegible 6) 

You're right, that's kind of scary... It seems like they're considering which song deserves the 6th spot in the album, but as you said, that would leave us with only 9 songs...

Edited by Zetherio
  • Wow 1

It's possible that this is an outdated tracklist (the video was shot in 2023). The leaked tracklist has a lot of common ground with this one but has more songs added, so it's possible the leaked tracklist is still the correct one? 

If they're tossing up those three songs I hope they go with Neon Forest. And I agree, UFO does make sense for the musical. As does 2 Aliens come to think of it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Famous Old Painter said:

so it's possible the leaked tracklist is still the correct one? 

That's the fun part, that we still have no idea about anything 😁
Personally, I enjoy these months leading up to releases. It's fun to go back and see what the speculation was.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Jonan said:

It seems that Mr Harvey has made a couple of calls. The video has been made private. 😁

That's crazy, imagine they read this thread lol.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Zetherio said:

That's crazy, imagine they read this thread lol.

That would be so funny. My main suspect is Phil Harvey's Left Leg. That limb must be up to something.

• Haha 3
  • Angry 1